View Full Version : Longtime Glynn coach [Frank Inman] Dies

PrinterEagle
4th November 2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/local_news/Inman

Longtime Glynn coach dies
11/4/2008

By DAVE JORDAN
The Brunswick News
Frank E. Inman, longtime football coach and former Glynn County schools athletic director, passed away Monday evening from kidney and heart failure at hospice.
Inman, a native of Augusta and 1940 graduate of Richmond Academy (now the Academy of Richmond County), coached football at his alma mater, where he was 51-11-4 in six seasons as head coach, leading his team to the Class AAA state title in 1956. He later served as an assistant football coach at the University of Georgia from 1962 to 1979. He holds degrees from both Presbyterian College and Duke University.
He was the Glynn schools' athletic director from 1979 to 1986 and was instrumental in the construction of Glynn County Stadium as well as the installation of lights at Edo Miller Park. He was also the executive director of the Sea Island Company Golden Isles Bowl Classic from its inception in 1996 through 2007 and director of the Georgia High School Association's highest classification state golf tournament, held each spring on Jekyll Island.

boroblue
4th November 2008, 10:57 AM
While some did not care for Frank's broadcast style as Nate's right hand man he was a devoted True Blue Eagle. He was a great ambassador for GSU football. I did like his on air comments. Frank was among those very instrumemtal in getting Erk at GSU. I am truly saddened at his passing. Rest in Peace Frank.

BoroNative
4th November 2008, 11:06 AM
Boy Howdy! RIP Frank!

EagleSC
4th November 2008, 12:08 PM
Boy Howdy! RIP Frank!

Times 2!

BOY HOWDY FRANK!

Bleu
4th November 2008, 12:47 PM
And likewise 'Boy Howdy' from me also.

Deltapine
4th November 2008, 01:11 PM
Don't forget "Geee Manetti!"

RIP Mr. Inman :(

GSUEoghan
4th November 2008, 01:12 PM
Tell Erk we said hi, Frank!

We shall all meet by and by.

Reuben Kincaid
4th November 2008, 04:16 PM
A truly unsung hero of Georgia Southern football.
RIP, Coach.