SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: BASEBALL 2018

1. Default BASEBALL 2018

So we were down for the end of fall practice world series games. I was pretty impressed with the team I saw. A lot of speed, hitting and great defense, pitching was solid and a lot of depth all around with several very good new players. I think this will be a good year and a fun team to watch, thoughts?

Default Re: BASEBALL 2018

From what I saw, lots of depth, good pitching and defense. Kids working together with good attitudes. While the season is long, the kids need the attitude that EVERY game is important. While I know that it is difficult to maintain that focus and "fire/GATA", in this day and age of D1 baseball with the difficulty in getting a bid to playoffs(unless you pretty much win your tournament) ie, getting more and more difficult for a "mid-major" to get an at large bid(thanks NCAA and your bent over backwards actions to uplift the almighty P5's). The kids will need to play with a chip on their shoulders. Their not just battling SB/OOC teams, their also "battling" the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Plate Protector View Post
    So we were down for the end of fall practice world series games. I was pretty impressed with the team I saw. A lot of speed, hitting and great defense, pitching was solid and a lot of depth all around with several very good new players. I think this will be a good year and a fun team to watch, thoughts?
    Almost forgot to tell you, when you talk to your boy next let him know, Relax in the box. He looked to me that he was tight up at the plate, maybe trying to hard. Relax the big muscles untill time to set in stance, then let it flow smoothly and naturally BAM!! Tell him Garns said, he hasn't forgot how to hit, relax, see it, hit it(hard). (Smile)

4. Default Re: BASEBALL 2018

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Almost forgot to tell you, when you talk to your boy next let him know, Relax in the box. He looked to me that he was tight up at the plate, maybe trying to hard. Relax the big muscles untill time to set in stance, then let it flow smoothly and naturally BAM!! Tell him Garns said, he hasn't forgot how to hit, relax, see it, hit it(hard). (Smile)
    Thanks Garns, I will tell him for sure.

Can the pitchers from Georgia and South Carolina play this year? Will they help ?

Quote Originally Posted by EJ6351 View Post
    Can the pitchers from Georgia and South Carolina play this year? Will they help ?
    Im not sure but I think they can. We need a midweek stud and a couple of closers to finish the deal. EVERY game is BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    From what I saw, lots of depth, good pitching and defense. Kids working together with good attitudes. While the season is long, the kids need the attitude that EVERY game is important. While I know that it is difficult to maintain that focus and "fire/GATA", in this day and age of D1 baseball with the difficulty in getting a bid to playoffs(unless you pretty much win your tournament) ie, getting more and more difficult for a "mid-major" to get an at large bid(thanks NCAA and your bent over backwards actions to uplift the almighty P5's). The kids will need to play with a chip on their shoulders. Their not just battling SB/OOC teams, their also "battling" the NCAA.
    +1

8. Default Re: BASEBALL 2018

Who will be hitting out of the 4 and 5 spots this year?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Who will be hitting out of the 4 and 5 spots this year?
    Lots of choices, Martin comes to mind, Luke a possibility, heck, Shuman can go yard. We got a number of kids BUT let's not get carried away regarding consistent 18-20 HR kids, we don't have no Victor Roach on the roster. We have some kids that can hit a few HR's but no real consistent home run hitters. Got a number of double hitters and kids that can hit the ball hard.