SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Default Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

The JP Spread Option is not infallible, but it is the ONLY way to truly run the triple option!
    You that want to change have had your chance and the outcome has been proven over & over again.

http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-f...er_ivin00.html

IVAN JASPER

Navy finished the 2016 campaign with a 9-5 mark and a 7-1 record in the American Athletic Conference despite a season that saw the Mids have 102 missed games by starters or key contributors. The Mids played Temple in the AAC Championship Game and played in a bowl game (Armed Forces) for the 13th time in the last 14 years. The nine wins tied for the fifth most wins in school history and the team set school records for points (531), touchdowns (73), touchdowns per game (5.2), rushing touchdowns (61), total offense (6,136 yards) and yards per play (6.8) despite playing four different quarterbacks.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

I doubt Jasper is interested.

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Jasper isnít leaving Navy, his son is near some great medical facilities and Iím sure thatís important to Jasper. And if coach Ken leaves heís got a head job waiting on him.

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

MAYBE but

As I remember Ivan contacted PJ 5 years ago & asked him If he should consider the GSU job if asked & PJ said yes.

GSU decided to go with Fritz & the pistol option.

Maybe Jasper declined or wasn't interested. I don't know.

It was shurly a slap to Ivan's pride.

Still a head coaching position has it's allure.

A spread option Head Coaching position is not in high demand.

PJ is at GT and may retire in the near future (7) years maybe)

Niumatalolo may want that job & Jasper would be the next in line for the NAVY job.

JASPER would probably take it but Niumatalolo isn't going anywhere in the near future.

So what if Jasper was around for 7 years. Maybe as HC he'd stay.

Are your saying we shouldn't offer again???????

I think he would consider if approached and *"sold"* correctly

SAD!

6. Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

FAKE NEWS

So Fritz's option was ineffective?
    [IMG][/IMG]

PIKE51

No, just not as good, consistant, proven or have the long term effectiveness as the Spread Option.

As seen in the ND national Championships & at Tulsa.

Don't mess with PIKE!

TALON!

9. Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Fritz had Monken’s TRiple Option Offensive Line that knew how to block for those running backs..

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    MAYBE but

As I remember Ivan contacted PJ 5 years ago & asked him If he should consider the GSU job if asked & PJ said yes.

GSU decided to go with Fritz & the pistol option.

Maybe Jasper declined or wasn't interested. I don't know.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ball/73200874/
    One day before the school made its decision — eventually choosing Willie Fritz, who led the Eagles to the Sun Belt Conference championship last season — Jasper removed his name from consideration. It wasn’t that he didn’t think he’d get the job; he just didn’t want it.

“I love it here,” Jasper said of Navy, where he’s spent the past 14 seasons as an assistant under Paul Johnson and Ken Niumatalolo. “I just wanted to stay here.”