SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

1. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechamp View Post
    Former GA State coach and current CSB coach Rod Barnes:

“I didn’t want to go to Georgia,” CSUB head coach Rod Barnes said. “I mean crap, do you know how hard it is to get to Statesboro, Georgia? I don’t want to go there. But we got to fill the schedule and we needed a home game. That was the only way we could get it.”

https://tinyurl.com/y94pocch
    I suppose I get where Barnes is coming from but Statesboro is no harder to get to than Auburn, Starkville, Fayetteville, or, dare I say, Oxford. He's got plenty of experience with those places.

2. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    How is it remotely hard to get to? You can fly into Savannah, Macon or Augusta and be pretty close. Then it is 15 minutes from a major Interstate.
    It is unlikely that they could get a direct flight into those airports from CA, so they will have a least one layover before they land and start a 1-2hr drive just to get to that 15 minute drive from the major Interstate. All of which probably starts with a 2hr drive, or regional flight, to LAX. It will not be easy for them, or for us on the return trip.

3. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    It is unlikely that they could get a direct flight into those airports from CA, so they will have a least one layover before they land and start a 1-2hr drive just to get to that 15 minute drive from the major Interstate. All of which probably starts with a 2hr drive, or regional flight, to LAX. It will not be easy for them, or for us on the return trip.
    Nope. This makes too much sense.

Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    How is it remotely hard to get to? You can fly into Savannah, Macon or Augusta and be pretty close. Then it is 15 minutes from a major Interstate.
    Because most other places people want to schedule given a choice when you land you are there in 15 minutes versus 15 minutes to the closest interstate. On top of the flight nightmare of trying to schedule flying into Augusta, Sav or Macon versus a major airport direct.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Well let's check this guy out.

Hang on, enhance:

ENHANCE

It all makes so much sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    i don’t understand where that notion comes from. It takes about the same amount of time to get to Georgia State from the Atlanta airport that it does to get to Georgia Southern from the Savannah airport when you take Atlanta traffic into account. It’s not like Statesboro is remote. We have the same amount of people living within 50 Miles is Statesboro that Bakersfield, California does according to the US census. Makes no sense to me.
    That's the way coaches think......Statesboro is in the middle of no where and not easy to get to. (fly in and then a long bus ride) Also they say that their nothing to do once you get their. I'm not saying I agree with them. I have talked to a few of them at show case events and that's the story I get.

7. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

I know I have already pointed this out, but (as I watch the ladies game) I felt the need to point out that the update to the court looks SO good... and, to my surprise, no volleyball lines on the floor. A much better look for TV this year!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglechamp View Post
    Former GA State coach and current CSB coach Rod Barnes:

“I didn’t want to go to Georgia,” CSUB head coach Rod Barnes said. “I mean crap, do you know how hard it is to get to Statesboro, Georgia? I don’t want to go there. But we got to fill the schedule and we needed a home game. That was the only way we could get it.”

https://tinyurl.com/y94pocch
    How much did TK pay him to say that to get some of the heat off of him for scheduling?

*sarcasm*
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: Cal State in Hanner Tonight - Score And Attendance Predictions

Halfway through the first half: CSUB has only scored twice. We’re playing very well but definitely some stuff to work on.

The court looks amazing on tv and True Blue TV is surprisingly high quality. I prefer this to ESPN3 definitely.

Playing energized on defense and staying alive on offense. I’d love to see us run them out of the gym. Only complaint: FREE THROWS