SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Good article on the TO (Army)

  1. Default Good article on the TO (Army)

    Thought this was a good read. Good breakdown of the option. Mentions our Florida game. Brent Davis's understanding is very in depth. He's done very well. I come from a military family - what a special season they are having!

    Washington Post article

  2. #2

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Great blurb on him using analytics... 3rd and 7? Why force yourself into doing something you aren’t good at? Chances are better with two runs most likely and it’s probably not close
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,159

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Great blurb on him using analytics... 3rd and 7? Why force yourself into doing something you aren’t good at? Chances are better with two runs most likely and it’s probably not close
    Well and averaging ~6 YPP on the ground makes that pretty simple too.

    I also think they've had the highest percentage of 3rd and 1/2 of any teams this season.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

    University of South Alabama

    November 18, 2017 - 3PM EST (ESPN3)


  4. #4

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Thought this was a good read. Good breakdown of the option. Mentions our Florida game. Brent Davis's understanding is very in depth. He's done very well. I come from a military family - what a special season they are having!

    Washington Post article


    Nice Read!

    "Army football, in its fourth season under Coach Jeff Monken, is authoring a renaissance season — its best campaign, by any reasonable measure, since 1996. Two years ago, Army finished 2-10. This week, the 7-2 Black Knights received votes in both the Associated Press poll and the coaches’ poll. They have already accepted an invitation to the Armed Forces Bowl, their second consecutive bowl appearance."
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    24,720

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Nice Read!

    "Army football, in its fourth season under Coach Jeff Monken, is authoring a renaissance season — its best campaign, by any reasonable measure, since 1996. Two years ago, Army finished 2-10. This week, the 7-2 Black Knights received votes in both the Associated Press poll and the coaches’ poll. They have already accepted an invitation to the Armed Forces Bowl, their second consecutive bowl appearance."
    build the bronze baby!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    build the bronze baby!
    Bronze Baby?

    At GSU, we only build in a secret titanium based amalgam covered in gold or we used to.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  7. #7

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,387

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.
    I would take Army's 2017 successes over our 2017 performance to date. Any day of the week.

    With the proper coaching and leadership behind our 2017 team, I have no doubt we would have equaled or surpassed Army's successes.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.
    I was waiting for someone to bring the Schedule up. Please understand that Army has been bad for decades. I know there schedule is week but it has been. What Munken & staff has done is turn the program around. Will they ever match NAVY? I doubt it. They are what they are, but its better to be a winner than a loser and the Army fans are happy with that. Of the 3 service acadamys Army has had the worst of it and hasnt been compeditive since 1996, or so I've read.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  10. #10

    Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.
    Casting shade on Army while we have zero wins. They beat a P-5 team while we lost to an FCS school. We are in no shape to criticize any facet of their program lol

Similar Threads

  1. Good article on concussion
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th December 2014, 10:35 AM
  2. Good Article
    By TrueBlue7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st December 2013, 06:16 PM
  3. Good Article out there
    By Eagle_ikon in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19th November 2011, 10:08 PM
  4. Good article on Brown
    By JGEagle7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25th August 2010, 07:45 PM
  5. SMN Article with some Good Info
    By half-n-half in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd September 2008, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •