Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Championship Coke Bottles

1. Default Championship Coke Bottles

Any of you selling any National Championship Coca-Cola bottles?

I can find them on e-bay sometimes, but I figured I'd try here too.

I need some good office decor

2. Default

A friend bought me the 1986 bottle last year. Now I'd love to get the other 5. Were bottles ever made for the 1999 & 2000 championship years?

My dad found the 1986 bottle at a garage sale last year and gave it to me for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle_97 View Post
    A friend bought me the 1986 bottle last year. Now I'd love to get the other 5. Were bottles ever made for the 1999 & 2000 championship years?

99 yes, 2000 no.

I have a set of 1999 bottles. I don't have room for them in my new house. I had a "man's den" in my old house and don't in this one.

6. Default

I've got several. PM me.

Coastal GA -- until I can back to Upstate

I've got most of them -- some of the older ones pop up in some of those antique malls around Statesboro from time to time.
    Anyhow, as I type this I'm looking at one in my office from the 1986 year. It has the Eagles 1986 championship season schedule on one side with scores and on the other has a cartoon Erk leaning against a Coke bottle.

On the neck it says 1985-1986 national champions and down at the drawing of Erk it says "Erk's Eagles are #1."

I don't want to sell it, but my question to those who would know is this: was there another version of the 1986 bottle produced?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue View Post
    I don't want to sell it, but my question to those who would know is this: was there another version of the 1986 bottle produced?
    As far as I know there isn't another version. That is the only one I've ever seen or heard about.

We didn't buy enough 1999 bottles so Coke didn't bother making a 2000 bottle. I thought I heard they need to sell 500 to break even and didn't even come close.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I like the 6 pack of the 1999 bottles. These bottles are smaller than the other years and the logo/design is small and basic on the bottle themselves, but the 6 pack carrying case is cool, it shows Greg Hill running. The 1985 and 1986 are still my favorites, and the fact that the 1989 one is a Pepsi bottle and not Coke is funny as well.