SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TV for basketball game on Friday. Southern vs Wake Forest

1. Default Re: TV for basketball game on Friday. Southern vs Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I get it, lots of potential for this team. The back court is really impressive. I just don't see a scenario we're a lot of P5 programs are afraid to play a SB team that is picked by the conference coaches to finish 4th.
    Good point. I think several things factor into why a P5 team might not want to play us early this year. Our team has been together 2-3 seasons now and that familiarity helps a lot especially early in the season. The "1 and dones" we see with the top P5 teams means they have to reload every year.Regardless of talent it takes time for freshmen to mature as college players and teams to gel. A team like ours can cause fits for teams with several freshmen early in the season.

Default Re: TV for basketball game on Friday. Southern vs Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    How about my man Montae Glenn going for 14 and 13? There's that double double guy y'all are looking for.
    We knew he had the talent coming in and it has taken quite a while for him to acclimate to the college game plus commit himself to S&C and dedicate himself to practicing low post play.

The coaches that I’ve had a chance to speak with said he had the best offseason of any of our players and was excited to see him take a step he’s not taken.

I hope all of those who posted and tweeted about this win will come out to Hanner and support our team in person! I have seen stuff from folks I don't recall seeing in Hanner over the last few years. Let's Pack Hanner and Be Loud!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    I’m projecting. Byington is doing very well for himself recruiting NC, going in there and beating an ACC team there is going to make that eeeeeeeven better. We signed a recruit in the early period that had an offer from Wake as well.
    This current signing class will knock your socks off in the coming seasons. You heard it here first. We are finally getting some quality depth built up amongst multiple classes now.

MUCH credit goes to coaches Wilson and Dixon who have kicked up their scouting and closing abilities quite noticeably!

5. Default Re: TV for basketball game on Friday. Southern vs Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I hope all of those who posted and tweeted about this win will come out to Hanner and support our team in person! I have seen stuff from folks I don't recall seeing in Hanner over the last few years. Let's Pack Hanner and Be Loud!
    I would love to come down for the games ,but it is difficult on weeknights. Too bad the athletic department could not schedule a game for next weekend in combination with the last home football game. If they could arrange that then it might bring in a thousand or more of extra fans for Hanner.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I would love to come down for the games ,but it is difficult on weeknights. Too bad the athletic department could not schedule a game for next weekend in combination with the last home football game. If they could arrange that then it might bring in a thousand or more of extra fans for Hanner.
    Hopefully you can make one of the Saturday games. Hanner can be a special place when it get loud! The team really feeds off of the energy. There are some Saturdays that are double headers.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    It will be a good crowd. Probably not a record crowd, but a good one.

BTW, I did not realize that Missouri State was picked to win the MVFC. If we beat Bakersfield State and Missouri State we'll have some people's attention.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Better get ready to pay up if we are going to keep Byington. Have a feeling these next two years are going to be pretty fun.

9. Default Re: TV for basketball game on Friday. Southern vs Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    What’s the deal with Gladden?

Team rules is so generic. Grades? Skipping classes? Team meetings? Talking back to coaches? Multiple drug tests? So much speculation.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"