SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Default Re: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

I’m liking the changes so far. We simply have to rebuild the staff and learn how to run a football team. It will be painful, but I like the ability of some of these guys and if CCL thinks they can all work together and make GS great again, I’m all in. Well, at least until we play the first game. I think this team will have a BAD case of the wants next year, and if the coaches can harness that, we’ve definitely got something.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    While I can question some of TK's decisions over the past 2-3 years, I'm not holding him (or Herbert) as 100% accountable to where we are as a FB program. Losing Dr. Keel was a big blow to the momentum we'd built during our exit from FCS, and we are still one of the worst funded programs out there. You can only make so many silk purses out of sow's ears...until we get some money in the coffers we're not going anywhere. And yes, markets do matter, but only if you have a marketable product. That's why GaSt hasn't gone anywhere (yet).
    Ehh as of 2015-2016 we were 94th out of 230 DIV I institutions and 4th in the Sun Belt I think we might be 2nd or 3rd in the Belt now but who knows with the way things have gone the last three seasons. We are about to add 3-4M with Armstrong if my math is correct. That would put us better than just about all non football and FCS schools and above the median for the G5 I believe.

Washington State was the lowest P5 at 58M and UCONN was the highest G5 at 79M. ULM the lowest G5 football program at 14M...how do they do it?

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Whatever... can we just not use BVG and sexy together ever again please? Thay would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    UCF has one good year, now everyone thinks they are so amazing. Reminds me of the hype last year around the school Fleck left and Boise State before that.
    Pretty sure 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014 were good years as well.....someone fact check me on that.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Ehh as of 2015-2016 we were 94th out of 230 DIV I institutions and 4th in the Sun Belt I think we might be 2nd or 3rd in the Belt now but who knows with the way things have gone the last three seasons. We are about to add 3-4M with Armstrong if my math is correct. That would put us better than just about all non football and FCS schools and above the median for the G5 I believe.

Washington State was the lowest P5 at 58M and UCONN was the highest G5 at 79M. ULM the lowest G5 football program at 14M...how do they do it?

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
    Ok...but do any of you really want to keep comparing ourselves to our SubBelt brethren? The schools that the masses seem to be frothing at the mouth over (UCF, Boise State, etc.) all are from larger markets than us and have mo money, too. I'm hoping that with the $3-4M we add from Armstrong we can add 2,500-4,000 game-day attending fans and about 1,000 new season ticket holders.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    UCF has one good year, now everyone thinks they are so amazing. Reminds me of the hype last year around the school Fleck left and Boise State before that.
    UCF and Boise have been consistently good since the late 2000's. UCF had a terrible year in 2015, but were very competitive the years before.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Pretty sure 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014 were good years as well.....someone fact check me on that.
    Don't know the years specifically, but yes, UCF has been good for a while.

Let's get back the old ticket holders myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by rbostic218 View Post
    Let's get back the old ticket holders myself included.
    That would be a ticket holders decision. I am not sure what you mean.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Anybody that doesn't think our paltry donor base doesn't affect ALL of this in some way, I just don't know what to tell ya.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31