SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabid Fanbase

Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    clearly you've not been to Athens or Fla or auburn to name a few. anywhere you allow alcohol and drunks those things happen and we are no different and won't be different.
    Speaking of Alcohol, did anyone else hear during the Miami game last night that the FIU @ FAU game next week features all you can drink beer as part of your entry ticket and that the game tickets were only $20??
    [IMG][/IMG]

Fights between fans /= trying to assault on field personnel

IMO
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

3. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    clearly you've not been to Athens or Fla or auburn to name a few. anywhere you allow alcohol and drunks those things happen and we are no different and won't be different.
    I have been to games in all of those places. All I can tell you is what I have experienced first hand and my experience has been that we are in no position to be calling out another team's fans about their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by gritzblitz56 View Post
    I have been to games in all of those places. All I can tell you is what I have experienced first hand and my experience has been that we are in no position to be calling out another team's fans about their behavior.
    After what I have dealt with in the hell holes that are Athens and Boone, I will call them out all I want to. Those are two nasty fan bases.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    After what I have dealt with in the hell holes that are Athens and Boone, I will call them out all I want to. Those are two nasty fan bases.
    And after seeing what I have with my own eyes in Statesboro, I can say that we aren't any better.

6. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Speaking of Alcohol, did anyone else hear during the Miami game last night that the FIU @ FAU game next week features all you can drink beer as part of your entry ticket and that the game tickets were only $20??
    Hope they have a lot of bouncers on hand for that. Seems like a terrible idea, must have a lot of stale beer they need to get rid of and maybe train some new police officers in handling drunk and disorderly citizens 😂

I've witnessed fans throwing things at an older couples car after a game in the Paulson parking lot because they were Furman fans. This was back around 2005-2007ish if memory serves. That was embarrassing to witness. We may not be the WORST fan base, but we have more than our fair share of bad apples.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Why would Deen wait a week to write this column? This incident has been widely known for a week. Oh wait...I forgot IMO Deen is a "Richard" trying to make a name for himself so he can get a job covering his gators. He likes to write and emphasize anything negative with Southern. ..he seems to relish it...or so it seems from here inGwinnett..can't imagine how our Savanah alumni stomach him.
    He inhales vigorously!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    Statesboro-based lawyer arrested after altercation with GS defensive coordinator Zo
    http://savannahnow.com/blog/nathan-d...g-gs-defensive
    He won"t really miss anything with a one year ban, more of the same in 2018!

most of our fanbase are used to wofford and furman games. we have no where close to the worst fans. go to any sec stadium not named vanderbilt and you will see worse fans. we have 20k at a game. a few will act like knuckleheads. doesnt mean we are all knuckleheads.