PDA

View Full Version : Avatar and Signatures

GSUrebel
1st September 2010, 02:01 PM
I can't get my Avatar or my XBOX gamercard signature to show up anymore? Any idea why that happened?

Eagle22
1st September 2010, 08:34 PM
Probably a permission setting (ugh). Let me check into it, and I'll get back with you.

GSUrebel
1st September 2010, 08:44 PM
I've noticed that the people that are 2010-2011 donors have lost their avatars, don't know if that will help you figure it out.

EagleSC
1st September 2010, 11:06 PM
I've noticed that the people that are 2010-2011 donors have lost their avatars, don't know if that will help you figure it out.

Good call on that. I hadn't even noticed that mine was gone.

Eagle22
2nd September 2010, 02:12 PM
See if you can fix your signature now. Still working on the avatar issue.

GSUrebel
2nd September 2010, 02:51 PM
See if you can fix your signature now. Still working on the avatar issue.

It still didn't work...under the signature permissions everything is set to no expect for can upload images for signatures.

The XBOX image I had been using uses BBCode and that is one of the permissions set to no

Eagle22
2nd September 2010, 03:52 PM
It still didn't work...under the signature permissions everything is set to no expect for can upload images for signatures.

The XBOX image I had been using uses BBCode and that is one of the permissions set to no

Okay, I'll check them again.

This software has board permissions, user permissions, group permissions and &^*% permissions.

the &^*% permissions are the ones that are causing me problems :)

Some of the group permissions override user or board permissions, and it it proving difficult to see which have top level authority.

scoobyblue
2nd September 2010, 06:47 PM
I thought new technology was supposed to make things easier....

GSUrebel
2nd September 2010, 08:39 PM
Okay, I'll check them again.

This software has board permissions, user permissions, group permissions and &^*% permissions.

the &^*% permissions are the ones that are causing me problems :)

Some of the group permissions override user or board permissions, and it it proving difficult to see which have top level authority.

Sounds like a giant cluster...you know the rest :)

GSC75
6th September 2010, 12:08 PM
I thought new technology was supposed to make things easier....

you are kidding? Our school district is jamming "new" technology down our throat and it's taking 3 times as long to get anything done...

PrinterEagle
6th September 2010, 02:17 PM
you are kidding? Our school district is jamming "new" technology down our throat and it's taking 3 times as long to get anything done...

I remember some comedian making a joke about being in a department store and couldn't check out and leave because "The computer is down" and the kid behind the counter didn't know what to do. Whereas 30 years ago, they checked you out with pen & paper. If it went down, they grabbed another pen and you were on your way. :)

Eagle22
7th September 2010, 06:35 PM
GSC75, EagleSC, PrinterEagle ....

see if you can access the Eagle's Nest and the stories on the front page (all of them)

I have figured out how to restore your avatars and signatures.

GSUrebel, I'm still working on yours. Your stuff is displaying on the backend in the admin panel, but somewhere there is a permission blocking your signature. This crap is rather frustrating. Sorry it is taking a while.

I set up a new usergroup (TEST) to work out these permissions before I switch all the donors over to it.

Eagle22
7th September 2010, 07:20 PM
Rebel, try resetting your pics in your avatar and signature to what you want. I think it is fixed now.

PrinterEagle
7th September 2010, 07:53 PM
GSC75, EagleSC, PrinterEagle ....

see if you can access the Eagle's Nest and the stories on the front page (all of them)

I have figured out how to restore your avatars and signatures.

GSUrebel, I'm still working on yours. Your stuff is displaying on the backend in the admin panel, but somewhere there is a permission blocking your signature. This crap is rather frustrating. Sorry it is taking a while.

I set up a new usergroup (TEST) to work out these permissions before I switch all the donors over to it.

I was able to view the Eagle's Nest, and all stories on the front page, except for "Consistancy is key for the Eagles"

PrinterEagle
7th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Yep. That works now.

(Still can't see RSS feeds, btw.)

Eagle22
7th September 2010, 08:32 PM
RSS feeds will never be viewable through the forum. It is a quirk, to the way the software is written. It is a weird heirarchy of permissions .... apparently the coders wrote the software to use the RSS feeds in a different way than I anticipated using them.

That is the next project to tackle.

EagleSC
7th September 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm good on everything. Thanks for looking into that!

GSUrebel
8th September 2010, 11:38 AM
Rebel, try resetting your pics in your avatar and signature to what you want. I think it is fixed now.

Everything is working now, thanks Paul!!

Claydus
21st June 2011, 10:05 PM
is there something still going on with this? I can change my location and fav team but not my sig. I there a button that I am missing?

cannonballgsu
21st June 2011, 10:17 PM
is there something still going on with this? I can change my location and fav team but not my sig. I there a button that I am missing?

When you go to edit profile there is a pane on the left that says my settings. It will have edit profile, Profile picture, avatar and sig.

Claydus
27th June 2011, 05:16 PM
When you go to edit profile there is a pane on the left that says my settings. It will have edit profile, Profile picture, avatar and sig.
Nah don't see it.... is it because my membership expired?

Eagle22
1st July 2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/profile.php?do=editoptions

visit this link, and you can also enable or disable the display of signatures. Signature images are set to display on default. I do understand there are some signatures that either are large files to load, take up a lot of viewing space, or are otherwise within our terms of service but deemed offensive by the individual viewer. So there are individual options to have the board present to your viewing preference.

We once had some stipulations on the signatures, and probably will bring part of that back to ensure that signatures do not exceed a certain height and width.

I've had two people request how to block all images, and that can also be done through the individual user panels.

Additionally, individual users can always be added to a user's ignore list, if the image route is not the only issue.

Some of the menus to access options have changed with the code revision. I'm not 100% sure where all the individual user settings are .... but there is a lot of individual control on what is displayed and viewed.