SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good article on the TO (Army)

1. Default Good article on the TO (Army)

Thought this was a good read. Good breakdown of the option. Mentions our Florida game. Brent Davis's understanding is very in depth. He's done very well. I come from a military family - what a special season they are having!

Washington Post article

Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

Great blurb on him using analytics... 3rd and 7? Why force yourself into doing something you aren’t good at? Chances are better with two runs most likely and it’s probably not close
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Great blurb on him using analytics... 3rd and 7? Why force yourself into doing something you aren’t good at? Chances are better with two runs most likely and it’s probably not close
    Well and averaging ~6 YPP on the ground makes that pretty simple too.

I also think they've had the highest percentage of 3rd and 1/2 of any teams this season.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

University of South Alabama

November 18, 2017 - 3PM EST (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Thought this was a good read. Good breakdown of the option. Mentions our Florida game. Brent Davis's understanding is very in depth. He's done very well. I come from a military family - what a special season they are having!

Washington Post article

Nice Read!

"Army football, in its fourth season under Coach Jeff Monken, is authoring a renaissance season — its best campaign, by any reasonable measure, since 1996. Two years ago, Army finished 2-10. This week, the 7-2 Black Knights received votes in both the Associated Press poll and the coaches’ poll. They have already accepted an invitation to the Armed Forces Bowl, their second consecutive bowl appearance."
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Nice Read!

"Army football, in its fourth season under Coach Jeff Monken, is authoring a renaissance season — its best campaign, by any reasonable measure, since 1996. Two years ago, Army finished 2-10. This week, the 7-2 Black Knights received votes in both the Associated Press poll and the coaches’ poll. They have already accepted an invitation to the Armed Forces Bowl, their second consecutive bowl appearance."
    build the bronze baby!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    build the bronze baby!
    Bronze Baby?

At GSU, we only build in a secret titanium based amalgam covered in gold or we used to.

I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.
    I would take Army's 2017 successes over our 2017 performance to date. Any day of the week.

With the proper coaching and leadership behind our 2017 team, I have no doubt we would have equaled or surpassed Army's successes.

I was waiting for someone to bring the Schedule up. Please understand that Army has been bad for decades. I know there schedule is week but it has been. What Munken & staff has done is turn the program around. Will they ever match NAVY? I doubt it. They are what they are, but its better to be a winner than a loser and the Army fans are happy with that. Of the 3 service acadamys Army has had the worst of it and hasnt been compeditive since 1996, or so I've read.

Casting shade on Army while we have zero wins. They beat a P-5 team while we lost to an FCS school. We are in no shape to criticize any facet of their program lol