PDA

View Full Version : New Football Facility

Pages : [1] 2 3

Erksgirl
25th April 2011, 11:15 AM
http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/facilities/buildings/future/NewFootballFacility.html

Klak
25th April 2011, 11:28 AM
Start Date: Projected October 2011
Completion Date: Projected August 2012

We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.

eaglewraith
25th April 2011, 11:29 AM
Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.

Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it :(

cannonballgsu
25th April 2011, 11:30 AM

We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.

Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

Klak
25th April 2011, 11:31 AM
Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

http://www.gorillafart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/if-serious1.jpg

1peatfor7
25th April 2011, 11:44 AM
Glad to see the hall of fame get a spot in this facility.

I know this is a super secret project but it's going to be named "1peatfor7 Fieldhouse." Dr Keel shut down my original name for it "Post Ho Hall."

Walt3412
25th April 2011, 01:14 PM
Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.

Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it :(

I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lou/galleries/general_pjcs_060205/pjcsemptycornervieww-lg.jpg

http://huntconstructiongroup.com/landmarks/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/PJCS1.jpg

Eagle22
25th April 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lou/galleries/general_pjcs_060205/pjcsemptycornervieww-lg.jpg

Hmm ... (hint) ... that endzone building design looks kind of similar (not identical - that one is much wider in the middle) both in footprint and shape .... I would not be surprised though if the total width our building will be on scale similar to the back width of that building.

EagleSC
25th April 2011, 01:57 PM
Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....

greyfacemask
25th April 2011, 02:11 PM
Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....

will there be any game seating or boxes included in the design? I know there is a waiting list for the current boxes.

cannonballgsu
25th April 2011, 02:11 PM

So, do you want the Louisville field house at Paulson?

cannonballgsu
25th April 2011, 02:12 PM
will there be any game seating or boxes included in the design? I know there is a waiting list for the current boxes.

From what I understand, there isn't going to be any seating added at this time, just a field house.

Hail The Blue
25th April 2011, 02:12 PM

Now we are talking!

TCM
25th April 2011, 03:16 PM
Not complaining but if we do build a building of this size and do not add any additional seating the stadium is going to look way out of whack with two large buildings at each end zone and 15,000 seats.

The_Eagles_Cliff
25th April 2011, 06:38 PM
Not complaining but if we do build a building of this size and do not add any additional seating the stadium is going to look way out of whack with two large buildings at each end zone and 15,000 seats.

Seating expansion is part of the overall plan.

TCM
25th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Seating expansion is part of the overall plan.

What year?

half-n-half
25th April 2011, 08:20 PM
What year?

My guess would be the 2013 season.

The_Eagles_Cliff
25th April 2011, 09:12 PM
What year?

Everything is contingent on how well the fundraising goes. 2013 or 2014 looks about right to me, but it's just a guess. The Strategic Plan will hopefully be released soon so everyone can get excited. Right now is a busy time at the school with Commencement in less than three weeks along with the fiscal year-end.

Large Marge
25th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Here's a size reference. The new Mcneese st. Facility is approximately 35k sq. feet. I recommend checking that out.

pleahy1
25th April 2011, 10:39 PM
So like McNeese's except fully 2 story instead of one story with a second story afterthought?

EagleSC
26th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Here's a size reference. The new Mcneese st. Facility is approximately 35k sq. feet. I recommend checking that out.

know where one can find a picture of that?

ForgottenEagle
26th April 2011, 01:07 AM
http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/nich10tgfh2.jpg

Hail The Blue
26th April 2011, 05:43 AM

Wow, we are getting 15ksqft MORE then that? That's an impressive building to begin with!!

gataeagles7
26th April 2011, 07:10 AM

Can anyone reference an existing college football stadium with two separate endzone buildings? I can't think of one. I was trying to Google some pics but I didn't find anything.

Joseph
26th April 2011, 07:30 AM
I like being unique honestly if we are, which I doubt.

But I agree, I can't think of another stadium that has two buildings.

StudentEagleFan
26th April 2011, 09:23 AM
Can anyone reference an existing college football stadium with two separate endzone buildings? I can't think of one. I was trying to Google some pics but I didn't find anything.

Funny, I cant think of too many other teams with 6 National Titles either. Guess we are just going to be different...

Eagle22
26th April 2011, 10:59 AM
Wow, we are getting 15ksqft MORE then that? That's an impressive building to begin with!!

Should be about the same size as the McNeese building.

Maybe the Cowboy fans who post here can correct me, but I am pretty sure there was an existing 15K single story building there before, and that new construction up and over tied together with the old brought it to around 50K. In reading a little bit online at various articles, that is what I found ... the new construction brought the total square footage to around 49K sq ft.

Impressive facility.

1peatfor7
26th April 2011, 11:16 AM
I like being unique honestly if we are, which I doubt.

But I agree, I can't think of another stadium that has two buildings.

Funny, I cant think of too many other teams with 6 National Titles either. Guess we are just going to be different...

So in others we're passing everyone else by. Nothing wrong with being the first. The Bishop was supposedly built to be able to have stands come up right next to it. I just hope like we did with Bishop we are able to add floors if necessary and incorporate future seating.

CJEaglefan
26th April 2011, 07:06 PM
Let's not get the cart before the horse . Ground breaking will happen only after the first four million of the ten million to complete the project is raised . Additional seating will be done with different funds . Additional seats on both ends and both sides first ( gone will be the hills) . Then a deck on the student side with boxes or reserved seating underneath .

DawgGoneEagle
27th April 2011, 06:23 PM
Coastal's Adkins Field is listed at "over 50,000 sq ft. maybe that is a descent analog.

Joseph
27th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Let's not get the cart before the horse . Ground breaking will happen only after the first four million of the ten million to complete the project is raised . Additional seating will be done with different funds . Additional seats on both ends and both sides first ( gone will be the hills) . Then a deck on the student side with boxes or reserved seating underneath .

According to more than one person that works in this field, we are going to deck before we do anything else.

