SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Default Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

There is no reason not to. Why continue the failed practices of the last two years? If Lunsford or Cook has ever dreamed of some way-out scheme, or play, or sequence... now is the time to try it, because there is nothing to lose, and any successes will be brilliantly highlighted against the failures of this season and the last.

2. Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Combo of Hail Mary’s and flea flickers every other play.

3. Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    Combo of Hail Mary’s and flea flickers every other play.
    No just pure FLEX. Practice it and preach for next year. Lunsford will more than likely be retained.

Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

No team has ever won a football game without the Flex. It is the only good offense. I like it more than I like my mom and my school.

I’ve always heard college was the best place to experiment, why not the coaches too?
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I’ve always heard college was the best place to experiment, why not the coaches too?
    Risk. But in this case there is little risk.

7. Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    There is no reason not to. Why continue the failed practices of the last two years? If Lunsford or Cook has ever dreamed of some way-out scheme, or play, or sequence... now is the time to try it, because there is nothing to lose, and any successes will be brilliantly highlighted against the failures of this season and the last.
    IMO the coaching staff is not viewing this season the same way you are... they likey want to be employed next year, so I would not anticipate a lot of experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO the coaching staff is not viewing this season the same way you are... they likey want to be employed next year, so I would not anticipate a lot of experimenting.
    I believe that "more of the same" is their ticket to being NOT asked to come back, and yes, that was part of the premise. I don't see any way that continuing this year's patterns for two more games will help them be employed next year. If, however, the team was to show promise of something new and improved, then maybe.

9. Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Navy ga tech army all combined into one

10. Default Re: Interim Staff Should Feel Free to Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I believe that "more of the same" is their ticket to being NOT asked to come back, and yes, that was part of the premise. I don't see any way that continuing this year's patterns for two more games will help them be employed next year. If, however, the team was to show promise of something new and improved, then maybe.
    I just think that the remainder of the season is an extended job interview for this staff (be it for a job at GS or another program). IMO a interview is not the place for experimenting, I could be wrong, but I think their actions will be aligned with that notion, as well.