SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance 2017 final

TK doesn't pick the weekday games. ESPN tells the conference what games to put on Wed and Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    TK doesn't pick the weekday games. ESPN tells the conference what games to put on Wed and Thurs.
    Please, no facts, it doesn’t fit the narrative that everything is TK’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    Attendance numbers were terrible, but let's view them in context. Of the four home games (actually played in Paulson), the first one was a Wednesday night game where we knew we'd take a hit because it is in the middle of the week and very difficult for those out of town to come to a 8:00pm kick and then be back at work the next day without taking vacation time. The third home game was when we were 0-7 playing against Georgia State (actually got a little bump from it being Coach Lunsford's first home game as interim head coach) and the last game was when we were 0-9 facing South Alabama. So homecoming against NMSU was the only Saturday home game where we were not yet eliminated from bowl contention.
    It could have been much worse considering the product. If our "first game" would have been played in Statesboro it would have likely drawn 22,000 plus and moved us up several spots as well. Middle of the pack when we were the worst team in the country would have been about as good as we could have wished for.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Georgia Southern is a popular football brand, especially when compared to our SunBelt peers, and that's why we will appear in a number of the ESPN time slots. ESPN knows we'll garner some ratings, and likely provide for a competitive matchup (TS effect notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    App had two more home games..... And all but one of their games happened on Saturday.

I don't care about ESPN. Those idiots can't even identify our school correctly. What in hell is the point of scheduling weekday games? The TV exposure doesn't help-since those ESPN morons have no idea who the hell we are, plus most of our fans can't make it down on a thursday.

We need more weekend games. This strange weekday stuff is much more harmful than TK thinks.
    TK works for ESPN? I had no idea. You do realize ESPN picks those games right? You seriously can't be that clueless. Facts not a personal attack. GS the brand name gets more ESPNU viewers than Gag State. Which is why we are guaranteed to have 2 minimum per season, 1 home, 1 away. If they want more weeknight games, then we'll we jump how high ESPN tells us. Also more facts - those TV games get 300% more total viewership than a weekend game. That includes paid attendance + ESPN3 viewing (~35K) for a Saturday home game vs a ESPNU weeknight game which includes attendance + Nielsen numbers (100K+). Surely I can get someone at work to prove it if you don't believe me with the TV ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Why would you think he cares?
    Because TK's job is on the line with the success of football. Wins, season tickets, sponsorships, donations, etc.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Not a fan of the mid week TV games. But I will say, to my own experience, the ONLY reason I got slightly interested in Akron football is because they were always on in the gym during one of these weeknight ESPN slots this season. I believe they won their conference or played in the championship. Their frosh QB is a baller.