SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,558

    Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    So the majority of the 'delay' was the signalers waiting to get the play call? That sounds like a problem. Surely that wouldn't be by design? Conjures images of someone looking, looking, looking, and then saying 'oh, the hell with it. Just run that same play again'.
    That's my guess.

    I'm just a guy on the outside looking in though.

    Quite a few times our players were staring to the sideline waiting though, so it seems the most likely.


  2. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Didn’t Deen put out several articles that were pro Lindsford before he was hired? And now he opens with is Lunsford right for Georgia Southern? Kind two faced ain’t he?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    23,558

    Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Didn’t Deen put out several articles that were pro Lindsford before he was hired? And now he opens with is Lunsford right for Georgia Southern? Kind two faced ain’t he?
    He did the same with Summers.

    I think he's just looking for page views so he takes the path of least resistance to incite a reaction. Either that or he just doesn't know what perspective he wants to take and flip flops more than a politician.


  4. #14

    Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    He did the same with Summers.

    I think he's just looking for page views so he takes the path of least resistance to incite a reaction. Either that or he just doesn't know what perspective he wants to take and flip flops more than a politician.
    I think he wants to have that journalistic integrity/fair and balanced kind of thing but instead of just being nuanced at all times he just goes hard one way and hard the other way in rotation

  5. #15

    Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    I hear you and don’t disagree on your assessment for Saturday’s game. But using that same logic, shouldn’t we give those same coordinators the credit for the two wins?

    This is how the last three weeks have played out here, Facebook, and Twitter.

    We win - Lunsford is the man.
    We win - Lunsford is awesome.

    We lose - coordinators are terrible.
    Georgia Southern obviously lacked FOCUS that entire game by the coaches and players. Week 3 had Southern deal with delayed plane departure, classes on the last 2 weeks, HC speculation and rumors, Coordinators and assistant coaches knowing the likelihood of final game, players also not blind knowing it's their positional coaches final game, CCU off for 14 days prior to our game (rest injuries and game plan), and CCU had a grudge vs Southern.

  6. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    I don't think it was a lack of focus. One thing I haven't seen on here is that us and CCU run the same style of offense. I believe that was lot of the issue. They practiced against their own offense for two weeks and it showed. They played disciplined football against us. The USA and ULL games we could get the corner with werts or with the pitch and we couldn't do it on Saturday.

  7. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I don't think it was a lack of focus. One thing I haven't seen on here is that us and CCU run the same style of offense. I believe that was lot of the issue. They practiced against their own offense for two weeks and it showed. They played disciplined football against us. The USA and ULL games we could get the corner with werts or with the pitch and we couldn't do it on Saturday.
    If true, that would mean that we also practiced against the same style offense all week. I do not see an advantage for CCU in that respect.

  8. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    I hear you and don’t disagree on your assessment for Saturday’s game. But using that same logic, shouldn’t we give those same coordinators the credit for the two wins?

    This is how the last three weeks have played out here, Facebook, and Twitter.

    We win - Lunsford is the man.
    We win - Lunsford is awesome.

    We lose - coordinators are terrible.
    I can only explain my own point-of-view... I thought/think CL is better, much better (than TS), but not "the man," or "awesome" relative to HC skills.

  9. #19

    Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    If true, that would mean that we also practiced against the same style offense all week. I do not see an advantage for CCU in that respect.
    A full extra week of practice?

    I think it has more to do with the fact that we were running a condensed playbook to maximize execution in the prior 2 games. When you face a team coming off a bye that has time to break down those few plays, you are forced to throw in some wrenches, that we likely were not prepared to throw.

    Im starting to think TK made this hire beforw this game to reduce the odds of CCL losing the fan base hype. Imagine if he waited until after this game and still hired CCL after that momentum was lost.

  10. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

    I'd say a huge advantage. Your right about a condensed playbook though. Now imagine chadwell taking their offense and running the same plays for two weeks against their defense, I'd say he would be hot if they couldn't stop it. Their linebackers and secondary played the qb and pitch man as good as auburn did IMO.

Similar Threads

  1. Video - Lunsford and TK on Lunsford hire
    By BullochHLN in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th November 2017, 02:19 AM
  2. Whiniest Fan Base Ever
    By GSU08 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31st October 2015, 08:56 AM
  3. GS Professors to get base pay and raises
    By 1peatfor7 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19th January 2014, 06:26 PM
  4. This Fan Base.
    By BossDev/Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd December 2013, 04:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •