SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 166

Thread: National Coaching Search

  1. #21

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Must be nice to have an athletics budget north of $45 million, huh?
    Its what happens when you did not linger at the FCS level unnecessarily for years and have an AD that makes great hires.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  2. #22

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Must be nice to have an athletics budget north of $45 million, huh?

    It's a nice hire, but doesn't knock my socks off by any means. Mizzou had one great year of offense and on a year when the SEC East was particularly weak.
    Josh Heupel with Randy Shannon is a very nice combination hire for a G5 school. They have set themselves up to continue their run. Makes me mad thinking about our lost opportunity when Fritz left.

  3. #23

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Its what happens when you did not linger at the FCS level unnecessarily for years and have an AD that makes great hires.
    And over 60,000 students.

  4. #24

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    And over 60,000 students.
    School size has never been correlated with winning, attendance or making good coaching hires that I know of. But I get student fee angle I think you are taking.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  5. #25

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Also saw where Rice hired the dude from Stanford that was supposedly interested in GS.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    41,243

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    And over 60,000 students.
    Wrong sport but Duke has like 4,000 students and is one of top all time basketball programs. Grand Valley State has like 25,000 students and plays DII.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. #27

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Wrong sport but Duke has like 4,000 students and is one of top all time basketball programs. Grand Valley State has like 25,000 students and plays DII.
    a lot more goes into it than just students. Think about the amount of people making $500,000 per year that graduate from Duke each year. That brings in a lot more money than student fees from a 25k student school.

  8. #28

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Also saw where Rice hired the dude from Stanford that was supposedly interested in GS.
    Damn. Dude must be desperate to be a HC.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Old Fourth Ward
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Also saw where Rice hired the dude from Stanford that was supposedly interested in GS.
    We missed the boat on that guy. He even runs his offense under center...

  10. #30

    Default Re: National Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    School size has never been correlated with winning, attendance or making good coaching hires that I know of. But I get student fee angle I think you are taking.
    Yes, the student fee angle is where I am going. They were founded in the 60s, so I doubt they have a huge endowment unless it streams from non-alumni.

Similar Threads

  1. So the National Search ends where it began
    By birdseye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 28th November 2017, 11:57 AM
  2. Replies: 232
    Last Post: 10th January 2014, 11:55 AM
  3. Another National Search
    By eagle_GT in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 01:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •