SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back seat driver

Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Saturday was completely irrelevant.
    I'd be lying if I said I was completely indifferent to it, but I'm not sweating it, either.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Were you getting asked that in 2014 and 2015?
    No, because everyone saw us rushing for 370-380 ypg and assumed all the broadcasters who kept referring to our “triple option” offense were right.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    IMO the two OC's phoned this is in ... already knew were gone and didn't seem to give a #@!%
    I hope the coaches didn’t get Werts hurt. He was totally gassed in that game and in obvious pain by the end.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Saturday was completely irrelevant.
    . . . but the two weeks prior weren't? Explain.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

5. Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    Honestly the game didn't really mean anything. It was more an audition for the other coaches to try to stay on staff
    I would think that the first 11 games were the audition.

Am I a little more concerned now? Yea. Am I a ton? Not really. We didn't have a ton of dumb penalties, we didn't go out on defense and not be focused enough to know what the play was. We didn't fall apart at the first sign of trouble. Those are some of the clear signs of issues with the head coach. All things we saw earlier this year.

What we did see was linebackers matched up against wide receivers and an inability to adjust to their running game. On offense we saw vanilla play calling and a stupid 4th down play where we ran the quarterback up the middle knowing the line had not blocked well all day. These are issues often associated with coordinators and they were both gone the next day. I'm still optimistic, but he has to crush these hires.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    . . . but the two weeks prior weren't? Explain.

Never said they weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Never said they weren't.
    Just to be clear, we're working with a triple negative here, so: never said they weren't irrelevant = said they were irrelevant

To which I say: Well they were relevant enough to somebody to singlehandedly prompt the hire of our new coach.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Just to be clear, we're working with a triple negative here, so: never said they weren't irrelevant = said they were irrelevant

To which I say: Well they were relevant enough to somebody to singlehandedly prompt the hire of our new coach.
    There you go making an assumption about the hire that may not be (and probably isn't) true.

Also, you mention the two wins, but I would argue we had improved a good deal between UMass and Georgia State. We were certainly not where we want to be, but a lot better.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Can we call a total truce on fighting over the HC hire in all 50 of the current threads until we at least hire the complete staff? Or maybe even until CCL loses the first game with his own team?

It is fine to question things. Heck, I want a new AD strictly from things that happened prior to September 2018 but good grief, do we have to rehash this in every thread for the next 9 months?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1