SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hebert/TK

Default Hebert/TK

Since it is apparent that TK has his nose firmly planted up Hebert's rear and is not going anywhere I wish Hebert would appoint Lisa Sweany to chair a committee to review all aspects of the football program in conjunction with the hiring of a new coach. I fully believe that we need someone who has not been here to take a look at all positions related to football and review their performance. I am talking about looking at everything from ticket sales to game day operations. I think the message needs to be that the current situation is totally unacceptable. Also in reviewing the org chart for the athletic department it is a strange. We have a weird reporting structure in many cases and it looks like we have some jobs that could be eliminated and save money that could be used for the coaching staff. If GS Athletics were a publicly traded company that was taken over by another company I guarantee you that every position would be reviewed and held accountable. After the past two years we need to get rid of all of the dead wood and let folks know things are going to be different going forward.

2. Default Re: Hebert/TK

I admit I know nothing of Lisa Sweany, but it is unlikely that their will be much support in placing someone with her experience (or, lack of) in FOOTBALL operations in charge of an FBS football program. Hopefully, we are done providing on-the-job training and new opportunities for inexperienced candidates.

Default Re: Hebert/TK

Not talk about her taking over football operations. I am talking about someone ( an outside consultant would be great but we don't have the money) take a look at the entire program outside the coach and coaching staff. When you go from winning the conference, winning your first bowl game to 0-13 everything needs to be looked at with non biased eyes. The first place to look would be the football support staff and go from there. I know there is some dead wood in the support staff that needs to be pruned.

She is on the hiring committee. Looks like you're getting your wish.

5. Default Re: Hebert/TK

Clear house on everything

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I admit I know nothing of Lisa Sweany, but it is unlikely that their will be much support in placing someone with her experience (or, lack of) in FOOTBALL operations in charge of an FBS football program. Hopefully, we are done providing on-the-job training and new opportunities for inexperienced candidates.
    I might suggest that during her tenure at Grand Valley State as Asst. AD, she most likely gained some experience with the football program. A championship level program at that.
    [IMG][/IMG]

We fired a coach after 1.5 seasons. Even the big-money NFL factories don't do that often. That right there tells you what you need to know. TK isn't judging our seasons the way you'd judge them at Kent State or Tulane.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Since it is apparent that TK has his nose firmly planted up Hebert's rear and is not going anywhere I wish Hebert would appoint Lisa Sweany to chair a committee to review all aspects of the football program in conjunction with the hiring of a new coach. I fully believe that we need someone who has not been here to take a look at all positions related to football and review their performance. I am talking about looking at everything from ticket sales to game day operations. I think the message needs to be that the current situation is totally unacceptable. Also in reviewing the org chart for the athletic department it is a strange. We have a weird reporting structure in many cases and it looks like we have some jobs that could be eliminated and save money that could be used for the coaching staff. If GS Athletics were a publicly traded company that was taken over by another company I guarantee you that every position would be reviewed and held accountable. After the past two years we need to get rid of all of the dead wood and let folks know things are going to be different going forward.
    I think that is fine to do a scrub and review, but it needs to be done AFTER the coaching search. Those positions have very little if anything to do with the new head coach, which should be the number 1 priority. It also should have nothing to do with on-field performance. Those positions should be reviewed periodically regardless of record.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Hebert/TK

Speaking of scrub and review, just wait til after the lawsuit is settled. I imagine there will be plenty of fireworks.

I have to disagree I think this should take place in conjunction with the coaching hire. Like I said there is dead wood that needs to go and those dollars could be applied to the new coaching staff.