SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rabid Fanbase

Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Oh no, someone said mean things to your friend during a rivalry game? That seals it, we have the worst fans ever. We should just cancel football.

For reference, this is what Miami fans did to Notre Dame fans last weekend (they aren't even rivals):
    Again just so I am clear-

You equate two fans getting "into it" (with no context mind you) the same as a FAN trying to run onto the field and assault an employee of the school in the middle of doing his job?

Like for real?

And yeah, Miami fans are trash. So lets not act like their level of fandom is a bar we need to strive toward.

Who wears basketball jerseys to football games? U Fans.
    Last edited by tapate50; 13th November 2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

2. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Again just so I am clear-

You equate two fans getting "into it" (with no context mind you) the same as a FAN trying to run onto the field and assault an employee of the school in the middle of doing his job?

Like for real?
    I can guarantee that if SEC schools had a 1/10th of their usual security like us and easy on field access like we do, it would happen a lot there. And spitting at someone does not equal assault. Like for real.

I can guarantee that if SEC schools had a 1/10th of their usual security like us and easy on field access like we do, it would happen a lot there. And spitting at someone does not equal assault. Like for real.
    US 9th District Court of Appeals upheld an assault conviction for a man spitting on another man from a 2004 case.

So yes, there's legal precedent.

“Intentionally spitting on another person is an offensive touching that rises to the level of simple assault,” the three-judge panel wrote.
    The only response to this whole fiasco should be to condemn his behavior and for all of us to agree we need to police our own. I don't care how other fanbases act, cause they aren't us.

For real?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+spitting+on+someone+assault

So the only reason our fan went onto the field is a lack of security? So he didn't think he would get caught?
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    After what I have dealt with in the hell holes that are Athens and Boone, I will call them out all I want to. Those are two nasty fan bases.
    Yea my last trip to Athens I had a grown woman jump out of the bushes and bark at me, when I told her to sit and stay, she went nutz and cussed me as we continued to walk and she followed us, I asked her husband if she had ever caught a car she chased and he was amused, her not so much. He finally had to stop her, when the cops started watching. I guess she'd followed us all the way to the gate.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    For real?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+spitting+on+someone+assault

So the only reason our fan went onto the field is a lack of security? So he didn't think he would get caught?
    Are you saying getting spit on is the same thing as being punched in the face where you can be knocked out, suffer brain damage or die? Like for real?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Are you saying getting spit on is the same thing as being punched in the face where you can be knocked out, suffer brain damage or die? Like for real?
    Legal definitions are important.

I was on jury duty for a Peeping Tom case and had to calm down everyone during deliberation because they went insane about the fact the guy allegedly saw the family's daughter in the window. It doesn't matter who or what he allegedly saw, the act itself is the crime.

What you're talking about is going to be the difference between simple and aggravated assault.

As I stated above, a US Appeals Court upheld an assault conviction from someone spitting on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Legal definitions are important.

I was on jury duty for a Peeping Tom case and had to calm down everyone during deliberation because they went insane about the fact the guy allegedly saw the family's daughter in the window. It doesn't matter who or what he allegedly saw, the act itself is the crime.

What you're talking about is going to be the difference between simple and aggravated assault.

As I stated above, a US Appeals Court upheld an assault conviction from someone spitting on someone.
    Ok so dont use common sense, cewl.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Ok so dont use common sense, cewl.
    How about someone should know better than to do what the guy did?

THAT is common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    How about someone should know better than to do what the guy did?

THAT is common sense.
    Duh....but saying spitting and punching someone is even in the same universe is asinine regardless of the situation.

you missed JDC's point.