BoroNative
27th April 2011, 07:48 PM
The whole interview is good, but athletics start around 6:30.

http://www.wtoc.com/global/category.asp?c=153752&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5795138

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=864751;hostDomain=www.wtoc.com; playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;c lipId=5795138;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;ad vertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandi ngPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDs cript;controlsType=overlay"></script>

EaglesFlyFBS
28th April 2011, 07:15 PM
Looking at the Louisville Endzone building I now can appreciate the design drawings that I've seen. Initially I was a bit disapointed with the rounded nature or curvature of the building. Seeing the Louisville building it appears to be a square peg in a round hole. Our design would look MUCH better in that stadium.

DawgGoneEagle
28th April 2011, 07:56 PM

Nice Press Box too.

feardaeagle
28th April 2011, 08:07 PM
Looking at the Louisville Endzone building I now can appreciate the design drawings that I've seen. Initially I was a bit disapointed with the rounded nature or curvature of the building. Seeing the Louisville building it appears to be a square peg in a round hole. Our design would look MUCH better in that stadium.

According to Hank Johnson, this stadium will most likely tip over due to the heavy side of it.

Dave.
28th April 2011, 08:13 PM
According to Hank Johnson, this stadium will most likely tip over due to the heavy side of it.

Nah, the stadium is attached to the ground.

It's not like it's an island or anything.

OneMoreTime
28th April 2011, 08:39 PM

That's funny.

Eagle22
28th April 2011, 08:43 PM
According to more than one person that works in this field, we are going to deck before we do anything else.

Wouldn't put too much stock in that.

For starters, building on the ground is likely less costly, unless we go the tinker-toy aluminum decking route (I hope not, but who knows).

Second, while seats beyond goal line are farther away from opposite end action, they are in closer proximity to the field itself. Some might say those are better seats to have and it would also make sense to expand outward first before you get into decking anything, that way when you deck you have the full lower bowl footprint already established.

Just my $0.02 ... nothing 'in the know' intended.

EagleBlood
29th April 2011, 09:57 AM

The renderings and floor plans I've seen(the ones Keel is showing) are of a squared building, not curved.

Eagle22
29th April 2011, 10:27 AM
The renderings and floor plans I've seen(the ones Keel is showing) are of a squared building, not curved.

The original poster might have been referring to the curved central portion, or arched look of the integrated scoreboard relative to the building. As noted before, the schematic that Dr. Keel has shown in his presentation is not a square building, but actually rectangular with additional offsets. The Louisville endzone building is very similar in footprint, save the outermost offsets.

gataman
29th April 2011, 10:36 AM
Sure hope there is a new sound system coming from that new scoreboard......

GATA!!!!

EagleBlood
29th April 2011, 10:53 AM
The original poster might have been referring to the curved central portion, or arched look of the integrated scoreboard relative to the building. As noted before, the schematic that Dr. Keel has shown in his presentation is not a square building, but actually rectangular with additional offsets. The Louisville endzone building is very similar in footprint, save the outermost offsets.

I meant squared as in not rounded or curved. The foundation has no curvature in it. Yes, the building is rectangular with squared walls. No curved walls.

gatadotcom
29th April 2011, 11:29 AM
Curving a deck or building adds a lot of costs to the project.

When Troy University built their press box/suites/clubs building on top of their curved home stands, they went against the architects designs and took the curve out. Saved them over $1Million. Y going with straight lines instead of following the curve.

Eagle22
29th April 2011, 11:46 AM
Curving a deck or building adds a lot of costs to the project.

When Troy University built their press box/suites/clubs building on top of their curved home stands, they went against the architects designs and took the curve out. Saved them over $1Million. Y going with straight lines instead of following the curve.

Makes sense.

Also decreases seating unless you scrunch seats closer, unless you simply extend out farther.

t.mcelrath
29th April 2011, 11:51 AM
Curves are for women. This is football.

Baldy
29th April 2011, 12:26 PM
Makes sense.

Also decreases seating unless you scrunch seats closer, unless you simply extend out farther.

That is one problem Troy doesn't have. :D

EaglesFlyFBS
29th April 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm not making reference to the footprint. I'm simply pointing out that the building seems to have more of a contemporary look. The center arches are angled outward and the edges of the building do not seem to be squared but angled. This to me seems to fit better in an oval than box would.

BlueTide47
29th April 2011, 06:47 PM

The stadium currently has 18000 seats. If seats are put in the end-zone before doing the upper desks( as phase two plans are supposed to go), this will alienate a large group of fans that have been paying full price for grass seats. It used to be grass seating was cheaper than an aluminum bleacher seats. Now it is the same price, and a large group of fans prefer the grass seating still. Taking away grass seating before doing the upper decks would be a big mistake to ticket sales. We don't have anyone on staff now that has the sales ability in their whole body that Dr. Bucky Wagoner has in his index fingernail, so how would you expect them to sell end-zone seats.

Picture This:

"Sir that will be $50 per seat per game for a 40 yard line seat in the Zaxby's side upper deck( where our wait staff will come to your seat and take your Zaxby orders all through the game) or would you prefer 30 yard line on the Chic Fil A side upper desk at $40 per seat per game(The Chick fil A concession stand will available to you through Portal C)." This would be easier to sell by our current crew than "Sir I know you been paying bleacher prices for grass seating for the last 10 years, yet we are putting bleacher seat in anyway and do away with the grass seating tradition and you can wait in line for high school football game food at a college football game."

EagleBlood
29th April 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not making reference to the footprint. I'm simply pointing out that the building seems to have more of a contemporary look. The center arches are angled outward and the edges of the building do not seem to be squared but angled. This to me seems to fit better in an oval than box would.

10-4. I gotcha and agree.

TCM
29th April 2011, 07:43 PM
One correction, we do not have 18,000 seats.

greyfacemask
29th April 2011, 09:07 PM
I've never understood why people obsess over sitting on the grass. The only reason there is grass is GSU couldn't afford to complete the stadium when it was built. If you you want take your kids somewhere to slide down a hill on a box go to a playground. UGA used to have a "tradition" of fans sitting on the railroad tracks, but they expanded the stadium and the tracks went away. Did anyone REALLY care? Time for GSU to grow up, complete the stadium, is been long enough.

