SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Back seat driver

1. Default Re: Back seat driver

I thought Chadwell coached a heckuva game Saturday. He stuck his tongue out at TK saying, "you should have hired me. I'm still playing with Big South talent."

Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    There you go making an assumption about the hire that may not be (and probably isn't) true.

Also, you mention the two wins, but I would argue we had improved a good deal between UMass and Georgia State. We were certainly not where we want to be, but a lot better.
    Please, tell me your version of the events that transpired. The only justification I've heard put forth for the hire has been: A.) There was a miraculous turnaround which made it obvious that he was THE most qualified candidate for the job (never mind the rest of the staff, we're cleaning house -- not only did they have no part in anything remotely positive, but Lunsford not only literally did it all by himself, he did in spite of the presence of those others), and B.) we desperately needed to make a move due to the dire need for continuity (not of the staff) in order to salvage this portion of a single recruiting class and all of the irreparable havoc that would be wrought by potentially missing out on a handful of recruits, the impact of the actual coach who we signed to a 4- year contract be damned.

Apparently neither of these is now the reason we made the hire we did when we did, despite their being constantly put forth in support of the validity of the decision. So, please, tell me what REALLY happened. Just tell me what you THINK really happened.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

3. Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I thought Chadwell coached a heckuva game Saturday. He stuck his tongue out at TK saying, "you should have hired me. I'm still playing with Big South talent."
    I dont think it's unfair to say Lundsford got out coached. at the helm he is 2 - 4. So basically we hired a guy b/c he was able to win 2 games. Only way you are happy with this hire is if you think GSU can only win running the flex under center, b/c that's the only way to be GSU right? Not going to say this is worse than the Summers hire, but i dont see an improvement. All the talented coaches, especially at the FCS level and we can't get one of them to come to Statesboro.
    Class of 2001

At least we didn’t get Herm Edwards, who doesn’t seem to know the mascot of the team he just got hired to coach.

For those unaware, he’s the new HC of the Arizona State Sun Devils. When a journalist from the crowd attempted to preface his question with, “Hey I’m (insert name) from Devils Digest”, Herm quickly interrupted with, “Devils digest huh? Where’s that out of? I’m a catholic, I’m a Christian, I watch out for devils.”

I hope we will be okay next year. Coastal Carolina had 2 weeks to prepare for us. Yes, I would have liked Chad to end the season with 3 Wins but I honestly was not that unhappy with the score. We didn't seem to look like we did the prior 2 games and alot more penalties. Give us the off season to continue to make the corrections that we need.

Hiring a head football coach is probably the easiest thing in the world, yet somehow all these dunce ADs screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    I dont think it's unfair to say Lundsford got out coached. at the helm he is 2 - 4. So basically we hired a guy b/c he was able to win 2 games. Only way you are happy with this hire is if you think GSU can only win running the flex under center, b/c that's the only way to be GSU right? Not going to say this is worse than the Summers hire, but i dont see an improvement. All the talented coaches, especially at the FCS level and we can't get one of them to come to Statesboro.
    While I don't disagree with your general assessment, I don't get your under center flex reference. Lunsford is not a flex coach and he's given no indication as to what his offensive philosophy is or who he'll hire to run it.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

8. Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    No, because GS was coming off the Florida victory (remember where I am) and was still thought of as a power running option team that beat UF with zero passing yards. A lot of folks around here were impressed with the 2011 Alabama game too.
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    At least we didn’t get Herm Edwards, who doesn’t seem to know the mascot of the team he just got hired to coach.

For those unaware, he’s the new HC of the Arizona State Sun Devils. When a journalist from the crowd attempted to preface his question with, “Hey I’m (insert name) from Devils Digest”, Herm quickly interrupted with, “Devils digest huh? Where’s that out of? I’m a catholic, I’m a Christian, I watch out for devils.”
    Why did they hire him? Is there a historical connection with the school? I mean, I hope he does well, but that's a head scratcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Hiring a head football coach at Georgia Southern should be probably the easiest thing in the world, yet somehow all these dunce ADs screw it up.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Please, tell me your version of the events that transpired. The only justification I've heard put forth for the hire has been: A.) There was a miraculous turnaround which made it obvious that he was THE most qualified candidate for the job (never mind the rest of the staff, we're cleaning house -- not only did they have no part in anything remotely positive, but Lunsford not only literally did it all by himself, he did in spite of the presence of those others), and B.) we desperately needed to make a move due to the dire need for continuity (not of the staff) in order to salvage this portion of a single recruiting class and all of the irreparable havoc that would be wrought by potentially missing out on a handful of recruits, the impact of the actual coach who we signed to a 4- year contract be damned.

Apparently neither of these is now the reason we made the hire we did when we did, despite their being constantly put forth in support of the validity of the decision. So, please, tell me what REALLY happened. Just tell me what you THINK really happened.
    I know you don't like TK, but that doesn't make your contention the coaching decision was completely facile fact. TK said before the Coastal game it was also about stuff going on behind the scenes.

Remember when we were for sure headed for 0-12 and people didn't see a single win on the schedule? What we had in the last 5 games if obviously not where we want to be, but it was a step up from the very inept and bad team we saw in the first half of the season. We progressed well without having any off-season practice.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.