SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    I get it and also don't think it's THAT grueling of a trip. But I'm sure both teams would rather not have to make that sort of trip for an early season OOC matchup just because they couldn't get any other teams for a home game.
    Oh I agree, it's a long tiring trip, no doubt, and I'm sure neither team looks forward to it. I was just saying I never had any "time" issues getting in and out of Savannah as AEKDB/Eagle alluded to. It's the easiest airport to get in and out of IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

The guy was looking for a home game and the only way he could get one was to fly across the country in return. I don’t know any coach that would be happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i brought this up with one of our coaches, he said they talked with the Cal Baker coach and it was taken out of context, he wasn't knocking Statesboro/GS, just a long trip and some of the same frustration we experience in trying to schedule home games. A lot of teams don't want to play them either at their home gym.
    +1 They couldn't find a quality team to come to their place (same problems we have) so he reached out to us about coming out there, we told them we need a home game also and we would only do the return game if the game during our x-mas break because of the time and travel. (coaches didn't want the kids to miss that much class)

Anyone that has traveled from the Savannah area to the west coast and back knows how hard it is. Then factor in its a group of 20-25 people. Any coach would rather hop on a bus for a 1 - 2 hour drive, play a game and ride back home that night, compared to flying across the county, riding a bus for 1-2 hours, getting your tail kicked, and then having to repeat the process. It was a 3-4 day trip for those guys.

As it will be for our team, but I doubt we see Coach Byington putting down their town, where ever it is.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

They’ll just bitter it’s fine..let’s keep it rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    As it will be for our team, but I doubt we see Coach Byington putting down their town, where ever it is.
    Read the quote.......He said didn't want to come to Georgia and that Statesboro was hard to get to. I don't see where that is putting down our town. For a team coming from Cal. that's a true statement.

The guy was looking for a home game and the only way he could get one was to fly across the country in return. I don’t know any coach that would be happy about that.
    Just as we're probably not thrilled about making trips to California, Virginia, Atlanta, and Tennessee in the stretch of 10 days.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 14th November 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Everyone with little man syndrome who read the cherry picked comment from their coach should read the entire article that was linked. Here it is again.
    http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/wh...679d64f79.html

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Everyone with little man syndrome who read the cherry picked comment from their coach should read the entire article that was linked. Here it is again.
    http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/wh...679d64f79.html
    You fail to realize that we have to have SOMETHING to ***** about.
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Even though we know the answer to your first question, it isn’t difficult to project the hoops program as a potential “mid-major” power. The state of Georgia has become a real hot bed of talent. We’ve always had a modicum if talented players but it’s increased tremendously over the last 20+ years.

Not too dissimilar to Football, we should be able to attract and funnel a steady pipeline of solid hoopsters to the ‘Boro. I can’t think of a reason why not. Even though Hanner is still an intimidating place, when full, it wouldn’t hurt us to have a state of the art hoops arena with all the bells and whistles that would draw additional attention to prospects and their families.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I know this comment probably isn't serious, but I'll comment on it anyways.

The football program isn't going to turn into Rice or North Texas because of a couple of bad seasons, and basketball isn't going to become Gonzaga or Creighton because of a couple of good seasons. Programs are much more inert to good individual seasons than people realize.

IMO, don't sweat the struggles in football and cherish the good basketball seasons, because this could be a once-in-a-generation run for basketball.
    I wasn't serious at all, I was just joking. Football winless, basketball 2 pretty big wins and undefeated...