SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan 76 View Post
    Fritz had Monken’s TRiple Option Offensive Line that knew how to block for those running backs..

When we led the country in rushing in 2015 only 2 of the OL were Monken recruits. So umm......
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Default Re: Humm, The Pistol Option??? - So what say U now? Who should GSU hire?????

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    PIKE51

No, just not as good, consistant, proven or have the long term effectiveness as the Spread Option.

As seen in the ND national Championships & at Tulsa.

Don't mess with PIKE!

TALON!

Forget all the other ridiculous stuff you said....Fritz isn’t at Tulsa.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    When we led the country in rushing in 2015 only 2 of the OL were Monken recruits. So umm......
    How many did we have when we went undefeated in the Sun Belt, won our first FBS conference title, narrowly lost two games against ACC teams (that we should have won), only really getting beat badly by a team executing the Flexbone Spread Option to perfection? (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    How many did we have when we went undefeated in the Sun Belt, won our first FBS conference title, narrowly lost two games against ACC teams (that we should have won), only really getting beat badly by a team executing the Flexbone Spread Option to perfection? (2014)

What’s sad is you actually feel like you proved some kind of point there.

IT Lives! Hello TALON. IT still works. Lol.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

I STAND CORRECTED!
    I'm SAD.

TALON
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Forget all the other ridiculous stuff you said....Fritz isn’t at Tulsa.
    Sorry Half Empty! You were right for calling me out!!!!!!

You're right and I was dead wrong about Tulsa.. Fritz is not at Tulsa, but Tulane where he has gone 4-8, currently 3-6 & Navy beat Tulane both years - not by much I admit. I except the fact that Fritz needs more time before a Tulane judgment can be passed.

Fritz did a great job at GSU while he was here but I still say the PJs spread is the best way to run the *"True Triple Option* if your going to run the triple as your base offense. Once again I feel PJs form of triple option attack is better than the Pistol even though Fritz ran it with great success while he was here.

AGREE OR DISAGREE & why, board members?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ball/73200874/
    One day before the school made its decision — eventually choosing Willie Fritz, who led the Eagles to the Sun Belt Conference championship last season — Jasper removed his name from consideration. It wasn’t that he didn’t think he’d get the job; he just didn’t want it.

“I love it here,” Jasper said of Navy, where he’s spent the past 14 seasons as an assistant under Paul Johnson and Ken Niumatalolo. “I just wanted to stay here.”
    I'm corrected again!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    FAKE NEWS
    “BUZZ- Fake News?” Not fake just was on my wish list. After thinking about it his child comes first and NAVY and the community are supporting Jasper beoned beleaf. If it wast for that I'd still contact him even if it was futile..

What’s sad is you actually feel like you proved some kind of point there.
    And you've proved what over the years?