SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hebert/TK

1. Default Re: Hebert/TK

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    I have to disagree I think this should take place in conjunction with the coaching hire. Like I said there is dead wood that needs to go and those dollars could be applied to the new coaching staff.
    There's been plenty of "deadwood" thrown in the fire since the Armstrong merger.

Default Re: Hebert/TK

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    There's been plenty of "deadwood" thrown in the fire since the Armstrong merger.
    Football operations?

Since it is apparent that TK has his nose firmly planted up Hebert's rear and is not going anywhere I wish Hebert would appoint Lisa Sweany to chair a committee to review all aspects of the football program in conjunction with the hiring of a new coach. I fully believe that we need someone who has not been here to take a look at all positions related to football and review their performance. I am talking about looking at everything from ticket sales to game day operations. I think the message needs to be that the current situation is totally unacceptable. Also in reviewing the org chart for the athletic department it is a strange. We have a weird reporting structure in many cases and it looks like we have some jobs that could be eliminated and save money that could be used for the coaching staff. If GS Athletics were a publicly traded company that was taken over by another company I guarantee you that every position would be reviewed and held accountable. After the past two years we need to get rid of all of the dead wood and let folks know things are going to be different going forward.
    It's possible that you have not been involved in a merger or acquisition. Working for my 6th Fortune 500 I have seen plenty from 100 people to 10's of thousands. Seems like in most cases they add more chiefs than Indians. Not sure you realize how hard the athletic staff works and how understaffed they are. Also if you haven't noticed there has been tons of turnover in the athletic staff the past 5 years. More than I saw the previous 15 combined.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It's possible that you have not been involved in a merger or acquisition. Working for my 6th Fortune 500 I have seen plenty from 100 people to 10's of thousands. Seems like in most cases they add more chiefs than Indians. Not sure you realize how hard the athletic staff works and how understaffed they are. Also if you haven't noticed there has been tons of turnover in the athletic staff the past 5 years. More than I saw the previous 15 combined.
    I have been involved in multiple acquisitions in my career. Well aware of how hard MOST of the athletic staff works. I stand by my comment that the reporting structure is strange and that there is dead wood in the football operations area. In the long run it doesn't really matter because Hebert is focussed on Armstrong and TK is not going to institute a review .

I have to disagree I think this should take place in conjunction with the coaching hire. Like I said there is dead wood that needs to go and those dollars could be applied to the new coaching staff.
    How much of this "dead wood" do you really think is out there, and how much do you really think they make? Do you think dropping a couple equipment managers or ticketing staff personnel is going to be the deciding difference in affording a certain coach or not? I think just like everything in the past, we are most likely extremely understaffed and get a lot out of very few people. In my post I meant that they should be held accountable if they are not pulling their weight, not that we should "clean house" for no reason.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

TK is Sweeney's boss.

7. Default Re: Hebert/TK

Well my company recently merged with another company and out of about 100 folks in the corporate office from our side, about 12 are left. The rest? Thanks, but hey, party's over.
    I'm all for a review after the coaching search. I don't think this crowd is capable of patting its head and rubbing its stomach at the same time. Allow them to focus on one major task at a time. I'm petrified as to how badly they could louse up both if they tried doing them simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    Well my company recently merged with another company and out of about 100 folks in the corporate office from our side, about 12 are left. The rest? Thanks, but hey, party's over.
    I'm all for a review after the coaching search. I don't think this crowd is capable of patting its head and rubbing its stomach at the same time. Allow them to focus on one major task at a time. I'm petrified as to how badly they could louse up both if they tried doing them simultaneously.
    I don't see how the people who book hotel rooms for the team or manage the equipment have anything to do with the season. Besides Dwayne Chandler, who would be considered "support staff" who have any real bearing on how the season goes?
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: Hebert/TK

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    How much of this "dead wood" do you really think is out there, and how much do you really think they make? Do you think dropping a couple equipment managers or ticketing staff personnel is going to be the deciding difference in affording a certain coach or not? I think just like everything in the past, we are most likely extremely understaffed and get a lot out of very few people. In my post I meant that they should be held accountable if they are not pulling their weight, not that we should "clean house" for no reason.
    Certainly the AD's office needs to be downsized.

If TS had not gone 5-whatever we’re at now, ticket sales, etc would not be a concern. That one bad hire had far reaching effects, just like the next hire will if it’s the right hire.