PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to let you know.........

Eaglegus2
7th November 2008, 06:37 PM
that a great Georgia Southern fan/supporter had open heart surgery today. Doc had a triple by-pass. At 1:30pm, he was still in recovery.

Doc is part of the "move the chain" crew. We have tailgated beside him for 7 years.

We want to wish Doc a speedy recovery and let him know he is in our prayers.

If anyone has any updates on Doc would you please let us know.

gataman
7th November 2008, 07:35 PM
Yes...please keep Doc and his family in your prayers.....

Raptor23
7th November 2008, 08:48 PM
Done..... GB....

GSC75
7th November 2008, 08:58 PM
aww man...Doc and I sat together at the app state game..., one of the best times I've ever had at a GSU game...even though we didn't win. Doc had us all fired up. Prayers that everything goes well.

just for info - not considered open-heart - my Dad had triple by-pass surgery TWICE - did well both times. Crusty old so and so like Doc.

BoroNative
7th November 2008, 09:43 PM
Prayers sent...

Move The Chains for Doc!

blueballs
8th November 2008, 05:18 AM
OMG!!!!!

Doc's seats are right behind me at the home games and I've enjoyed his company very much the past few years. We're gonna' have to man up and get one for him Saturday...

If Doc happens to see this Penny and I send our prayers and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Brdyz
8th November 2008, 08:07 AM
I don't remember a game without Doc behind me. It's not going to be the same today.

GSC75
8th November 2008, 06:24 PM
passing along what I heard (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) Doc was in a private room today and resting well. There MIGHT be the possibility of a pacemaker, but that was still in question.

gataman
8th November 2008, 10:28 PM
That was the last we heard...he was resting in his priviate room....will pass on anything else we hear.....thanks for all the prayers.......

GATA!!

donk1100
9th November 2008, 07:43 AM
rest up doc,,,we need you back for next season,,,,donk

Bleu
10th November 2008, 09:24 AM
Doc ... echoing what others have said.

Godspeed.

McEagle
10th November 2008, 09:39 AM
Doc ... echoing what others have said.

Godspeed.

Welcome to the club Doc I had a quadruple 10 years ago. Our prayers for you. Hope you are feeling ok.

BTW are you going to the Furman game.

Booster EYES
10th November 2008, 09:51 AM
Gataman, y'all keep us posted on Doc's progress. I was told yesterday that he should go home on Tuesday or Wednesday, so someone let us know.

Also, if anyone has Doc's address, please PM me.

Thanks!!

Bleu
10th November 2008, 12:55 PM
Gataman, y'all keep us posted on Doc's progress. I was told yesterday that he should go home on Tuesday or Wednesday, so someone let us know.

Also, if anyone has Doc's address, please PM me.

Thanks!!

Yeah and send me a PM also.

Eaglegus2
10th November 2008, 03:57 PM
PM me as well his address

1peatfor7
10th November 2008, 04:05 PM
Glad to hear he is recovering well!!

gataman
10th November 2008, 06:05 PM
First of all...thanks to everyone for their prayers and thoughts for Doc and his family during this time of healing.....there is no greater Georgia Southern Footbal fan than Doc....I believe since GSU started back footback in the early 80's....Doc has missed 5 football games including this past Saturday....and that includes EVERY game played....whether home or AWAY for more than 25 years....only deaths in the family or a 'stupid' football season wedding (whatever happened to June weddings....:)...and his open heart surgery have kept him away from his beloved Eagles......he is doing fine.....and will be home either tomorrow or Wednesday....although for a 69 year old....his recovery will take some time for sure....myself and DJ will be stopping by his house for a quick hello on this Sunday when we return from the Furman game....anyone who would like for us to drop off a card or anything for Doc, we would be more than happy to do that for you....we will be tailgaiting with several of the Red Flag crew this weekend.......anyone wanting his mailing address...please PM me.......during last weeks game....DJ got a call that Doc was sitting up in a chair in his room wanting to know the score of the game.......as much as I bleed blue....after I heard that....the outcome of the game really didn't matter to me....the friends we make every year attending the games means much much more than the score of a game.....again...thanks to eveyone for their prayers.......I look forward again to hearing Doc screaming at the top of lungs in Paulson Stadium...."MOVE THE CHAINS...MOVE THE CHAINS...MOVE THE CHAINS.....I BELIEVE THAT'S ANOTHER GEORGIA SOUTHERN ......FIRST DOWN!!!!!"......

Gata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!