SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama Score/Attendance Prediction

Default Re: South Alabama Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    What's rare about South Alabama is that they are a team Tyson dominated last year. We also left some quality points on the field... it should have at least been 34-9 Eagles in Mobile. Their defensive coordinator Kane Wommack and his "Swarm D" really want to beat us. They are 4-6 after coming off a huge upset win against Arkansas State to knock them out of the sole holders of first place in the Sun Belt. But USA is shaky...they'll beat someone big and then fall to someone weird. Georgia State managed to beat them this year.

With that said.... if we show up, play Kado at QB and run much more under center... (please experiment, we have nothing to lose now)

Eagles: 27
    Jaguars: 21

If we play Werts at QB and run the same offense we tried to run all game against App State...

Jaguars: 24
    Eagles: 10

12k or worse attendance since it starts Thanksgiving weekend and people will be leaving, students have lost all interest in the team, and we are winless.
    Largely agree. Like last week,

South Alabama, 20
    Georgia Southern ___
    - 24 if we run under center 50% or more
    - 13 if we run under center 25%
    - 6 if we run under center 10% or less

Which translates to playing more alternates at key offensive positions.

I would guess 7K attendance.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

30-17 bad guys 8K in attendance
    Tracy Ham is the best college QB I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    Largely agree. Like last week,

South Alabama, 20
    Georgia Southern ___
    - 24 if we run under center 50% or more
    - 13 if we run under center 25%
    - 6 if we run under center 10% or less

Which translates to playing more alternates at key offensive positions.

I would guess 7K attendance.
    I love how going under center increases our chances to win the game. By all indications, we "know" or "have perfected" (and I use those loosely) 2 under center plays, maybe 3, and App had them pretty well sniffed out about midway thru the first half. I'm thinking an entire game of running those plays without anything else mixed in would lead to even more 3 and outs than usual. But hey that's just my opinion
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

4. Default Re: South Alabama Score/Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I love how going under center increases our chances to win the game. By all indications, we "know" or "have perfected" (and I use those loosely) 2 under center plays, maybe 3, and App had them pretty well sniffed out about midway thru the first half. I'm thinking an entire game of running those plays without anything else mixed in would lead to even more 3 and outs than usual. But hey that's just my opinion
    +1

Lol, I saw a similar comment prior to the App game. What a ridiculous notion that our offense, defense and special teams can play poorly enough to lose, but we will still win as long as our QB is lined up under the center.

I know at least 2 people will be there.
    And we will score less than the other team.

about 17-21 is all we can score, we can give up alot, fortunately they may be as inept at offense as we are.
    SOOO... 21-17 GS, 9997 witness our first win of the season.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Caveat: this assumes we actually run Flexbone plays other that the two.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Lol, I saw a similar comment prior to the App game. What a ridiculous notion that our offense, defense and special teams can play poorly enough to lose, but we will still win as long as our QB is lined up under the center.
    As bad as our offensive coordination is, anything is within reason. Heck, let the players call the plays. Can't be any worse.

Also, I didn't want to call out any players, but under center is also an analog for alternating key offensive positions.
    Last edited by gsutrublu; 13th November 2017 at 10:00 PM.

Run those 2-3 under center plays over and over again with a pass play every now and then. It beats the heck out of that pistol/gun/option crap that seems to produce repeated TFL's. Just IMO.