SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good article on the TO (Army)

Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Casting shade on Army while we have zero wins. They beat a P-5 team while we lost to an FCS school. We are in no shape to criticize any facet of their program lol
    Even if they didn't beat a P5 Monken has done a great job.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Casting shade on Army while we have zero wins. They beat a P-5 team while we lost to an FCS school. We are in no shape to criticize any facet of their program lol
    Please reread my post. It was not meant to cast shade nor was it meant to denigrate the job that Monken and staff have done in turning around the program. We have seen first hand that Monken can reinvigorate a program, but he has arranged his Army schedule so that it is not a major impediment to Army's progress (that's a compliment as well). All I did was examine the context of their record.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Please reread my post. It was not meant to cast shade nor was it meant to denigrate the job that Monken and staff have done in turning around the program. We have seen first hand that Monken can reinvigorate a program, but he has arranged his Army schedule so that it is not a major impediment to Army's progress (that's a compliment as well). All I did was examine the context of their record.
    Army, Navy, GT would all be successful with a Sun Belt schedule, and we don't have some of the recruiting restrictions that Army does. I'd say pretty successful, if it is such an anomaly why didn't someone do it before?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    I would take Army's 2017 successes over our 2017 performance to date. Any day of the week.

With the proper coaching and leadership behind our 2017 team, I have no doubt we would have equaled or surpassed Army's successes.
    Regardless of the specific option based offense being used.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

What this article says to me is that there is more than just X's and O's to a winning football program. Some coaches have it some don't.

Providing context that does not fit the flexboner narrative is not throwing shade. He provided straight facts. Facts dont care about opinions.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Providing context that does not fit the flexboner narrative is not throwing shade. He provided straight facts. Facts dont care about opinions.
    Not a flexboner. The article was about the success that Army football has enjoyed. The post on here was about how their wins were over lesser competition. That very well may be interpreted as context to some but I interpreted it as trying to bring down another’s success.

Long story short: Army has had a great season, is bowl eligible and went undefeated at home. We are winless and that leads to many becoming bitter.

Why does everyone think that Davis is a "flexbone purist?" He's nothing of the sort.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

9. Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Why does everyone think that Davis is a "flexbone purist?" He's nothing of the sort.
    Yeah, pretty easy to tell who has watched an Army game this year and who hasn't.

Here's their game against Air Force condensed down to 38 minutes. Everyone should watch this.

December 20, 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    This is a disaster hire and everyone knows it except our AD. This just set GS football back a solid 10 years. Welcome to the beginning of GS football FBS mediocrity.

Can we just go ahead and Fire the guy after the disastrous 2016 we're sure to have? Why draw this bull**** out?

10. Default Re: Good article on the TO (Army)

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I have no wish to denigrate Army's success, and I acknowledge that Army has, like the other service academies, its own set of circumstances, but I do want us to examine the factors that have led to Army's success this year. They have lost to Ohio State--as have many other schools--and Tulane (4-6). They have beaten Duke a P-5 school with a 4-6 record and Temple a school with a 5-5 record. I would be proud if Georgia Southern had beaten either of these schools. They have beaten an FCS school (3-7) from the low scholarship Patriot conference, and 5 other FBS schools. Including Temple and Duke who have 9 wins between them, their total record shows wins over G-5 FBS schools with a total record of 21-49. So aside from Duke and Temple, their opponents have a record of 12-38. They include a 1-9 school and an 0-10 school. Army is doing great for...Army.
    Yeah, your handle is half right anyhow.
    Examine these circumstances:
    1. Army would kick Georgia Southern's *** halfway to China and back.
    2. Army would destroy the Sunbelt, which doesn't even belong in IA and wouldn't be there had IA not got so damn watered down with programs that are really nothing more than glorified IAA programs whose fanbases suffer from delusions of grandeur.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh