SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rabid Fanbase

1. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Yes and No.

The guy posts here. When he has posted, he's pretty much been rebuked across the board (no pun intended).

We definitely don't operate from a moral high ground when talking about other programs and their fans, but we do at least an average job of policing our own and addressing what I would term 'rogue' behavior.

The behavior of other fan bases is a mutually exclusive event. I've been to quite a number of road trips and have experienced the full gamut of treatment (great to awful) and am always pleasantly surprised when I have a GREAT experience.

If the worst behavior you've ever seen is at Paulson, that has been your experience ... and it is regrettable. That hasn't been mine, but neither mine nor your opinion discounts bad behavior in any case.

The adage one bad apple always applies, and I don't fault Deen for writing about this. It is news for our program. This typically doesn't happen, despite the venue. It happened because of access and lack of security ... something that doesn't happen at the bigger levels because getting on the field where the coaches are, is usually a significant hurdle ... even when you are credentialed.
    Glad you said it first. I couldn't have written it nearly as well as you.

Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

The guy should've spent his money on airplane banners like the fan at UCLA. Might've not had any left over for alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Come on, really? No reason for this post.
    Yes it is so we can root out the morons so the other morons cant use anecdotal incidents to label our whole fan base as the "worst".

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    clearly you've not been to Athens or Fla or auburn to name a few. anywhere you allow alcohol and drunks those things happen and we are no different and won't be different.
    Exactly some of you need to get out more, in the three thUGA games I have been to I could not walk through the parking lot without having multiple insults thrown our groups way, having the unwashed third grade graduate uga fans in the nose bleeds run their mouths more than any App or Furman game I went to, saw another uga fan get his *** kicked talking crap to a AU fan. Go on youtube and search college fans fighting it is littered with SEC and P5 nonsense. I have never seen on fight in our stands or on an away game. I have seen some drunk morons but every single time they were policed up by their own group or other Eagle fans. Are we on a moral high ground absolutely not but we are no worse than any winning program in the South where winning actually matters. This self loathing is about as asinine as it gets. I mean there are fans of other teams literally poisoning 100+ year old trees yet we are the bad ones...STFU

you missed JDC's point.

Not trying to pile on, but some of the worst fan incidents I have seen were by our fans. I go to a lot of away games, and still our fans tend to be the top of my list for bad behavior.

I constantly remind myself to thank visiting fans for coming to Paulsen. I do this because I have always been impressed when its done to me at an away school.

I have sat on the Home side in Boone. Was treated amazingly.

My App State friend sat with my on our home side, and was cat called the entire game.

I know every fan base has its bad apples, but the older I get the more I know I have to set a good example. We need visiting fans at Paulsen. I want people to get excited about playing us.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

6. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    Not trying to pile on, but some of the worst fan incidents I have seen were by our fans. I go to a lot of away games, and still our fans tend to be the top of my list for bad behavior.

I constantly remind myself to thank visiting fans for coming to Paulsen. I do this because I have always been impressed when its done to me at an away school.

I have sat on the Home side in Boone. Was treated amazingly.

My App State friend sat with my on our home side, and was cat called the entire game.

I know every fan base has its bad apples, but the older I get the more I know I have to set a good example. We need visiting fans at Paulsen. I want people to get excited about playing us.
    Oh no, someone said mean things to your friend during a rivalry game? That seals it, we have the worst fans ever. We should just cancel football.

For reference, this is what Miami fans did to Notre Dame fans last weekend (they aren't even rivals):

7. Default Re: Rabid Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Oh no, someone said mean things to your friend during a rivalry game?

For reference, this is what Miami fans did to Notre Dame fans last weekend (they aren't even rivals):
    I've never seen anything like this happen inside Paulson or at any away game we went to. The worst I've seen is students yelling racist slurs at visiting cheerleaders and while that is inexcusable, it's not on this level.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Oh no, someone said mean things to your friend during a rivalry game? That seals it, we have the worst fans ever. We should just cancel football.
    Shaking my head. I guess you find those actions acceptable. I don't. I don't think its acceptable for any person to feel threatened or unsafe at a college football game.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

Shaking my head. I guess you find those actions acceptable. I don't. I don't think its acceptable for any person to feel threatened or unsafe at a college football game.
    I always go out of my way to say hi and welcome opposing fans to Paulson. Dorks are Dorks no matter if their UGA or GS fans. Dork behavior isn't acceptable nor should it be tolerable, get the tasers out boys!

Putting words in someone's mouth does not make your argument more valid. Nobody has ever said or inferred any type of bad fan behavior is acceptable, just blasting your own fan base as the "worst" is assinine when you can literally go on youtube and see the most insane fan behavior never witnessed at Paulson and or an away GS game. It is assinine and strawman arguments are the worse thing on message boards ever.

you missed JDC's point.