Blueandwhitefightfight
29th April 2011, 10:36 PM
I've never understood why people obsess over sitting on the grass.

Did you ever take a girl on a date to a football game and sit on the grass?

or

Grow up in Statesboro and have childhood memories of sliding down the hill on cardboard?

A lot of people that care about the hills did. I didn't and have never sat there (b/c it is entirely too far away from the front row or two) but I get why people have a lot of emotional tie to those hills.

ForgottenEagle
29th April 2011, 10:42 PM
I sat on hills for the first time last year after years of sitting in the front row of the student section and liked it but would still prefer to sit in seats. We only have about 14,000 actual seats yet average over 19,000. The hills are the easiest place to expand to, I'd do that before adding a 2nd deck (but if suites come with that 2nd deck than I take that back though).

Dave.
29th April 2011, 10:57 PM
I was over there for part of the ASU game. Miserable view.

BoroNative
30th April 2011, 12:37 AM
I'm not making reference to the footprint. I'm simply pointing out that the building seems to have more of a contemporary look. The center arches are angled outward and the edges of the building do not seem to be squared but angled. This to me seems to fit better in an oval than box would. Love the floor plan, hate the architecture. Our whole program is based on tradition and simplicity. Why would we want a new fangled faddish building. Build something nice and traditional.

BoroNative
30th April 2011, 12:38 AM

or

Grow up in Statesboro and have childhood memories of sliding down the hill on cardboard?

A lot of people that care about the hills did. I didn't and have never sat there (b/c it is entirely too far away from the front row or two) but I get why people have a lot of emotional tie to those hills.

I took my first date out in my 1984 chevy pickup, but I don't want to still be driving it.

garns 4
30th April 2011, 03:44 AM
Curves are for women. This is football.now thats funny, but guys finally....we have a plan.

BLUENECK
30th April 2011, 09:01 AM
Fond memories of the hills at Paulson Staduim….really?

gritzblitz56
30th April 2011, 09:29 AM
I have fond memories of my first car and the times I had in it, but the car I have now is much better.

Nostalgia has it's place but it should never get in the way of much needed progress.

greyfacemask
30th April 2011, 09:30 AM

or

Why don't we just go back to Wamack field & play there? What memories!

BlueTide47
30th April 2011, 10:25 AM
I've never understood why people obsess over sitting on the grass. The only reason there is grass is GSU couldn't afford to complete the stadium when it was built. If you you want take your kids somewhere to slide down a hill on a box go to a playground. UGA used to have a "tradition" of fans sitting on the railroad tracks, but they expanded the stadium and the tracks went away. Did anyone REALLY care? Time for GSU to grow up, complete the stadium, is been long enough.

I knew when I wrote a quote about the grass tradition a Paulson some ignorant reference u.g. a.thens would come on this board.
-Sanford & Son stadium went through many renovations before the track people lost their view.
-The grass tradition deserves to stay in place through just as many renovations.
- The track people were watching the game for free.
-The people of the grass hills tradition have always paid to watch the game
- The stadium plans call for the upper desks to go up in the next phase.
- Enclosing the end zone does not play into the picture until the phase after that.

Picture This:

"Sir that will be $50 per seat per game for a 40 yard line seat in the Zaxby's side upper deck( where our wait staff will come to your seat and take your Zaxby orders all through the game) or would you prefer 30 yard line on the Chic Fil A side upper desk at $40 per seat per game(The Chick fil A concession stand will available to you through Portal C)." This would be easier to sell by our current crew than "Sir I know you been paying bleacher prices for grass seating for the last 10 years, yet we are putting bleacher seats in anyway and do away with the grass seating tradition and you can wait in line for high school football game food at a college football game."

southern edumacation
30th April 2011, 11:35 AM
I knew when I wrote a quote about the grass tradition a Paulson some ignorant reference u.g. a.thens would come on this board.
-Sanford & Son stadium went through many renovations before the track people lost their view.
-The grass tradition deserves to stay in place through just as many renovations.
- Enclosing the end zone does not play into the picture until the phase after that.

And why do we need to strictly keep to the stadium plans that were laid out almost 30 years ago?

Hate to break it to you but sometimes things change, technologies change, needs of the university/ football team change. I want to keep some of the grass seating as well, I hope we only bowl in one side and keep the other open but economics and cost of the construction might keep that from happening. But to strictly follow a plan that was put in place 30 years ago because it was the first plan is completely asinine.

DrSwampy
30th April 2011, 12:46 PM
I took my first date out in my 1984 chevy pickup, but I don't want to still be driving it.

You're referring to the '84 pickup, aren't you?

Hail The Blue
30th April 2011, 12:59 PM
You're referring to the '84 pickup, aren't you?

Zing!

half-n-half
30th April 2011, 02:03 PM
Picture This:

"Sir that will be $50 per seat per game for a 40 yard line seat in the Zaxby's side upper deck( where our wait staff will come to your seat and take your Zaxby orders all through the game) or would you prefer 30 yard line on the Chic Fil A side upper desk at $40 per seat per game(The Chick fil A concession stand will available to you through Portal C)." This would be easier to sell by our current crew than "Sir I know you been paying bleacher prices for grass seating for the last 10 years, yet we are putting bleacher seats in anyway and do away with the grass seating tradition and you can wait in line for high school football game food at a college football game."

That's a good thought, but this is college football not major league baseball.

greyfacemask
30th April 2011, 08:54 PM

Picture This:

wtf are you talking about?

Joseph
30th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Wouldn't put too much stock in that.

For starters, building on the ground is likely less costly, unless we go the tinker-toy aluminum decking route (I hope not, but who knows).

Second, while seats beyond goal line are farther away from opposite end action, they are in closer proximity to the field itself. Some might say those are better seats to have and it would also make sense to expand outward first before you get into decking anything, that way when you deck you have the full lower bowl footprint already established.

