SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Back seat driver

Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Nobody is going to pulling against CL and nobody is now, nobody has predicted failure or wants it, can we stop with that narrative or hinting around at it. Given the choice in RELATION to all other choices many of us are confused and shaking our heads at the choice not because of CL but what we could have gotten that in our opinions would have reduced the risk of failure and increase the chances of success immensely. If we got lucky with CL and were able to land a good coach without him having to prove it for years at a HC position or coordinator position then great maybe we keep him a year or two longer than a Houston, but it is luck and not rationally based on any sound evidence or proof. He has not proven anything yet he has been given credit for and nor has it been disproved. He has a clean slate with me as the excuses people are throwing out about going 2-4 and ending with a beat down of a 2-9 FCS team have some merit. I will judge him fully next year, he will have six games with this team, a recruiting cycle and spring, win or leave and take the AD with you if you lose, its that simple. No amount of whining / complaining or Jones Town level blind devotion is going to add one point to the scoreboard help or hurt a recruiting class or make CL or his staff better or worse coaches. He is here for two three years for bad at least and three to four if he wins at a high level. Then on to the next guy and hope we can repeat the luck or learn our lesson.
    Not saying that this was directed at my last post or not but for what it's worth:
    I agree with you on this.
    I don't think anyone is pulling against CL.
    I wasn't giving reasons why the AD hired him OVER or that made more sense to me - than going with a Bohannon etc.
    I was just pointing out things that might make him a good hire.

But I do think that a fan base can make a difference in regards to team morale, recruiting strength etc.
    There in fact IS a level of whining that can damage the program. Same can be said for blind devotion I guess.

Basically - Whats done is done. Now - Let's ride this train till the wheels fall off and hope they never do!

Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Not saying that this was directed at my last post or not but for what it's worth:
    I agree with you on this.
    I don't think anyone is pulling against CL.
    I wasn't giving reasons why the AD hired him OVER or that made more sense to me - than going with a Bohannon etc.
    I was just pointing out things that might make him a good hire.

But I do think that a fan base can make a difference in regards to team morale, recruiting strength etc.
    There in fact IS a level of whining that can damage the program. Same can be said for blind devotion I guess.

Basically - Whats done is done. Now - Let's ride this train till the wheels fall off and hope they never do!
    All good but Bohannon fits most of your list and some things dont really matter, or are in any proven winning HC or they would not be proven winning HC's. You are not winning if you are not a guy that motivates players and are person they want to play for. We also did not get any jump on recruiting as we cant tell a recruit who the OC or DC is yet have lost two recruits and added one I think since Lunsford was named interim. Every quality CL has you could have found in a proven winning HC or coord with a real national search. "Good fit" or "has ties" makes me cringe as well who cares if they have ties I would kill to have Fritz still here with no ties to any former GS person. CL hire has nothing but hope and speculation to go on outside of marginal improvement and two wins over horrid teams. Also I keep hearing this great recruiter but without Fritz we went backwards while he took Tulane forwards. He has yet to prove anything in recruiting as a HC. We had good Sun Belt classes until last year but that is not saying much only one class was legit nationally and was attributable more to Fritz. Tyson had no clue how to recruit and had that first warm body approach it appears where Willie had either I think you are a potential starter or you are not getting a scholarship. We have no idea what Lunsford's approach is yet.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

3. Default Re: Back seat driver

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    We have no idea what Lunsford's approach is yet.
    TBD.