SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: National Coaching Search

Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Big deal, last year Lunsford was named a Broyles Award nominee, Lol.
    Nominated vs won...hmmmm....HC award vs assistant award...hmmmm

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Market and donors do go with upgrade in facilities. I never thought i would see back then. The money wasn't there at that point. With more donors and an increase in student fees we were able to do it.
    Market has zero bearing, ask CUSA. Or Hofstra.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Rice hired Mike Bloomgren today. Another one we missed out on. When we fast forward 3 years from now and Rice is better than us, I'm going to weep.

4. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Market has zero bearing, ask CUSA. Or Hofstra.
    Market does have bearing. Look at the town's where those schools are and tell me the populations are. UCF got brought in to the AAC due to there market. That's why I was extremely shocked that Gag St didn't get an invite to CUSA. That market in Atlanta would've been huge for CUSA. We actually fit in the sunbelt for the most part Geographically speaking. It's like the poor man's SEC if I'm being honest.

5. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Rice hired Mike Bloomgren today. Another one we missed out on. When we fast forward 3 years from now and Rice is better than us, I'm going to weep.
    Have you watched Stanford play? Would you be ok with a pro-style offense? I don't think he will win at Rice. It's hard to recruit the type of players you need to run that offense in Texas with all the other schools.

6. Default Re: National Coaching Search

Have you watched Stanford play? Would you be ok with a pro-style offense? I don't think he will win at Rice. It's hard to recruit the type of players you need to run that offense in Texas with all the other schools.
    Rice has more money then they know what to do with, if they decided to apply more of it to athletics then they could be a great program.

I'd be OK with winning. I don't care if we're running the Notre Dame single wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Did you mean to say when he has a 3-33 record we can hire him as a special teams coach in three years?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

GS fans who continue to make asinine comments disparaging the current circumstance should consider the what if. What if our top three candidates chose either not to take the offer or simply had no interest? What if the search was conducted in the best possible manner and yet yielded the current situation?

While you continue to drive your point home about how disappointed you are and how if you could've had your way, recruits are watching.

Can we get this over with and give these guys whining about CCL some kind of award for being the most brilliant, smart, prognosticators in GSUFANS history with the condition that they refrain from posting for 30 days? Please!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    What if our top three candidates chose either not to take the offer or simply had no interest? What if the search was conducted in the best possible manner and yet yielded the current situation?
    I'd consider that a problem.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!