SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

1. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

I agree about TK hiring CCL. Do it on high note if you believe he is the right one for the job.

Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Yup..

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Dumb article. Time to get behind the man until we see how next season starts. All of this maybe, what-if, etc.. means nothing. We lost the last game and there were many factors at play that caused it. CCL has a whole offseason to get everyone on the same page, so its totally unfair to plant doubt because of 1 game with coaches knowing they were on the way out. Next season will be CCL's to own, for better or worse. Articles like this aren't helpful at all and smacks of almost being a "hit piece", but I guess that's what sells. Deen loved him for several weeks and now is trying to plant doubt about him for a loss under these unusual circumstances. Someone needs to limit his access to the program if this is going to be his regular shtick.
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    I hear you and don’t disagree on your assessment for Saturday’s game. But using that same logic, shouldn’t we give those same coordinators the credit for the two wins?

This is how the last three weeks have played out here, Facebook, and Twitter.

We win - Lunsford is the man.
    We win - Lunsford is awesome.

We lose - coordinators are terrible.
    Yuuuuuppp....

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Dumb article. Time to get behind the man until we see how next season starts. All of this maybe, what-if, etc.. means nothing. We lost the last game and there were many factors at play that caused it. CCL has a whole offseason to get everyone on the same page, so its totally unfair to plant doubt because of 1 game with coaches knowing they were on the way out. Next season will be CCL's to own, for better or worse. Articles like this aren't helpful at all and smacks of almost being a "hit piece", but I guess that's what sells. Deen loved him for several weeks and now is trying to plant doubt about him for a loss under these unusual circumstances. Someone needs to limit his access to the program if this is going to be his regular shtick.
    Not a huge fan of his work but the article was honest and it is not his job to be the GS SID and or rah rah.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    I hear you and don’t disagree on your assessment for Saturday’s game. But using that same logic, shouldn’t we give those same coordinators the credit for the two wins?

This is how the last three weeks have played out here, Facebook, and Twitter.

We win - Lunsford is the man.
    We win - Lunsford is awesome.

We lose - coordinators are terrible.
    I have a different take on what probably happened. I'm reacting to a post on the first page of this thread and haven't read the rest yet, so apologies if somebody else already made the same point.

(1) I think the two great games we had, where the players came out of the gate revved up and enthusiastic, may have been partly motivated by the players wanting Lunsford to be hired. The chants in the locker room after the second victory back this up.

(2) Once the hiring decision was announced, that issue was settled. Now everybody wondered which of the assistants would stay. This changed everything. If the players came out all enthusiastic and charged up against Coastal, it might have looked to a lot of people like maybe we should keep our DC and OC, because now the team was now responding to them.

In other words, probably not consciously but maybe under the surface, the Coastal game was no longer about enthusiasm for Lunsford and now was more about lack of enthusiasm for Cook and Constantini.

I'm not saying this was deliberately planned, or a form of sabotage by the players. But it would be a natural reaction to the chain of events. Enthusiasm for Lunsford was a unifying and rallying force, and that was dissipated after the hire. The players were not motivated to be all hyped up and playing out of their heads for Cook and Constantini, let's put it that way.

The loss at Coastal made it that much easier for Lunsford to sweep out those two coordinators. In that way it was a good thing.

7. Default Re: SMN: Lunsford missed opportunity to reassure fan base

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Right. Lunsford has shown nothing. I'm willing to give him 3 years to dig us out of this **** hole though. That's how bad we are now. With a competent staff and vision for the program we could scrape back to 6-6 in 2018. Said the same last year, but we ****ing bottomed out.
    No way we win six games next season. We'll be lucky to win four. This is a cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    No way we win six games next season. We'll be lucky to win four. This is a cluster.
    Buzz has inspired some imitators. But it's not as entertaining.

Bump this thread next December because I think you're dead wrong, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Not a huge fan of his work but the article was honest and it is not his job to be the GS SID and or rah rah.
    Honest should be a given, not something that's inherently positive. Plus, how do we know it's honest? What does that even mean?

I ask for consistency and a valid perspective.

One gets those things from Aubrey and Anthony. One used to get them from Heath.

Sigh.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    It was honestly skewed. CCL doesn't have his staff in place, therefore it's not ALL CCL's fault. Next year, yes. This year, NO.
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.