SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    It is 45 minutes from the airport. Do you call the area around Mall of Georgia the middle of no where because it is at least 45 minutes away.
    Flying from California to Georgia is difficult. 3 hour time difference. Plus a layover and then a 45 min bus ride. I love the Savannah airport, but it is not the most time friendly when flying from the west coast.

Great win last night!
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

The travel distance is not in question. It is the derogatory way the guy was quoted. Nothing wrong with saying it is a long way to travel, but our guys will be doing the same.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Good game from Coye last night. As I said earlier in this thread, if Glenn proves to be the man but shows any inconsistency. I'm confident Coye can come in provide solid minutes for this team. We knew coming in that our post game would have to improve for this team to reach that next level. It may be coming to fruition with this group.

The travel distance is not in question. It is the derogatory way the guy was quoted. Nothing wrong with saying it is a long way to travel, but our guys will be doing the same.
    and it's still going to be a hard place for our team to get to, and I'm pretty sure we didn't want to schedule them either, but got into a place where we had to. The guy was being honest. Nothing derogatory about it. It's the truth.

5. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    and it's still going to be a hard place for our team to get to, and I'm pretty sure we didn't want to schedule them either, but got into a place where we had to. The guy was being honest. Nothing derogatory about it. It's the truth.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    I feel he was rude, but what else can you expect from a GaSt guy?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I feel he was rude, but what else can you expect from a GaSt guy?
    i brought this up with one of our coaches, he said they talked with the Cal Baker coach and it was taken out of context, he wasn't knocking Statesboro/GS, just a long trip and some of the same frustration we experience in trying to schedule home games. A lot of teams don't want to play them either at their home gym.

Quote Originally Posted by AEKDB/Eagle View Post
    Flying from California to Georgia is difficult. 3 hour time difference. Plus a layover and then a 45 min bus ride. I love the Savannah airport, but it is not the most time friendly when flying from the west coast.

Great win last night!
    Never had ANY issue with Savannah Airport. Flown to west coast and back about 6 times in the last 5 years. Easy in and out and no traffic crap to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i brought this up with one of our coaches, he said they talked with the Cal Baker coach and it was taken out of context, he wasn't knocking Statesboro/GS, just a long trip and some of the same frustration we experience in trying to schedule home games. A lot of teams don't want to play them either at their home gym.
    I'm just trying to figure out how Monken would have spun this in the locker room.

It would have been hilarious I'm sure.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

University of South Alabama

November 18, 2017 - 3PM EST (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Never had ANY issue with Savannah Airport. Flown to west coast and back about 6 times in the last 5 years. Easy in and out and no traffic crap to deal with.
    I get it and also don't think it's THAT grueling of a trip. But I'm sure both teams would rather not have to make that sort of trip for an early season OOC matchup just because they couldn't get any other teams for a home game.