Just my $0.02 ... nothing 'in the know' intended.

Yeah I'm not in the know, I have very little contacts right now but I was able to get a couple of people talking on this subject (about a year ago) and the suggested the first expansion was going to be "expanding" the student side. I didn't really think about it until your post but that could be as simple as what they did for the 89 champ game and just put bleachers behind the student sections. I sure hope that is not what they are thinking to quickly add another 1K seats, we need a serious solution to our student overcrowding problem.

Edit: if it were me, i'd extend both sides a little farther out and replace the pressbox and deck that side and give the students a small section on the pressbox lower side as well.

DawgGoneEagle
1st May 2011, 02:48 AM
This is listed as a $10 million project. Thats twice as much as the feasibility study projected cost of the phase 1A sideline expansion of 5000 seats in the four end zone corners (1250 per corner) in 2013 dollars. With a 50,000 square foot two story structure (CCU's is 56,00sq ft.) in the east end of Paulson Stadium, which I am all for, this will necessarily cut into the berm on both north and south sides. Doing this will also push (herd) the overflow crowd on the banks into a much tighter area, those four corners where the phase 1A expansion would be. Wouldn't it be nice for those folks to have some well deserved seats, and bring capacity up to 20,000 ? Doing so is certainly not over building, it is just meeting overflow demand, and would be a modest symmetrical, needed expansion in capacity. Heck, if we're going to have 20,000 students we might as well have 20,00 seats in the stadium (at least). Additionally, for a near term fix for the demand for luxury seats, as I have read there is a waiting list for, why not build an identical sideline length box on the north "student" side.
For future expansion I believe the lower tier should be filled out with end zone seating before going vertical (make as loud as possible). I can vision much better camera angles 360 degrees around the playing field as well as superior mounting provisions for an improved sound system. In future expansions, then this could dispense with the so called "mid-deck" per the feasibility study and an upper deck on either side would cantilever over either or both the luxury suites/press box. Oh well, I'm just glad they are doing what they are going.

Baldy
1st May 2011, 11:03 AM
This is listed as a $10 million project. Thats twice as much as the feasibility study projected cost of the phase 1A sideline expansion of 5000 seats in the four end zone corners (1250 per corner) in 2013 dollars. With a 50,000 square foot two story structure (CCU's is 56,00sq ft.) in the east end of Paulson Stadium, which I am all for, this will necessarily cut into the berm on both north and south sides. Doing this will also push (herd) the overflow crowd on the banks into a much tighter area, those four corners where the phase 1A expansion would be. Wouldn't it be nice for those folks to have some well deserved seats, and bring capacity up to 20,000 ? Doing so is certainly not over building, it is just meeting overflow demand, and would be a modest symmetrical, needed expansion in capacity. Heck, if we're going to have 20,000 students we might as well have 20,00 seats in the stadium (at least). Additionally, for a near term fix for the demand for luxury seats, as I have read there is a waiting list for, why not build an identical sideline length box on the north "student" side.
For future expansion I believe the lower tier should be filled out with end zone seating before going vertical (make as loud as possible). I can vision much better camera angles 360 degrees around the playing field as well as superior mounting provisions for an improved sound system. In future expansions, then this could dispense with the so called "mid-deck" per the feasibility study and an upper deck on either side would cantilever over either or both the luxury suites/press box. Oh well, I'm just glad they are doing what they are going.

I believe CCU's new fieldhouse houses their entire athletic department, the weight room is for all their student athletes, and it also has locker rooms for both visitor and home teams. From my understanding, our new facility will be for football only and the visiting team will use the locker room in the Bishop building.

I also like the idea of closing out the lower level of the endzones with seats. I think it will give the stadium a more "completed" look.

eaglewraith
1st May 2011, 12:32 PM
Rome wasn't built in a day.

DawgGoneEagle
1st May 2011, 01:12 PM
Its a great long over due start in the right direction. I thought when the feasibility study came out that a building like this in the east end zone would better serve the program than importing fill dirt to build up an on grade berm for end zone enclosure. The visiting teams continued use of the Bishop bldg. is a plus too because it puts them at opposite ends of the field for pre-game, half time, and post game. I guess the Erk statue would necessarily need to be moved. I had envisioned at one time a partial berm and an arch through which the team could run through and down onto the field after head butting Erk at the top, kinda ala Clemson and "Howard's Rock" (nothing like copied traditions in college football is there) from the east side from some sort of new improved Field House/seating combination. I thought and elevated end zone seating on the "balcony" level that would arc around from the north end to the south end would provide an elevated view of the field, better than being closer to field level in the zone section on the east side. With this new structure that could be incorporated I guess, but as with anything, the final determination of any addition will address the needs of the program and the projected and available funds to complete the addition. Just glad to see this development.

parr90
1st May 2011, 04:26 PM
That is one problem Troy doesn't have. :D

I didnt read all of this but I have been to Troy's stadium and it looks much bigger than it actualy is. It doesnt seat much more than ours I dont think but looks much bigger. Gata.com can tell you better than me.

parr90
1st May 2011, 04:29 PM
Its a great long over due start in the right direction. I thought when the feasibility study came out that a building like this in the east end zone would better serve the program than importing fill dirt to build up an on grade berm for end zone enclosure. The visiting teams continued use of the Bishop bldg. is a plus too because it puts them at opposite ends of the field for pre-game, half time, and post game. I guess the Erk statue would necessarily need to be moved. I had envisioned at one time a partial berm and an arch through which the team could run through and down onto the field after head butting Erk at the top, kinda ala Clemson and "Howard's Rock" (nothing like copied traditions in college football is there) from the east side from some sort of new improved Field House/seating combination. I thought and elevated end zone seating on the "balcony" level that would arc around from the north end to the south end would provide an elevated view of the field, better than being closer to field level in the zone section on the east side. With this new structure that could be incorporated I guess, but as with anything, the final determination of any addition will address the needs of the program and the projected and available funds to complete the addition. Just glad to see this development.

But we have always warmed up on the Bishop side so will we be switching sides? That could be a bad omen. Otherwise we have to run over to the other side to warm up, maybe getting some trash talking between both teams as they cross each other (-:

Have missed being here for a while fellas. Have had some more heart issues, we be going back to Cleveland Clinic this week for some more stuff. Cant wait for the new season.

EaglesFlyFBS
1st May 2011, 08:15 PM
Well if there is one muscle in the body that technology and new medicine has concored, it's the heart muscle. My mother had the first of her SEVEN bypasses at the age of 39. She is 73 now and fit as a fiddle! Hope all goes well with that. Headed down to the lakes to see her next week :o.

Dave.
1st May 2011, 08:18 PM
I didnt read all of this but I have been to Troy's stadium and it looks much bigger than it actualy is. It doesnt seat much more than ours I dont think but looks much bigger. Gata.com can tell you better than me.

30k is considerably bigger than 15k

parr90
2nd May 2011, 11:32 AM
30k is considerably bigger than 15k

Dont get smart with me punk.

parr90
2nd May 2011, 11:36 AM
Well if there is one muscle in the body that technology and new medicine has concored, it's the heart muscle. My mother had the first of her SEVEN bypasses at the age of 39. She is 73 now and fit as a fiddle! Hope all goes well with that. Headed down to the lakes to see her next week :o.

Muscle is what mine is. I dont have an artery problem. Thanks for the kind words though. I have an inlarged muscle along the septem in my heart. The first surgery removed the excess muscle but it may have grown back some causing me some issues. We will see. Thanks.

straightshooter
2nd May 2011, 11:41 AM
Wonder if the yellow school busses will continue to drop the team off on the parking lot side of the field. That's a 150 yard jaunt, and it looks like the team will be dressing in the new building. Got some logistics to work out there.

1peatfor7
2nd May 2011, 11:59 AM
Wonder if the yellow school busses will continue to drop the team off on the parking lot side of the field. That's a 150 yard jaunt, and it looks like the team will be dressing in the new building. Got some logistics to work out there.

Oh no please not again.

BLUETIDE95
2nd May 2011, 12:03 PM

half-n-half
2nd May 2011, 12:08 PM

I don't think the logistics will be that tough. Instead of stopping at the Parish building, keep walking until you hit the next building. Then get dressed there.

Gsuwinsudont
2nd May 2011, 12:20 PM
Oh no please not again.

lol

Gsuwinsudont
2nd May 2011, 12:20 PM
I don't think the logistics will be that tough. Instead of stopping at the Parish building, keep walking until you hit the next building. Then get dressed there.

So what this means is that we will not use the school busses anymore?!?!

Hail The Blue
2nd May 2011, 12:22 PM

http://masterdev.dyndns.dk/drslog/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Gsuwinsudont
2nd May 2011, 12:26 PM
That kitten had it coming....

Pike51
2nd May 2011, 01:03 PM
Muscle is what mine is. I dont have an artery problem. Thanks for the kind words though. I have an inlarged muscle along the septem in my heart. The first surgery removed the excess muscle but it may have grown back some causing me some issues. We will see. Thanks.

You also have a spelling problem. :p Sorry... I couldn't resist. Prayers your way for a speedy recovery!

half-n-half
2nd May 2011, 02:09 PM

I think there is going to be a parking deck built under the new building for the players to park in. We won't even know if the team is there until they run onto the field at gametime! :)

GaSou93
2nd May 2011, 02:45 PM
I think there is going to be a parking deck built under the new building for the players to park in. We won't even know if the team is there until they run onto the field at gametime! :)

I think they should helicopter in and be dropped off like the SEALS at Osama's compound last night!!!

Eagle22
2nd May 2011, 02:49 PM
Alright, don't want to lock the thread, but let's reel it back in please.

1peatfor7
2nd May 2011, 02:49 PM
I got a better idea get the bases nearby involved and the team can parachute into the game on a C130. Dream big!!

Hail The Blue
2nd May 2011, 03:12 PM
I got a better idea get the bases nearby involved and the team can parachute into the game on a C130. Dream big!!

A few years ago ('05?) watching the guys land on the field was one of the cooler things I've seen in life.

parr90
2nd May 2011, 08:13 PM
You also have a spelling problem. :p Sorry... I couldn't resist. Prayers your way for a speedy recovery!

I just love the spelling police, but if you want to police someone for it, im the guy. I cant spell worth a piss so since we got that out at least you know that now and can leave me alone. Thanks for the prayers. Pray too that my arms go from 26 inches now to 30.......that would be ok.

Pike51
2nd May 2011, 08:33 PM
I just love the spelling police, but if you want to police someone for it, im the guy. I cant spell worth a piss so since we got that out at least you know that now and can leave me alone. Thanks for the prayers. Pray too that my arms go from 26 inches now to 30.......that would be ok.

I'm sorry... I was in a silly mood earlier and just couldn't contain myself. I'll try to behave in the future.

BLUETIDE95
2nd May 2011, 08:45 PM

Pike51
2nd May 2011, 08:51 PM
Dang, Pike - whatcha gonna do when the 26 inch pythons, and Parrmania run wild on youuu!

I'll most likely lose control of my bodily functions as I pass out in a Parr-induced headlock. However, I will make Parr buy me a new pair of pants!

eagle_97
3rd May 2011, 11:58 AM
This building sounds awesome, but I have some questions. I guess this means the coaches offices, meeting rooms, etc. will move out of the Parrish building. So what will become of that building? Possibly rennovated into dedicated football locker room since it's near the practice fields and next to the Iron Works? Also, seems like it might be somewhat inconvenient to have the coaches offices so far from the practice facility since they're at the practice fields almost every day and only at Paulson once a week. Again: I'm NOT complaining. I can't wait to see this new facility! Go Eagles!

