SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Alternate helmets

Default Alternate helmets

I know we've had two sets of helmets since the year we did the brown Teachers throwback helmets. What happened to them after the white helmets with the GS on them? Were there plans for an additional alternate helmet this year at any point?

Default Re: Alternate helmets

I think it’s a wrap on the helmet that they peel off afterward. One of our RB’s helmet was coming off earlier this season.

No some of the equipment managers that post here said we had a whole additional set, which opened the door for additional alternates in the future.

4. Default Re: Alternate helmets

I am not sure how it works behind the scenes with the helmets, but I do know that we had a gray military/AP alternate planned for the UNH game, until it had to be moved to Birmingham.

5. Default Re: Alternate helmets

I know we are wearing the american flag stripe helmets this Saturday against USA but I think that's the last time we are wearing alternates.

We always have the two sets. The blues they play in and practice in + the alternate for that year. Once the season is over the alts are sent off to be reconditioned and repainted in another color for the following year's alternate. These uniforms are planned a year out.
    Scott Smith
    GS Equipment 2009-2016
    Statesboro Native
    Go Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by GATAonemoretime View Post
    We always have the two sets. The blues they play in and practice in + the alternate for that year. Once the season is over the alts are sent off to be reconditioned and repainted in another color for the following year's alternate. These uniforms are planned a year out.
    Great insight as usual. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GATAonemoretime View Post
    Did the white helmets linger an extra year?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1