SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo Fisher

1. Default Re: Jimbo Fisher

All the talking heads claim FSU facilities have fallen behind the Clemson’s and such in their conference and supposedly always been a lil friction tween Fisher and the AD.

2. Default Re: Jimbo Fisher

Big oil in Texas.Meanwhile we are breaking the bank to pay less than a mil per year.To bad there’s not oil in S ga.I am guessing T a&m are trying to buy a NC.There should be some sort of NC clause in that contract for that kind of money.

Default Re: Jimbo Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    I just wanted to be one of those people who invents something simple and is set for life
    Better do it on your own and not a company you work for, because they'll make millions, not you.

TAMU obviously is a big payday for Jimbo but not a better football school money wise, facility wise, tradition wise.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Jimbo Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    nah, it's all about greed, started following NCAA football around 1960, my has it changed. Money machine.
    I had to take out a loan to pay off my college tuition debt because the scam federal loans are handled by criminals who apply your payments toward "administrative fees" so you never actually pay the balance. Meanwhile coaches are getting paid more than doctors and my debt is financing all of it. Enough is enough. All this money shouldn't be in an amateur sport and public colleges shouldn't be in the professional sports business. Either back off the outrageous salaries and facilities upgrades or completely disconnect football from the colleges and let them operate as their own private sports club. I love football, but this isn't right.

Given Fisher's marital situation a new start is in order. When the new start pays $75m it becomes a no brainer.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    Given Fisher's marital situation a new start is in order. When the new start pays $75m it becomes a no brainer.
    Yes. It will be interesting to see if he can get his career and personal life back on track. The hire looks very risky in many ways, unless he can talk Jeremy Pruitt into coming with him.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Maybe he knows of some impending NCAA sanctions or something...but its a hell of a lot of money so thats probably the biggest reason!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
    Maybe he knows of some impending NCAA sanctions or something...but its a hell of a lot of money so thats probably the biggest reason!
    He has had friction with the athletic department at FSU for a while.

10. Default Re: Jimbo Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    He has had friction with the athletic department at FSU for a while.
    The way I read it, I don't think FSU really wanted to come up with that kind of money to keep him around. Maybe they realize he isn't worth it and want better value for their dollar. College FB has gotten beyond absurd. Jimbo had worn out his welcome with some at FSU and I don't think it was that they couldn't match the money but they didn't want to.