SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Coaching Search

Default National Coaching Search

The tried and true (and trite) quote from every AD when there is a coaching change is "We intend to conduct a national search and bring in the very best candidate for our position." Most schools only pay lip service to it and very few actually do it.

One that actually does it is UCF under AD Danny White, a rising superstar AD. He just hired Josh Heipel to replace Scott Frost, the perfect follow up hire to a great coaching hire in Frost in 2015. White also brought Johnny Dawkins to UCF to coach hoops last year.

Some AD's talk the talk, some walk the walk and the results bear it out. Danny White is on fire. Perhaps other AD's we know could take a lesson....

EDIT: White just announced that Heipel is bringing Randy Shannon with him as DC. Wow...

Default Re: National Coaching Search

Yawn...... Isn't there a UCF board somewhere?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    The tried and true (and trite) quote from every AD when there is a coaching change is "We intend to conduct a national search and bring in the very best candidate for our position." Most schools only pay lip service to it and very few actually do it.

One that actually does it is UCF under AD Danny White, a rising superstar AD. He just hired Josh Heipel to replace Scott Frost, the perfect follow up hire to a great coaching hire in Frost in 2015. White also brought Johnny Dawkins to UCF to coach hoops last year.

Some AD's talk the talk, some walk the walk and the results bear it out. Danny White is on fire. Perhaps other AD's we know could take a lesson....

EDIT: White just announced that Heipel is bringing Randy Shannon with him as DC. Wow...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Yawn...... Isn't there a UCF board somewhere?
    I dont know but you can watch them in the access bowl...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: National Coaching Search

White knows what he's doing. Wish I could say the same about...

Yep, UCF has a board and they are going crazy on it as well they should. They are also 12-0 and in a New Year's Six Bowl playing Auburn after playing a thrilling conference championship game on national TV Saturday.

UCF is a peer to GS. The purpose of the post is to draw a comparison to an AD and an athletics department absolutely killing it versus one that is getting killed. If the truth hurts so be it. I remember (and yearn for a return to) a time when GS didn't accept and make excuses for gross underachievement- notice I didn't say mediocrity as that would be an improvement.

Some of you can be happy with the current state because of social considerations (which is the epitome of selfishness) but I want GS to be like UCF, building an indoor practice facility, going 12-0, hiring the hottest coaches in G5, playing in prime time, and getting multi million dollar payouts which keep the cycle going and the program flourishing.

Oh, and guess what? GS has to recruit against that in Central and Northern FL. Remember those couple of OL that flipped on signing day a couple of years ago? They're playing on New Year's Day now.

Personally, I think national searches are overrated, especially at GS. I'm with Buzz: hiring a (GS) coach should be about the easiest thing in the world.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Yep, UCF has a board and they are going crazy on it as well they should. They are also 12-0 and in a New Year's Six Bowl playing Auburn after playing a thrilling conference championship game on national TV Saturday.

UCF is a peer to GS. The purpose of the post is to draw a comparison to an AD and an athletics department absolutely killing it versus one that is getting killed. If the truth hurts so be it. I remember (and yearn for a return to) a time when GS didn't accept and make excuses for gross underachievement- notice I didn't say mediocrity as that would be an improvement.

Some of you can be happy with the current state because of social considerations (which is the epitome of selfishness) but I want GS to be like UCF, building an indoor practice facility, going 12-0, hiring the hottest coaches in G5, playing in prime time, and getting multi million dollar payouts which keep the cycle going and the program flourishing.
    Damn, forgot they had a game canceled so they're only 12-0.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Damn, forgot they had a game canceled so they're only 12-0.
    Yeah, a home game with Georgia Tech. I had planned on going and was bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I dont know but you can watch them in the access bowl...
    No thanks!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987