SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

This forum is turning into H.S. piss match

If I wanted this much negativity and crying I'd talk to my colleagues at work.

2. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    That is all opinion, some facts are, we played two of the worst teams in the FBS, both lost the next week and both fired their coaches. CL had six weeks with this team and we lost to a 2-9 team with an FCS roster. I was told CL had turned us around and is why we hired him. A "turned around" GS team does not lose to a 2-9 FCS team.

I love how we give zero credit to Chadwell for coaching at high level and exposing what UL or USA could not and it was all Cook's fault. I also dont know how you give CL ALL the credit for everything good when ALL the coaches suffered under Tyson. Again you flip the schedule CL is not our HC period as we dont throw him the job after going 1-3 beating bad teams and then losing the last three of four badly at best and likely all four. If we would have waited on week I bet Bohannon is here right now as well.

Like I have said nobody will be pulling for him more than me but I will never agree on this whole hiring process or who we passed over in relation to hiring CL. I know one thing we better get on landing an OC or DC and hit the recruiting trail because if we dont get out of FCS territory the coach will no matter much soon.
    But I did give chadwell credit. He had his defense ready(they were ranked 67 in the country before the game)and his offense was ran very efficiently. Their defense plays the run well. My issue with most of the stuff said on here about the hiring process is why everyone thinks this is such an amazing job? Majority of our fans want the FLEXBONE back and then the others want the Fritz offense back. If I'm a coach and know the GASo history and don't run one of those style offenses, I would be really reluctant to come here. It's my personal belief that we don't go back to the FLEXBONE because it's hard to schedule quality out of conference opponents with that offense, hence the reason TK didn't hire Davis or Bohannon.

3. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post

Sounds like you've got a pretty rotten job and dissatisfied co-workers to match this board? Time for a career change? 😎
    Lol

4. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    It's my personal belief that we don't go back to the FLEXBONE because it's hard to schedule quality out of conference opponents with that offense, hence the reason TK didn't hire Davis or Bohannon.
    Think about that for a few. If our AD is more concerned about hiring a qualified successful flex coach and return GS back to tradition or his concern is based on his ability to easily schedule games as his criteria. Experienced/knowledgeable fans be damned. Think your on to something there.

Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    This forum is turning into H.S. piss match

It only took a moment to see who the posters are to know you are right
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

6. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Think about that for a few. If our AD is more concerned about hiring a qualified successful flex coach and return GS back to tradition or his concern is based on his ability to easily schedule games as his criteria. Experienced fans be damned. Think your on to something there.
    Forgot my sarcasm sensor at home, so I'm not sure if that's what you were getting at. Just because I'm new to the site doesn't mean I'm new to GASo football. Been going to/watching games for almost 30 years. Defensive coordinators hate facing the offense. What's the explanation of why all of a sudden we are able to book these out of conference games?

7. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Forgot my sarcasm sensor at home, so I'm not sure if that's what you were getting at. Just because I'm new to the site doesn't mean I'm new to GASo football. Been going to/watching games for almost 30 years. Defensive coordinators hate facing the offense. What's the explanation of why all of a sudden we are able to book these out of conference games?
    Nm