SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell McGee to be Interviewed

Default Re: Dell McGee to be Interviewed

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    McGee and Lunsford aren't even close to being the same thing. McGee had a team that for two years had clicked on both offense and defense. He just had to let the coordinators do their job. Lunsford inherited an absolute mess. No we haven't beaten the top teams in the conference. But each week we have seen improvements that are now starting to come together. Maybe McGee could have done that. Fortunately, we never had to find out.
    Bingo.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We're two years late. It makes no sense to hire him now. Interview doesn't hurt, but McGee would have to find competent coordinators. At this point we ARE better off with Lunsford.

McGee could have promoted Alex Atkins to OC two years ago.

I wonder if we could get a do over with that one?

And I would disagree that we are better off with Lunsford over McGee because as I posted the other day there is 1 route that puts both of them on the coaching staff and it ain’t Lunsford being the head coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

3. Default Re: Dell McGee to be Interviewed

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    Del won with Fritz people...many who left. Lunsford wins his/our people. I say Chad over Del.
    We have no idea who CL's "people" would be if he was offered the position. Same with DM. IMO that makes them equally risky.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I wonder if we could get a do over with that one?

And I would disagree that we are better off with Lunsford over McGee because as I posted the other day there is 1 route that puts both of them on the coaching staff and it ain’t Lunsford being the head coach.
    Having them both on staff is great. Who are the offensive and defensive coordinators? What position coaches do we have?

5. Default Re: Dell McGee to be Interviewed

I don t think it is a given Lunsford stays if he doesn t get the head job. I could easily see him landing a FCS head job

I would be surprised this time around if anyone gets hired without a near guarantee of who the key staff members are going to be.

7. Default Re: Dell McGee to be Interviewed

I agree. Unless we hire a present head coach— and that option seems to be Bohannon— there will be the issue of assembling a staff

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Having them both on staff is great. Who are the offensive and defensive coordinators? What position coaches do we have?

Don’t know, but Honestly I trust McGee more than I do Lunsford when it comes to that.

I could get on board with Atkins coming back as OL coach/OC. That’s why I asked if you thought we could get a do over on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Don’t know, but Honestly I trust McGee more than I do Lunsford when it comes to that.

I could get on board with Atkins coming back as OL coach/OC. That’s why I asked if you thought we could get a do over on that.
    i didn't realize Atkins has experience calling plays?

Honest question, not trying to be a douche but what makes you trust McGee more than Lunsford? Just curious why you think he'd have better connections for assistants having only been a college coach for 4 years at 2 schools with another couple years as an analyst at a 3rd school? Granted Lunsford only has experience at about 4 schools but he does have around 10 years more coaching experience than McGee. Personally, I'm also a little cautious of who Chad could get for assistants.

Final question if Atkins is your choice for OL/OC why couldn't Lunsford bring him back if McGee could? They both coached 2 years with Atkins.