Hail The Blue
3rd May 2011, 12:00 PM
This building sounds awesome, but I have some questions. I guess this means the coaches offices, meeting rooms, etc. will move out of the Parrish building. So what will become of that building? Possibly rennovated into dedicated football locker room since it's near the practice fields and next to the Iron Works? Also, seems like it might be somewhat inconvenient to have the coaches offices so far from the practice facility since they're at the practice fields almost every day and only at Paulson once a week. Again: I'm NOT complaining. I can't wait to see this new facility! Go Eagles!

I think people have mentioned that the basketball coaches would take a majority of those offices since the ones in Hanner aren 't the best.

eagle_97
3rd May 2011, 12:04 PM
I think people have mentioned that the basketball coaches would take a majority of those offices since the ones in Hanner aren 't the best.

I can understand the basketball coaches wanting more up to date offices, but it doesn't make sense to me to move them outside of Hanner when one of the projects that has been on the books for a while has been to get the football locker room out of Hanner.

The_Eagles_Cliff
3rd May 2011, 12:20 PM
I can understand the basketball coaches wanting more up to date offices, but it doesn't make sense to me to move them outside of Hanner when one of the projects that has been on the books for a while has been to get the football locker room out of Hanner.

Hanner will get a facelift, but the cost of building the type of arena we need is out of reach unless the City and County can step up. The Parrish will be an upgrade for basketball and others. With 100+ football players no longer using Iron Works, the other student-athletes will have more reasonable workout times. The football building is the first item on the list, but it only represents @25% of the overall Capital Vision for Athletics over the next eight years.

GATA ERK
3rd May 2011, 02:51 PM
Good step forward! Cant wait to see some renderings! I guess the existing football facilities well be repurposed for other sports. Looks like Monken and Keel are the grease in the wheels missing for so long. I think expansion of football seating should come next (let the hills go folks), then replacement of the sheet metal monster, and then figure out replace Hanner. Giving Hanner a facelift is just putting lipstick on a pig at this point. It has served its purpose well but b-ball does not have a real long term chance even in the SoCon without a new facility.

We'll find out how good Keel is regarding the new basketball facility. If he can convince the city/county to go in on a joint venture for a new facility then that would be an impressive accomplishment. This is clearly what he is pushing for.

kennesaweagle
3rd May 2011, 03:17 PM
We'll find out how good Keel is regarding the new basketball facility. If he can convince the city/county to go in on a joint venture for a new facility then that would be an impressive accomplishment. This is clearly what he is pushing for.

That would be a huge feather in his cap if he can pull it off. Nobody to this point has been able to do it, although I have no idea how hard it has been tried. I'm pretty sure there was no real effort with the previous administration. Just lip service.

But if they can find a way to put it together, it would be a great way to pull the community and the school back together. There would be a true benefit for both sides.

eagle_97
4th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Hanner will get a facelift, but the cost of building the type of arena we need is out of reach unless the City and County can step up. The Parrish will be an upgrade for basketball and others. With 100+ football players no longer using Iron Works, the other student-athletes will have more reasonable workout times. The football building is the first item on the list, but it only represents @25% of the overall Capital Vision for Athletics over the next eight years.

Ok. I didn't realize there would be a dedicated football weight room in this new facility. That makes a lot more sense then. I wonder if they'll combine the two locker rooms in the Bishop Bldg. into one, large, locker room for the visiting team. It is going to look interesting to have a building in each end zone. Hopefully they'll integrate well into the eventual seating expansions.

Hail The Blue
4th May 2011, 01:14 PM
Ok. I didn't realize there would be a dedicated football weight room in this new facility. That makes a lot more sense then. I wonder if they'll combine the two locker rooms in the Bishop Bldg. into one, large, locker room for the visiting team. It is going to look interesting to have a building in each end zone. Hopefully they'll integrate well into the eventual seating expansions.

yes yes and yes. I believe those are all parts of the plan.

DawgGoneEagle
4th May 2011, 01:53 PM
]

While they've effectively got the place torn up during construction, and considering the fact that a 50-52,000 sq.ft' building is going to considerably tighten up the available end zone space, considering the fact the we are already over capacity, if the funds could be secured, it sure seems like an opportune time to add those 5,000 seats to the end zone corners.

Eagle22
5th May 2011, 09:17 AM
Three pages of off-topic posts have been moved to the open forum .......feel free to continue that discussion there and remember to keep the politics out of it.

Thanks,

Paul

gsugt1
5th May 2011, 10:18 AM
Three pages of off-topic posts have been moved to the open forum .......feel free to continue that discussion there and remember to keep the politics out of it.

Thanks,

Paul

cannonballgsu
23rd May 2011, 08:09 AM

The new completion date is Jan of 2013. Wonder why it got pushed back.

http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/facilities/buildings/future/NewFootballFacility.html

EagleSC
23rd May 2011, 12:12 PM
With a facility that big I would assume many more minor changes in dates.

And dont' be surprised if that Jan '13 date gets moved too.

greyfacemask
23rd May 2011, 07:41 PM
Completion dates are a moving target. The building is priced around $200 per square foot, a little low in my opinion. That's about the per foot cost of a good house, depending on the finishes. I'm sure our construction majors will have a better idea.

GSCBBA1987
23rd May 2011, 08:53 PM
Completion dates are a moving target. The building is priced around $200 per square foot, a little low in my opinion. That's about the per foot cost of a good house, depending on the finishes. I'm sure our construction majors will have a better idea.

Wow, $200 a sq foot for residential construction. I am glad I do not live there.

gsugt1
23rd May 2011, 08:56 PM
Wow, $200 a sq foot for residential construction. I am glad I do not live there.

Really ... good houses in Savannah are built for $100 -150 per square feet.

GSCBBA1987
23rd May 2011, 10:21 PM

My area was a very reasonable place to build but now that 1500 hoses are damaged it may not be reasonable anymore.

NWGaEagle
24th May 2011, 08:00 AM
My area was a very reasonable place to build but now that 1500 hoses are damaged it may not be reasonable anymore.

If you know anyone who needs some work, my brother-in-law can help them out.

