SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Default Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

According to NCAA stats:

Rank - School - Total - Average - Games (in home stadium only)

82 - Appalachian State - 154,722 - 25,787 - 6
    83 - Troy - 146,737 - 24,456 - 6
    85 - Arkansas State - 119,538 - 23,908 - 5
    103 - New Mexico State - 91,195 - 18,239 - 5
    106 - Texas State - 104,680 - 17,447 - 6
    107 - South Alabama - 104,070 - 17,345 - 6
    114 - Georgia State - 79,163 - 15,833 - 5
    115 - Louisiana - 78,754 - 15,751 - 5
    118 - Georgia Southern - 61,031 - 15,258 - 4
    119 - Coastal Carolina - 89,754 - 14,959 - 6
    129 - Idaho - 63,197 - 10,533 - 6
    130 - Louisiana-Monroe - 49,640 - 9,928 - 5

Us plus ULM does not equal App, I dont know how next year goes just cant wait for the win against the Blue Hose to wipe away everything associated in 2016-2017.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

No reason why we shouldn't be 1-3 on that list every year. Let's GATA in 2018

3. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Didn't think I would see the day when Georgia State was ahead of us in average attendance. Oh well, I didn't think our program would self-destruct and we would go 2-10, although I always questioned the Summers hire.

On a scale of 10, TK is sitting about 4 right now. In the past 12 months, his stock has sunk faster than GE.

Attendance numbers were terrible, but let's view them in context. Of the four home games (actually played in Paulson), the first one was a Wednesday night game where we knew we'd take a hit because it is in the middle of the week and very difficult for those out of town to come to a 8:00pm kick and then be back at work the next day without taking vacation time. The third home game was when we were 0-7 playing against Georgia State (actually got a little bump from it being Coach Lunsford's first home game as interim head coach) and the last game was when we were 0-9 facing South Alabama. So homecoming against NMSU was the only Saturday home game where we were not yet eliminated from bowl contention.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

5. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    Attendance numbers were terrible, but let's view them in context. Of the four home games (actually played in Paulson), the first one was a Wednesday night game where we knew we'd take a hit because it is in the middle of the week and very difficult for those out of town to come to a 8:00pm kick and then be back at work the next day without taking vacation time. The third home game was when we were 0-7 playing against Georgia State (actually got a little bump from it being Coach Lunsford's first home game as interim head coach) and the last game was when we were 0-9 facing South Alabama. So homecoming against NMSU was the only Saturday home game where we were not yet eliminated from bowl contention.
    Spin it anyway you want, our fans didn't show up. Worst attendance in years. If this mess continues in 2018, we'll be near dead last in the Belt. Hello TK!

6. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Spin it anyway you want, our fans didn't show up. Worst attendance in years....
    Yeah, GS was not the only SBC program with a weekday game, and the only program in the conference that was "worse" then us had considerably better attendance.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Spin it anyway you want, our fans didn't show up. Worst attendance in years. If this mess continues in 2018, we'll be near dead last in the Belt. Hello TK!
    While the weekday games come with the television exposure, there is also the risk of far fewer fans in the stands than on a Saturday - and the backdrop of seas of empty seats does not make for good optics. Granted, the 0 in the win column for those weekday games does not help.
    Winning also helps ... but wow does that make Texas State the outlier of outliers. Is there really nothing else to do in San Marcos? It's so close to San Antonio, which I have heard is a cool place, except for summer, when it's ... you know, hot.
    I wonder if anyone has asked the hotels/restaurants/bars how they are faring this season and how far off they are from their projected revenue with the schedule and the attendance results.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

App had two more home games..... And all but one of their games happened on Saturday.

I don't care about ESPN. Those idiots can't even identify our school correctly. What in hell is the point of scheduling weekday games? The TV exposure doesn't help-since those ESPN morons have no idea who the hell we are, plus most of our fans can't make it down on a thursday.

We need more weekend games. This strange weekday stuff is much more harmful than TK thinks.

9. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    App had two more home games..... And all but one of their games happened on Saturday.

I don't care about ESPN. Those idiots can't even identify our school correctly. What in hell is the point of scheduling weekday games? The TV exposure doesn't help-since those ESPN morons have no idea who the hell we are, plus most of our fans can't make it down on a thursday.

We need more weekend games. This strange weekday stuff is much more harmful than TK thinks.
    Why would you think he cares?

I saw a quote a couple weeks ago that when Miami hosted college gameday they saw a normal month's worth of grad school applications in one day. That's from an already very well known school. The weekday games are the same principle on a smaller scale for schools in our cohort. You get name recognition, more people give your school a look, more decide to apply. You raise admission standards, you get more and better students, you get better faculty, you attract more research dollars and increase the chances of scientific breakthroughs, new technologies, and new businesses being formed on your campus. It's the front porch of the university. No one was complaining about weeknight games when we had 25k loud and proud on Thursday for App in 2014. People have to get over the weeknight game complaints, especially since we are back to 6 home games for the next several years.