SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Curry @ my Chick-fil-a

Default Michael Curry @ my Chick-fil-a

This past week, I got a chance to speak with Michael Curry at my Chick-fil-a. I am a manager and was doing some 2nd Mile service out in the dining room. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a rather tall and nicely dressed gentleman standing by the condiment bar. It was Michael Curry and a friend. I had not seen him in years. He was a Senior at GSU when I was an incoming Freshman. Time has not changed his quiet and soft spoken demeanor or his ability to communicate on a "personal" level. He did not talk NBA or about his personal accomplishments. We just spoke of everyday life. We did however touch on the current state of GSU BBall with CY at the helm as well as discuss fond memories of teams and players of the past. He believes that we are in very capable hands and is extremely excited about the near future of the team and its prospects.

I love me some Michael Curry. He has accomplished so much as a person, player and coach. Michael has respresented GSU athletics in the highest and most positive light. We need more student-athletes like him!!
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Default Re: Michael Curry @ my Chick-fil-a

Which Chick Fil a was this if you don't mind me asking? That's pretty cool and thanks for sharing.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Which Chick Fil a was this if you don't mind me asking? That's pretty cool and thanks for sharing.
    Hey Peat. Nice to hear from you. I work at the one at the corner of Sugarloaf and Satellite Blvd. Know where it is? If so, come by and say hello. It would be put a face with a name and nice to see another GSU brother!
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    He believes that we are in very capable hands and is extremely excited about the near future of the team and its prospects.
    What else would he say?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    What else would he say?
    Not sure my man. Since you obviously would expect him to say it, why the response?
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA

eagle 95 just ignore him....there are about 3 or 4 on here I never respond to...not worthy my effort or my time. They only know negative in their lives.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    eagle 95 just ignore him....there are about 3 or 4 on here I never respond to...not worthy my effort or my time. They only know negative in their lives.
    That's not being negative. Getting excited over someone saying our program is in good hands is the equivalent of getting excited over coach speak.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    Agreed.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA

That's not being negative. Getting excited over someone saying our program is in good hands is the equivalent of getting excited over coach speak.
    You are correct. I was excited over Michael's "coach speak". He is a former player and huge supporter of his Alma Mater and apt to only say positive things about the state of the program. More than likely, he was spreading good will. I was spreading his good will to all readers who dig it. Our program needs lots of it and I am optimistic by nature.

Are you on board with Michael or have a differing opinion?
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    Sugar Hill, GA

10. Default Re: Michael Curry @ my Chick-fil-a

neg·a·tive   [neg-uh-tiv] Show IPA adjective, noun, adverb, verb,-tived, -tiv·ing, interjection

lacking in constructiveness, helpfulness, optimism, cooperativeness, or the like

—Synonyms
    6. uncooperative, antagonistic, hostile, gsu_paintballer.

On topic, that's a cool story. It's funny how you'll see people stop through your store that you know of. I work in retail right now, and have had several coaches and players from the Southern Conference stop through my store.
    Jordan Wilson
    @ GSU from 2005-2008
    KSU c/o 2012 Computer Science