The_Eagles_Cliff
24th May 2011, 09:51 AM

In Bulloch County, you can contract it yourself and get done with good material for $75-$85 sq.ft. That price is down from 2007 when it was $115. That price doesn't include land, so I can see where it would go up significantly factoring in that.

On topic, I think that price includes all the new furniture, equipment, etc. or does it not?

EagleBlue
24th May 2011, 10:04 AM

If you get a Fred Williams house you can get it for $30 a sq ft. Don't sneeze too hard or you may not have a roof anymore. My house was built without land for about $70.

cannonballgsu
16th June 2011, 12:13 PM
Since Erksgirl posted this, I've been keeping track of any changes on the Facilities page. There was an update to include May, and it has some very interesting info at the bottom of the May Monthly Progress report.

Maybe there will be an official announcement soon.

bluelightspecial
16th June 2011, 01:50 PM
I can't wait. Hopefully this will be the first domino to fall in a whole line that has been sitting there and collecting dust from the previous administration. The building's going to be a big step forward and if Keel can some how pull some support from the city and county and get a new building going to replace Hanner I will run naked throught the streets of downtown Statesboro in absolute joy with half my body painted blue and the other half white.

bluelightspecial
16th June 2011, 02:02 PM
back on subject though, if you take into account the design progress from month to month, it looks like the completed designs will be ready in time for the start of the season (60% April, 70% May, 80% June, 90% July, 100% end of August). We could have a nice surprise waiting for us at the gates for opening day. Could be a nice place to start your general fun raising. I think it would be a caool idea to do a fund raiser along the same route that the Red Sox ae doing now for the 100th anniversery of Fenway. They have a site set up where you can go and buy these personalized bricks that will be placed in one of the new entry ways they are building plus, in return, you get a replica with your name or whatever message you have engraved on the brick and a case to display it in. They are charging like $250 dollars per brick. I don't see why we couldn't do the same or something similar. I think people sometimes are hesitant to donate because they are giving their moey away and don't really see any return on it. Maybe they could have some kind of "donor's hall or somethin where people who donate could see there names etched into the wall or something like that. Just an idea.

cannonballgsu
16th June 2011, 02:12 PM
back on subject though, if you take into account the design progress from month to month, it looks like the completed designs will be ready in time for the start of the season (60% April, 70% May, 80% June, 90% July, 100% end of August). We could have a nice surprise waiting for us at the gates for opening day. Could be a nice place to start your general fun raising. I think it would be a caool idea to do a fund raiser along the same route that the Red Sox ae doing now for the 100th anniversery of Fenway. They have a site set up where you can go and buy these personalized bricks that will be placed in one of the new entry ways they are building plus, in return, you get a replica with your name or whatever message you have engraved on the brick and a case to display it in. They are charging like $250 dollars per brick. I don't see why we couldn't do the same or something similar. I think people sometimes are hesitant to donate because they are giving their moey away and don't really see any return on it. Maybe they could have some kind of "donor's hall or somethin where people who donate could see there names etched into the wall or something like that. Just an idea.

I would buy a brick.

gs_eagle4ever
16th June 2011, 02:25 PM

This was tried for when Clements Stadium was rebuilt for the baseball team several years ago. I bought a personalized brick (payable in installments over 3 years), but you can probably count the number of bricks outside the main entrance on your fingers (and possibly toes). The effort was unsuccesful. Would it be anymore successful for the Football stadium or new building?

cannonballgsu
16th June 2011, 02:46 PM
This was tried for when Clements Stadium was rebuilt for the baseball team several years ago. I bought a personalized brick (payable in installments over 3 years), but you can probably count the number of bricks outside the main entrance on your fingers (and possibly toes). The effort was unsuccesful. Would it be anymore successful for the Football stadium or new building?

How long ago was that? I never heard anything about it.

gs_eagle4ever
16th June 2011, 02:54 PM
2004 - 2005 whenever the old stadium was demolished and the new one constructed.

cannonballgsu
16th June 2011, 02:59 PM
2004 - 2005 whenever the old stadium was demolished and the new one constructed.

Oh, well I couldn't have afforded it then anyway. It was my second year in college and I had to bust my butt just to pay for gas to get to class.

bluelightspecial
16th June 2011, 03:05 PM

I would say yes. If you set it up outside the entrances before and after every home game and caught people as they go in and out. You could have the designs set up behind the table and have people going around through the tailgate areas, passing out fliers, showing people what the future brings, get them really pumped up and bring them in. I guarantee you it would work. I know that baseball's attempt may not have been so stellar but you have to think, this is football, this is Paulson Stadium, the pride of the University.

1peatfor7
16th June 2011, 04:30 PM
Well maybe this is something we should try under the new President. With the expansion in social media these days more people would hear about it.

EAGLES35
16th June 2011, 04:51 PM
My understanding is that EVERYTHING in the building is available to "sponsor" or have your name on. Example I was given was.... "GA Tech has "in honor of" on their urinals so we can do the same thing."
No numbers are final yet but I was told that there would be 4ft x 4ft personalized pavers along the walkway to the building (where the Erk statue will be) and they will be sold as well.

ForgottenEagle
16th June 2011, 04:57 PM
My understanding is that EVERYTHING in the building is available to "sponsor" or have your name on. Example I was given was.... "GA Tech has "in honor of" on their urinals so we can do the same thing."
No numbers are final yet but I was told that there would be 4ft x 4ft personalized pavers along the walkway to the building (where the Erk statue will be) and they will be sold as well.

Can we dedicate a toilet to BVG? ;)

cannonballgsu
16th June 2011, 05:52 PM

No one would ever clean it.

GaSou93
16th June 2011, 06:23 PM

So, it would say something like "Put your BVG in this toilet sponsored/in honor of BVG"

I like it!!

