SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: KSU Moving On

Default Re: KSU Moving On

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Idk, he just said he does not know anything about KSU. I see no malice in that sentiment (not that you said that).

I mean, he spent 20 years coaching in the NE and now Texas... IMO it is not entirely reasonable to assume he would have much exposure to a program in Georgia currently playing in just its 3rd season (1st post season), ever.

You are correct, this should be a fun game, hoping to see SH advance.
    I could turn that into motivation for the team really easy.

I can definitely see someone that came from the PJ tree using it.

2. Default Re: KSU Moving On

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Why? You just like Keeler and not so much Bohannon or the different offensive schemes. Reference eagle man.
    Because I want to see SH win and KS lose, I do not give a flip about either HC or the offense they run. The only program in Georgia I want to see excel is GS.

I donít follow KSU a lot other than checking to see if they win throughout the season....Iíll occasionally watch parts of a game etc, but Iíve been watching more lately since the playoffs started. No reason for me not to wish them well...I did my masterís there. No regrets on the move or anything for Southern...Iím all for FBS, but I do still like (and admittedly miss at times) the excitement of he playoffs, so KSU gives me a way in to that.

Biggest observation to me is how little respect the big south gets in the grand scheme, which KSU won. Only had one loss on the season and No first round bye, on the road in every game other than the first round etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern View Post
    I don’t follow KSU a lot other than checking to see if they win throughout the season....I’ll occasionally watch parts of a game etc, but I’ve been watching more lately since the playoffs started. No reason for me not to wish them well...I did my master’s there. No regrets on the move or anything for Southern...I’m all for FBS, but I do still like (and admittedly miss at times) the excitement of he playoffs, so KSU gives me a way in to that.

Biggest observation to me is how little respect the big south gets in the grand scheme, which KSU won. Only had one loss on the season and No first round bye, on the road in every game other than the first round etc.
    yep, just something about playoffs that to me are more exciting than a bowl game. Now before anyone wants to post attendance figures for a FBS bowl game vs FCS playoff game, SKIP IT. The playoffs are fun.

5. Default Re: KSU Moving On

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yep, just something about playoffs that to me are more exciting than a bowl game. Now before anyone wants to post attendance figures for a FBS bowl game vs FCS playoff game, SKIP IT. The playoffs are fun.
    In all the years of the I-AA/FCS playoffs, I only found 6 playoff years to be "fun." I am happy about the opportunity to pursue a new set of goals and challenges.

In all the years of the I-AA/FCS playoffs, I only found 6 playoff years to be "fun." I am happy about the opportunity to pursue a new set of goals and challenges.
    and we sure be pursuing. I hope in a few years we get on a bowl streak since that is pretty much what we now play for and deem successful.

Agree 100%. Love those playoff runs and kicking butt then hanging in the parking lot afterward watching other games and determining if we had a home game the next week or if we were on the road. Then planning with my buddies our road trips to Delaware, old dominion, William and Mary etc. Fun times. And yes on the attendance stats to, I always have said I don't care if I am the only one in the stands, I love it and it doesn't matter to me if no-one else watched it.

NDSf'ingU and crappy Chattanooga weather kept us from three more NC's. Oh and WKU having no spine and letting a kid that shoved coaches continue to play.

Side note UNH is still in it takes a little sting off the loss.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: KSU Moving On

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    NDSf'ingU and crappy Chattanooga weather kept us from three more NC's. Oh and WKU having no spine and letting a kid that shoved coaches continue to play.

Side note UNH is still in it takes a little sting off the loss.
    I went to all 3 Chattanooga games, and while I agree that weather was a problem in 1998, the weather was very similar in all three years and we still won twice. In fact, I think the Montana game was the worst. NDSU, well, what can I say... Monken had 3 chances to win a semi-final game, just could not do it. I am not familiar with the WKU kid, but sounds like it is worth a google.

10. Default Re: KSU Moving On

and we sure be pursuing. I hope in a few years we get on a bowl streak since that is pretty much what we now play for and deem successful.
    Bowl games are fun, but personally I will admit that GS has truly arrived (successful) when we break into the top 25. That is what I long to see.