SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling it......

1. Default Re: Calling it......

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Some of us knew this team was in deep trouble after Auburn.
    After Auburn? We were a bad team last year with Ellison, Upshaw, Brieda, etc. Why on earth would anybody think we would be better or even the same without them?

The Cook hiring got some people's hopes up, but that was just done to save Tyson's job after last season. He was never going fix this.

Default Re: Calling it......

Most people knew we were in deep trouble after SSU last year if you remember correctly.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Most people knew we were in deep trouble after SSU last year if you remember correctly.
    Well, yeah, but I'm talking this season.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

4. Default Re: Calling it......

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    After Auburn? We were a bad team last year with Ellison, Upshaw, Brieda, etc. Why on earth would anybody think we would be better or even the same without them?

The Cook hiring got some people's hopes up, but that was just done to save Tyson's job after last season. He was never going fix this.
    Hind sight is wonderful, but you could not have possibly known that. I do not know of anyone that saw this coming. If you really did, I need some investment advice.

5. Default Re: Calling it......

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Hind sight is wonderful, but you could not have possibly known that. I do not know of anyone that saw this coming. If you really did, I need some investment advice.
    You didn't need to be Miss Cleo to see that we were going to be worse after losing several of our best players and Tyson coming back. I said as much at the end of last year. Something like, "If you think 5-7 is bad, wait until next year without Ellison, Breida, etc"

Now did I think we would go 0-12? No. But there was never much hope we were going to be better than last season. Many people here got hoodwinked with the Cook hire.

I questioned the hire day one, I really knew after 5-7 and tanking in recruiting. The only mistake I made was thinking Cook or anyone in the country could fix our offense in one year. I cant even wrap my head around how bad we are a blocking and how much our DB's have regressed outside of Brinson. We are not good at anything, we are just less worse in some areas.

If we dont land Mike Houston or a Mike Houston / Monken type coach this is going to linger for a long time. We need a drop the hammer type coach stat.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

7. Default Re: Calling it......

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    How is this the “low point” and “there’s no where to go but up from here”? You do realize there are 3 games left right? There’s still a good bit of dirt to dig in this cellar.
    We will start to hear good news soon. Haven’t heard good news in a long time.

Some things about the defense are actually better. We may not win a single game this season, but at least there is a little progress on defense. That is better than the continual worsening we have seen all season.

I was one of the ones that thought that Cook was going to change things here. And even after Auburn I saw some things that had me hopeful, and attributed it to us playing a better opponent. Unfortunately, nothing panned out like I thought it would, and here we are. Pretty much after the Ark state game I was ready for TS to go. Even if the offense had turned around he never would have been more than a mediocre HC. He just didn't have "it".

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post

Now did I think we would go 0-12? No. But there was never much hope we were going to be better than last season. Many people here got hoodwinked with the Cook hire.
    Did you honestly not anticipate that Cook & Co would contribute anything positive at the time?
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

10. Default Re: Calling it......

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Did you honestly not anticipate that Cook & Co would contribute anything positive at the time?
    I really didn't. Mostly because I had no illusions about the flex being used. We were a 5-7 team coming back with worse personnel and the same head coach. The Cook hire was as much to buy Tyson another season as anything else.

I'm not coming down on anyone for hoping. But just looking at it rationally, there was really no reason to expect us to be better than last season.