SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National Coaching Search

Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Damn. Dude must be desperate to be a HC.
    Tyson is getting 25K a month for two years....for sitting at home...good work if you can get it.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Its what happens when you did not linger at the FCS level unnecessarily for years and have an AD that makes great hires.
    We lingered around FCS to long? UCF is in Orlando, GASou in Statesboro. Alot more donors, bigger school(2nd largest public university in the us).

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Yes, the student fee angle is where I am going. They were founded in the 60s, so I doubt they have a huge endowment unless it streams from non-alumni.
    They get a lot of donations from Disney. They also have a rapidly growing medical community to go along with the Orlando tourism. My in laws live near there, and both my wife and her twin sister graduated from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    We lingered around FCS to long? UCF is in Orlando, GASou in Statesboro. Alot more donors, bigger school(2nd largest public university in the us).
    Location or market has never been tied to a teams success either. Donors? you have those numbers when they moved up? We should have joined the Belt when it was launched as we saw zero growth from the last NC. We tripled our budget and with competent coaching won a conference championship and bowl game in our first three years. Imagine where we would be today even with the occasional bad hire and bad AD mixed in. Almost every current AAC team started off in a lower tier conference like USF in the Sun Belt.

I am pretty sure the AAC would have loved to have a team out of GA to snag back in 2013. I mean they took Tulane who was coming off a 2-10 season and had not had a winning season since 2002.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

5. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Location or market has never been tied to a teams success either. Donors? you have those numbers when they moved up? We should have joined the Belt when it was launched as we saw zero growth from the last NC. We tripled our budget and with competent coaching won a conference championship and bowl game in our first three years. Imagine where we would be today even with the occasional bad hire and bad AD mixed in. Almost every current AAC team started off in a lower tier conference like USF in the Sun Belt.

I am pretty sure the AAC would have loved to have a team out of GA to snag back in 2013. I mean they took Tulane who was coming off a 2-10 season and had not had a winning season since 2002.
    Market and donors do go with upgrade in facilities. I never thought i would see back then. The money wasn't there at that point. With more donors and an increase in student fees we were able to do it.

6. Default Re: National Coaching Search

UCF's football program is only a few years older then GS's, we use to dominate them on the field, how did they get so far ahead GS?

Brian Bohannon just named AFCA FCS Coach of the Year.

It would have been nice for our national search to make it out of the 912 area code.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    UCF's football program is only a few years older then GS's, we use to dominate them on the field, how did they get so far ahead GS?
    They moved to FBS earlier and then $$$$$$

9. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Brian Bohannon just named AFCA FCS Coach of the Year
    Big deal, last year Lunsford was named a Broyles Award nominee, Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Big deal, last year Lunsford was named a Broyles Award nominee, Lol.
    Any idiot can be nominated. There were 40 nominees during 2016. If you don’t think it’s a big deal to win (not get nominated) an NCAA Coach of the Year award, maybe I’ll nominate you for a Broyles next year.