SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What coaches did the full Search Committee interview?

Default Re: What coaches did the full Search Committee interview?

Every 2-3 years around these parts. & it’ll be happening round these parts again in another 2-3 years. One way or the other.

I like the hire and I'm optimistic about the future with CCL leading the charge.

That being said, TK is not impressive. He is awful at speaking in a manner that instills confidence in anyone who is listening to him. He sounds like my 6yo when he's trying to fib about cleaning his room. He goes on and on about things that have nothing to do with what should be being addressed. Almost as if he's in public speaking 101 and knows he has to fill 5 full minutes or he'll not get a passing grade. I personally don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth. That's not to say he's always lying either. He could spend 5 mins telling me the sky is blue, and at the end of it I'd have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    I like the hire and I'm optimistic about the future with CCL leading the charge.

That being said, TK is not impressive. He is awful at speaking in a manner that instills confidence in anyone who is listening to him. He sounds like my 6yo when he's trying to fib about cleaning his room. He goes on and on about things that have nothing to do with what should be being addressed. Almost as if he's in public speaking 101 and knows he has to fill 5 full minutes or he'll not get a passing grade. I personally don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth. That's not to say he's always lying either. He could spend 5 mins telling me the sky is blue, and at the end of it I'd have my doubts.
    No lie, I thought you were describing Tyson Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post

Well said.

Only difference is I dont like the hire given the alternatives but cant be anything on Chad until I see who are OC, DC and assistants are. If he goes good ole boy like Tyson did it might get bad.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Was this a "stacked" committee that certainly knelt down to TK? Absolutely.
    No different than any college search committee anywhere. Including under Erk after he retired. He hand picked 2 of our coaches.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I think what we and everybody else likely perceive about what being a 'finalist' means may not be exactly the same way that TK throws the term around.

Were there ever 4 names on a piece of paper that may have said 'finalists' at the top? Maybe. Does that mean those four were the last candidates standing after a rigorous process including preliminary telephone and secondary face-to-face interviews with TK and the committee? Almost certainly not.
    One can always argue what their definition of rigorous is, but I do believe that TK and or the committee talked with the coaches (even though he only mentioned them by description or title) that he mentioned in the presser. I also believe that he met with a few of them. My question isn't did he interview them. My question is did he ever have any intention of hiring them when he was talking with them. Did he have his one or two main goals and then give the others "lip service" to make it look like more of a search. Others have said that Davis was very interested, but was not even in the mix.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Well said.

Only difference is I dont like the hire given the alternatives but cant be anything on Chad until I see who are OC, DC and assistants are. If he goes good ole boy like Tyson did it might get bad.
    I have no intention of sharing specific names I have heard. But, I can say anecdotally that the difference in coaches wanting to come to Statesboro to work for CCL versus the level of interest in coaches wanting to come work for CTS is shocking. I think CCL will have plenty of good options. And just because he brings in coaches he has worked with and considers a friend I don't think is a bad thing. So long as their resume is strong. I think the sentiment that CTS brought in "his good ol' boys" is absolutely asinine. Why does anyone think that? He brought in who he could. And quite frankly, I think the retooled staff next year under CCL will make a world of difference in a positive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    I have no intention of sharing specific names I have heard. But, I can say anecdotally that the difference in coaches wanting to come to Statesboro to work for CCL versus the level of interest in coaches wanting to come work for CTS is shocking. I think CCL will have plenty of good options. And just because he brings in coaches he has worked with and considers a friend I don't think is a bad thing. So long as their resume is strong. I think the sentiment that CTS brought in "his good ol' boys" is absolutely asinine. Why does anyone think that? He brought in who he could. And quite frankly, I think the retooled staff next year under CCL will make a world of difference in a positive manner.
    +1, you know a lot of us on here have short memories. Earlier this season this team "stunk the bed", looked and played like a lowly non scholarship FCS team. The last few weeks with the same kids, THE SAME COACHES, we all of a sudden look like a FBS G5 team and the ONLY change has been the head coach. Very interesting, maybe Zo and Cook can coach.

Monken said we did not interview Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, you know a lot of us on here have short memories. Earlier this season this team "stunk the bed", looked and played like a lowly non scholarship FCS team. The last few weeks with the same kids, THE SAME COACHES, we all of a sudden look like a FBS G5 team and the ONLY change has been the head coach. Very interesting, maybe Zo and Cook can coach.
    The change is lack of Tyson...nobody knows exactly how this affected each coach.

Also I think CCL does have some good OPTIONS for OC....we will see. As far as DC might have to search from sea to the MOUNTAINS to find a good one.....

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.