SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'm not sold on App next year. Lot of turnover, plus they have no QB with any real game experience to replace Lamb and that's a massive undertaking at this point. Also their OL has dropped off considerably from last year so the run game just isn't what it's been.

Even with the team they had in 2016, if we'd had a competent offense that year we would have beat them.
    Against us, App wasn’t really impressive this year with Lamb. I thought this was the worst App team I’ve seen in years. I think next year gets worse for them.

2. Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    This year yes no doubt but so are we. I expect GagSt, CCU and ULM to improve significantly. USA TBD on coach but I think they will land a good one. I believe they have money. TXST looks like they have been Summered. Troy, ArkSt and App are not weak by any standard. I will say App losing their 10th year senior at QB and others should hurt a bit. Is the QB at ArkSt a senior?
    Hansen (StAte) is a JR. I believe every other SBC program on next years schedule graduates their QB this year (including NMSU), except for TxSt and ULM. I am not saying that makes us a guarantee to run through the SB, but it certainly works in our favor.

I also believe GaSt, CCU and ULM will be better next year, but we really should not lose to them. If Neal stays, Troy will be tough to beat, but I have a hard time buying into App and StAte. App is App, but we can beat them at home (we did last time they brought a new QB to Paulson) and I just hate to give StAte any credit, lol. I mean, I just feel like they are a bad team that gets lucky in the SBC, heck, they handed us the ball like 10 times in the last two games... if we have a remotely competent offense we should crush them.

Red face Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

The EagleDawg calls it at 7-5 regular season ending and with a bowl victory culminating the final record at 8-5.

We only have one P5 game next year FYI and nobody predicting a CCG? Why not? Sun Belt is "weak" and we have the guy right? Some of you sounding like you half in half out with your Lunsford enthusiasm vs record predictions....never ever good to be half and half, EVER.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Dripping with positivity and happiness with your every post aren't you, Osteen. Please, do tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    Dripping with positivity and happiness with your every post aren't you, Osteen. Please, do tell me more
    Sarcasm never translates well on here...honestly was just being facetious and cracking a joke. I am past it said my piece. Also you did not pick up on the last part...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Based on the roster (as of today) and schedule there is no reason to be worse than 8-4.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    We only have one P5 game next year FYI and nobody predicting a CCG? Why not? Sun Belt is "weak" and we have the guy right? Some of you sounding like you half in half out with your Lunsford enthusiasm vs record predictions....never ever good to be half and half, EVER.
    IMO it is not unreasonable to believe CL was not the best overall option AND believe that the SBC is weak enough for GS to be successful next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    4-8 with wins only over Presby, NMSU, Coastal, and Texas State
    Are you Buzz Killington’s brother? Son? Aunt?

10. Default Re: 2018 Results/Record Predictions

6-6, probably 5-7