SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What coaches did the full Search Committee interview?

Default Re: What coaches did the full Search Committee interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I love that we run out head coaching search like it's a kid's lemonade stand.

I guess we better just pray that Lunsford works out. Would It be too hard to do our due diligence and actually interview real candidates? We did in 2014 and landed Fritz.
    I could tell you who we interviewed but I would have to kill you. The crazy speculation from a few, especially JDC and Gatalac, is pretty over the top.

The search firm put out feelers and etc. Some were interested and some were not. We interviewed people and in the end, some were interested and in the end some were not. None of you know who or why.

Questioning things is human nature but all of this his criticism with virtually no knowledge of what took place makes you look very silly.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I could tell you who we interviewed but I would have to kill you. The crazy speculation from a few, especially JDC and Gatalac, is pretty over the top.

The search firm put out feelers and etc. Some were interested and some were not. We interviewed people and in the end, some were interested and in the end some were not. None of you know who or why.

Questioning things is human nature but all of this his criticism with virtually no knowledge of what took place makes you look very silly.
    Monken's own words are speculation? Did I read it wrong? I guess folks PM'ing me are off as well. I can understand folks turning us down but unless Monken is lying why would we not have Davis as a top candidate?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Monken's own words are speculation? Did I read it wrong?
    If Davis interviewing was all you had talked about you would be safe.....maybe. Unfortunately you have been slamming the process and the hire much earlier than when CJM commented about one candidate. (Maybe Davis was a real candidate and maybe he was not. Sounds like he was not)
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Great! You apparently possess the esoteric knowledge that those of us among the proletariat seem to lack.

So, no names, just numbers and composition (FCS HC, FBSCoordinator, etc.):

How many did we interview beyond fielding an initial phone call? Committee or just TK?

How many of those made it through the first round of elimination?

How many of those did we interview in person? Committee or just TK?

What was the makeup of the ‘finalists’?

Were each of those finalists actual, viable candidates?(i.e., wanted the job)

If we did not end up with at least 3 qualified candidates who wanted the job, including at least a couple of current head coaches, towhat do you attribute that? Is that an outsized expectation for this position?

Also, what crazy speculation have I engaged in other than questioning the process? I know Davis was not interviewed and I know he wanted the job. To leave a guy--who you and I know still had some soreness from the way his last ‘interview’ was handled--like that waiting on a phone call to schedule an interview that was never coming – even if you had zero interest in hiring him – is just poor form at the very least.

You have the information, none of which would be considered sensitive, that can shut me up right now regarding questioning whether this process was handled in a manner destined to yield the best result. I would like nothing better to be assured that everything possible was done in the most professional manner possible.

P.S.: Not that you would be less than truthful, but surely you know that there is factual information available from sources on both sides of this process.
    Last edited by GATAlac El Dorado; 28th November 2017 at 06:59 PM.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

If Davis interviewing was all you had talked about you would be safe.....maybe. Unfortunately you have been slamming the process and the hire much earlier than when CJM commented about one candidate. (Maybe Davis was a real candidate and maybe he was not. Sounds like he was not)
    Who did I name as possible candidates was over the top then? My top guy was Houston and should have been the hire if an option. All others were not unrealistic. We dont know anything about the process but vague speak from Captian Comb over. I was just assuming we had competence at the AD position and interviewing obvious legit candidates was a given. I also am getting the feeling TK has burnt bridges if Davis was not even interviewed. Davis was not my first pick but if he was not on TK's short list that is negligence. Zero reason not have Davis as top candidate or not give the guy an interview if we are all about family and TrueBlue actually means something because that dude is for sure.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I was just assuming we had competence at the AD position .
    Your first mistake.

Monken's own words are speculation? Did I read it wrong? I guess folks PM'ing me are off as well. I can understand folks turning us down but unless Monken is lying why would we not have Davis as a top candidate?
    I think Monken's tweet or whatever it was, was confirming we were not interested in Davis, not the other way around. I also still think, IMO. Bohannon was never considered. I have NO facts, just IMO.

May I suggest that our AD is not big on the flex/TO offense.

I wonder about Keeler.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I think Monken's tweet or whatever it was, was confirming we were not interested in Davis, not the other way around. I also still think, IMO. Bohannon was never considered. I have NO facts, just IMO.
    Agree on all counts. This "search" was a farce.