SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt All Conference

Default Re: Sun Belt All Conference

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    The fact we were 2-10 is pretty good evidence we didn't have good players. And all conference teams are supposed to be stocked with good players. Hence, the low number of guys we placed on the all conference team. Kind of makes sense when you think about it.
    It makes sense for us to not fill the list with guys, but shafting our standout corner doesn't make sense. I don't expect us to have a ton of folks across the board, but there is no logical sense as to why Brinson isn't 1st team.

2. Default Re: Sun Belt All Conference

Bass is best kicker in the Belt.

The fact we were 2-10 is pretty good evidence we didn't have good players. And all conference teams are supposed to be stocked with good players. Hence, the low number of guys we placed on the all conference team. Kind of makes sense when you think about it
    Here's a fun experinent...try to find rookie NFL running back with better stats than Matt Breida who didn't even rush for 4 ypc last year. You won't find another. That's just sorry-*** coaching.

And that awful coaching destroys player stats, which pretty much is a big part of what drives these awards.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

The fact we were 2-10 is pretty good evidence we didn't have good players. And all conference teams are supposed to be stocked with good players. Hence, the low number of guys we placed on the all conference team. Kind of makes sense when you think about it.
    You must not have watched many games this year. Brinson is a future NFL cornerback without a doubt. Saturday when he cramped up was the first time I can ever remember seeing him get beat.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Bass is best kicker in the Belt.
    Yup

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    You must not have watched many games this year. Brinson is a future NFL cornerback without a doubt. Saturday when he cramped up was the first time I can ever remember seeing him get beat.
    Brinson was first team in any league but if you look at the list it was tilted towards upperclassmen, I get that.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Doesn’t even matter, cause Brinson is gonna be 1st team the next 2 years to make up for it, and be a 2nd round pick next year

Brinson and Vildor on the first team next year.

Sorry, Howard . . . I mean Clifton.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

9. Default Re: Sun Belt All Conference

Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchEagle View Post
    Doesn’t even matter, cause Brinson is gonna be 1st team the next 2 years to make up for it, and be a 2nd round pick next year
    How can he accomplish, both?

I hope to see WKIII and Cooper on the list next year, maybe DCjr. However, IMO if we hope to get back to glory, we need to start seeing some OL on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    How can he accomplish, both?

I hope to see WKIII and Cooper on the list next year, maybe DCjr. However, IMO if we hope to get back to glory, we need to start seeing some OL on that list.
    If we can get the scheme straightened out and tie the techniques to the scheme, we will see some of our current OL on the list.

We have a roster full of guys who could make these teams with better coaching and team results, though we'll still get screwed because we're Georgia Southern. Breida needs an official apology for never winning POTY or OPOTY.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown