Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Default 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Currently the 2018 Schedule on the gseagles.com website lists 4 games:
    Sep 1: Home Presbyterian
    Sep 8: Home UMASS
    Sep 15: Road Clemson
    Oct 20: Road New Mexico State

I am predicting a 3-1 record for the above games and a 5-3 conference record for next season. I know there are uncertainties at the Coordinators but we should bring most everyone back and have a very exciting offense next year. 8-4 would be a great first year for CCL.
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Out of those 4 games, I'm with you, 3-1 with a loss to Clemson. But we're playing 8 conference games, not 7. (9 of you count on us getting to the conference championship).

not sure why we are skipping a conference game, are you anticipating another hurricane?

It would be nice to know who a lot of the coaching staff is going to be, but I know we won't find that out until after the last game at the VERY earliest.

That being said, I'll say 7-5 for our overall record and bowling again. Hope to win at least 1 of the 2 rivalry games too.

I predict 7-5 for 2018.

I predicted 5-7 for 2017 for reference.

Home:
    Presbyterian Win
    UMass Win
    App State Loss
    Ark State Win
    South Alabama Win
    Troy Loss

Away:
    Coastal Win
    Georgia State Win
    Lafayette Win
    Texas State Win
    Clemson Loss
    New Mexico State Loss

That's 8-4 overall 6-2 in the conference. Pretty freaking good considering what we've been through. App will beat us I believe, they have the recruits and players coming in to be really good for a while. Clemson will beat us. New Mexico State I picked to beat us because I worry about that travel. Troy was the toss up, dependent on if Neal Brown leaves.

I'm not sold on App next year. Lot of turnover, plus they have no QB with any real game experience to replace Lamb and that's a massive undertaking at this point. Also their OL has dropped off considerably from last year so the run game just isn't what it's been.

Even with the team they had in 2016, if we'd had a competent offense that year we would have beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    Home:
    Presbyterian Win
    UMass Win
    App State Loss
    Ark State Win
    South Alabama Win
    Troy Loss

Away:
    Coastal Win
    Georgia State Win
    Lafayette Win
    Texas State Win
    Clemson Loss
    New Mexico State Loss

That's 8-4 overall 6-2 in the conference. Pretty freaking good considering what we've been through. App will beat us I believe, they have the recruits and players coming in to be really good for a while. Clemson will beat us. New Mexico State I picked to beat us because I worry about that travel. Troy was the toss up, dependent on if Neal Brown leaves.
    Either way Troy will be breaking in a new QB. They weren't that impressive to me in this years game and we are 3-1 against them in FBS. We also haven't lost in Las Cruces yet, and that was with Seth Shuman at QB with TS coaching so.... I think we will beat someone in conference that is an upset and lose to one we shouldn't. Every other game we should be favored in. Obviously the picks for Coordinators will dictate a ton but from what CCL has shown thus far he has a great handle on how to "LEAD" a staff and team.
    Georgia Southern has created a culture of winning! We expect to win and we should! GATA

I don't want to make a prediction without knowing the staff, but as of now, I don't see a game on our schedule next year that isn't winnable (all games are). Clemson is the only one where I would predict a loss and while Clemson is loaded with talent, next year they will be replacing a number of guys on the DL and there is a good chance they won't return their DL/DC.

9. Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    Out of those 4 games, I'm with you, 3-1 with a loss to Clemson. But we're playing 8 conference games, not 7. (9 of you count on us getting to the conference championship).
    Yeah, 9 if you count a SBC Championship game, which means we will be in a bowl as well. Next year is a perfect year for CL to sharpen his teeth...

We will be the only program in the SB East not losing a starting QB (I believe Lamb, Keane, Manning and Silvers all graduate).

We will have StAte, Troy and App at home (GaSt in ATL but might as well be home).

I see no reason to lose more than 3 games total before the possibility of a CCG, and bowl game... IMO we realistically should win 10 games next year.

4-8 with wins only over Presby, NMSU, Coastal, and Texas State