SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunsford's Staff

Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    I was not aware this forum was full of erk Russells and Nick sabans. I'm obviously way out of my league posting in a forum full of legendary coaches.
    I mean, I did take Georgia Southern to the SEC and win like three straight national titles on the EA Sports video game sooooo.....

That media deal was a sliding scale but yes $300K base.
    $50K in 2016
    $57.5K in 2017
    $65K in 2018
    $73.8K in 2019

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpe...t-contract.pdf
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    No he has not paid any dues...he just stayed. Paying dues is earning your way up the ladder proving it as coord or HC....

Paying a guy that would have taken the job for $300K has me off the TK fence he is a complete moron.....COMPLETE
    Was Jeff Monken ever a HC or coordinator?

No he has not paid any dues...he just stayed. Paying dues is earning your way up the ladder proving it as coord or HC....
    Come on JDC. He’s been coaching for about 20 years. He’s probably made less than 6 figures for the vast majority of his career. Considering someone with 20 years experience and a master’s degree, he’s definitely sacrificed financially.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Come on JDC. He’s been coaching for about 20 years. He’s probably made less than 6 figures for the vast majority of his career. Considering someone with 20 years experience and a master’s degree, he’s definitely sacrificed financially.
    Not necessarily. Now me, I’ve sacrificed.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

6. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Paying a guy that would have taken the job for $300K has me off the TK fence he is a complete moron.....COMPLETE
    This is a legitimate concern. I mean, is there even a remote possibility that CL turns down the job if he was offered, lets say, $400k?

We go right to $650k, really, for a guy that was a SBC Special Teams coach 6 weeks ago? And, for 4 years? I realize I am not exposed to all the details, but man, that just seems like a special kind of dumb.

I do think it’s too much for a guy with a career 2-3 record. But if you can get it, then get it.

This is more about TK than CCL.

My goodness, I hope we don’t have the same termination (“There is no buyout”) clauses.

I guess you kinda got me there. Even I think that is a little excessive- and I like the CCL hire. I was thinking a 2 year deal @400/year with serious incentives. That REALLY makes me question TK.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

9. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Would love for Cabral to be DC. He and Lunsford would be great recruiters.

10. Default Re: Lunsford's Staff

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I guess you kinda got me there. Even I think that is a little excessive- and I like the CCL hire. I was thinking a 2 year deal @400/year with serious incentives. That REALLY makes me question TK.
    Anything less than 4 affects recruiting in a negative way.