SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

I have no idea what this dude is talking about ever but I feel like that's sort of his M.O.

2. Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

[QUOTE=BravesBrownsGS;880793]I have no idea what this dude is talking about ever but I feel like that's sort of his M.O.[/Quote ] You talking about a half or Talon? If half, your correct. If you meanTALON you could learn a flex or two Sonny.

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You talking about a half or Talon? If half, your correct. If you mean TALON you could learn a flex or two Sonny.
    Thanks 200!

I'm a GSU Spread Option fan to the Hambone. I've seen it work GREAT over & over again under the right leadership. I know others like State call it
    a gimmick offence but the facts speak for themselves & a quick look at record debunks there snide comments. Even NDSU praised it in our last meeting and many of them said they considered that game there NC. Even U of F got a taste of it and it gave them a bitter twang in their big gapping mouths.

TALON
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Sorry Half Empty! You were right for calling me out!!!!!!

You're right and I was dead wrong about Tulsa.. Fritz is not at Tulsa, but Tulane where he has gone 4-8, currently 3-6 & Navy beat Tulane both years - not by much I admit. I except the fact that Fritz needs more time before a Tulane judgment can be passed.

Fritz did a great job at GSU while he was here but I still say the PJs spread is the best way to run the *"True Triple Option* if your going to run the triple as your base offense. Once again I feel PJs form of triple option attack is better than the Pistol even though Fritz ran it with great success while he was here.

AGREE OR DISAGREE & why, board members?
    Agree, pistol or gun is a wrinkle, just like unbalanced line, double slots, tempo etc. but the base should be the flex.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

I think we should adopt the short punt offensive strategy. Worked for Princeton way back when why can't it work for us?

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I think we should adopt the short punt offensive strategy. Worked for Princeton way back when why can't it work for us?
    I ran a no punt, onside kick every kick-off in Pop Warner and we did so well with it, the league made us quit the onside kicks. It could work... (It should also be known that I have over five years as a HC, too bad I topped out at Mitey Mite...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

In the interest of stirring up more ****, it's about time to bust this bad boy out again.....

MR reading this thread

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    Agree, pistol or gun is a wrinkle, just like unbalanced line, double slots, tempo etc. but the base should be the flex.
    Yep.

Schalenblende.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!