SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Default Re: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Anybody that doesn't think our paltry donor base doesn't affect ALL of this in some way, I just don't know what to tell ya.
    Our less than forthcoming donor base is an issue
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Hrbert and or TK have gone on record about that Armstrong fees will not help us with funding as much as we seem to think. Remember anyone who choose to stay and graduate, will still receive their scholarship. Who knows what kind of debt they are in with facilities. Guess who gets to pay that debt now?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Don't know the years specifically, but yes, UCF has been good for a while.
    Yes, the American Conference has only been around for like 5 years and I believe UCF has won it 3 times already. For a team GS use to beat up on in 1AA they have turned into a good program.

4. Default Re: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Hrbert and or TK have gone on record about that Armstrong fees will not help us with funding as much as we seem to think. Remember anyone who choose to stay and graduate, will still receive their scholarship. Who knows what kind of debt they are in with facilities. Guess who gets to pay that debt now?
    My impression from TK's comments were really more of a delayed timing for those Armstrong fees. I felt like we will realize that additional funding, just not as soon as we would like to think, but I could be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yes, the American Conference has only been around for like 5 years and I believe UCF has won it 3 times already. For a team GS use to beat up on in 1AA they have turned into a good program.
    Don't forget the AAC is the old Big East football conference with new schools to replace those poached by P5 conferences.

Also, they have a strong campaign right now to consider themselves the 6th power confernce and are referring to the "P6"

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Ok...but do any of you really want to keep comparing ourselves to our SubBelt brethren? The schools that the masses seem to be frothing at the mouth over (UCF, Boise State, etc.) all are from larger markets than us and have mo money, too. I'm hoping that with the $3-4M we add from Armstrong we can add 2,500-4,000 game-day attending fans and about 1,000 new season ticket holders.
    Four years in the FBS sure when most have been in the FBS longer. Good measuring stick as of now. 35M+/- puts us in good G5 company especially being so young in the FBS. Just saying we are not ULM and just getting our feet wet unlike most of the G5's if this was our tenth year in I would be worried at 33M+/- which is the last number I heard.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

7. Default Re: FBS school making moves on a FCS scale

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Don't forget the AAC is the old Big East football conference with new schools to replace those poached by P5 conferences.

Also, they have a strong campaign right now to consider themselves the 6th power confernce and are referring to the "P6"
    That is true, so maybe I should say that UCF has only been in the conference for like 5 years and I believe already won it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    My impression from TK's comments were really more of a delayed timing for those Armstrong fees. I felt like we will realize that additional funding, just not as soon as we would like to think, but I could be incorrect.
    I wonder if we'll use those Armstrong student fees to pay off their stadium debt? Could be way TK has been saying that.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Don't know the years specifically, but yes, UCF has been good for a while.
    Was being facetious as anyone that follows college football knows they have had many good seasons, throw in 2009 as a decent year as well....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otball_seasons Google

I would imagine next year and many that follow will be good as well.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    UCF has one good year, now everyone thinks they are so amazing. Reminds me of the hype last year around the school Fleck left and Boise State before that.
    Except that they defeated the Big 12 Champion in the BCS Fiesta Bowl in 2013 and finished in the top 10. They also won the Liberty Bowl over UGA in 2010.