Hail The Blue
16th June 2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe not the toilet itself, but maybe the little cakes or cleaner pads that go in the urinal..... maybe put his face on them?

gatadotcom
16th June 2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.gata.com/gataimages/toilet3.gif

Raptor23
16th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Well done.....

bluelightspecial
17th June 2011, 08:49 AM
Maybe we could dedicate the toilets in the visitor's locker room to Tribal and T-Dog as a show of appreciation for all their contributions to the forum.

kennesaweagle
17th June 2011, 11:07 AM

And that, right there, is why it was unsuccessful. Very few people knew about it.

bluelightspecial
17th June 2011, 12:57 PM
And that, right there, is why it was unsuccessful. Very few people knew about it.

That's why you do it outside the stadium before and after the games. You catch all those people who are in that mood and I guarantee you it would work.

GSCBBA1987
17th June 2011, 11:04 PM

The packet I recieved from GSU promoting the new Clements Stadium and the bricks was a great looking packet. One of my sons still has the poster on his wall that came in the packet. I did not buy a brick.

BlueTide47
18th June 2011, 01:46 PM
I hope the exterior of the new facility will be done in school colors Blue, Gold &/or white.

It looks like these organizations placed the bid:

Rosser International http://rosser.com/site.html

&

HGBD http://www.hgbd.com/profile/

What has been determined as the construction cost for the facility?

GaSou93
18th June 2011, 05:30 PM
I hope the exterior of the new facility will be done in school colors Blue, Gold &/or white.

&

I heard it was going to be brown sheet metal!! :D

DawgGoneEagle
18th June 2011, 06:22 PM
Red Brick like the Bishop and the retaining wall would be my vision.

eaglewraith
18th June 2011, 08:22 PM
Red Brick like the Bishop and the retaining wall would be my vision.

All the new stuff on campus is brick and glass. I would definitely expect it to go along those lines.

eaglewraith
18th June 2011, 08:25 PM

&

FSU has one of the most impressive facilities I've ever seen and it's brick. With the brick look in the stadium we have going it'll look nicer if it follows along with that style.

Final cost won't be determined until design approval I imagine. Can't fix a cost on it yet.

Rosser knows what they're doing with facilities as well, I've seen some of their past projects and they are impressive.

Hail The Blue
18th June 2011, 09:29 PM
All the new stuff on campus is brick and glass. I would definitely expect it to go along those lines.

This. Hopefully its a classic look that fits with bishop building and everything else on campus. We don't need some space age looking building that will look dated in 10 years.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

bluelightspecial
19th June 2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I figure brick facade and aluminum roof. Be nice if the roof was blue or if they just went ahead and added the seats.

SCV Camp Davis
20th July 2011, 06:00 PM
No June update. (http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/facilities/buildings/future/NewFootballFacility.html#Description)

cannonballgsu
20th July 2011, 06:42 PM
No June update. (http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/facilities/buildings/future/NewFootballFacility.html#Description)

May's update came around the middle of june, so it may just be a little late.

cannonballgsu
17th August 2011, 02:21 PM
Finally got a June update, but now missing July:

Monthly Progress - June 2011
GMP Pricing set is complete. A cost estimate based on Interim Pricing set is also completed. Construction Manager is verifying the final GMP price. Fund raising has begun.

gataman
17th August 2011, 02:35 PM
At the convocation today, President Keel made the comment that fund raising was going on for various projects....I'm sure this was one......

After hearing what he had to say today.....Georgia Southern is in VERY good hands....we really have more students that want to attend here than we can really handle.....we will surpass the 20K for sure...it truly is a great time to be part of the Eagle Nation.....

GATA!!!!

bluelightspecial
17th August 2011, 03:25 PM
At the convocation today, President Keel made the comment that fund raising was going on for various projects....I'm sure this was one......

After hearing what he had to say today.....Georgia Southern is in VERY good hands....we really have more students that want to attend here than we can really handle.....we will surpass the 20K for sure...it truly is a great time to be part of the Eagle Nation.....

GATA!!!!

That means there is only one thing to do...let's go ahead and do the whole dang expansion!

GSUEoghan
17th August 2011, 04:42 PM
This. Hopefully its a classic look that fits with bishop building and everything else on campus. We don't need some space age looking building that will look dated in 10 years.

Why you wanna talk about the old library and Foy like that. :D

Hail The Blue
17th August 2011, 04:44 PM
Why you wanna talk about the old library and Foy like that. :D

Both of those buildings got renovations for a reason. ;)

t.mcelrath
17th August 2011, 08:06 PM
There is a rendering of the building on www.eaglesgata.com go to the facilities tab then the new construction tab at the bottom. There's three photos. One of the field side, road side, and inside.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

GSUEoghan
17th August 2011, 08:28 PM
There is a rendering of the building on www.eaglesgata.com go to the facilities tab then the new construction tab at the bottom. There's three photos. One of the field side, road side, and inside.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

I like it...kinda. I'm hoping there will be a use for that big, starship enterprise-lookin grey thing...that's awkward. Also, It would've been nice to create more seating...but, I can dig it.

SouthernPride
17th August 2011, 08:36 PM
The gray thing should be where the new score board goes.

GSUEoghan
17th August 2011, 08:48 PM
After looking at it a bit more...it kind of worries me in a "these are the voyages of the starship football game" sort of way. Anyone familiar with Savannah will recognize my issue with the fact that it resembles Drayton Tower (aka, the trailer park in the sky) a bit too much for my comfort. That could be the renderings but....eeeeennnh.

Regardless, I'll be happy with expansion...I'm not difficult to please in that regard.

bluelightspecial
17th August 2011, 10:34 PM
i like it. thanks for posting this t.mc. that opening on the website will give you chills. i wanna go hit something now. where's a seven man sled when you need one?

Claydus
18th August 2011, 07:08 AM
So who all donated to the building project fund?

SCV Camp Davis
18th August 2011, 10:39 AM
After looking at it a bit more...it kind of worries me in a "these are the voyages of the starship football game" sort of way. Anyone familiar with Savannah will recognize my issue with the fact that it resembles Drayton Tower (aka, the trailer park in the sky) a bit too much for my comfort. That could be the renderings but....eeeeennnh.

Regardless, I'll be happy with expansion...I'm not difficult to please in that regard.

The contemporary design is a bit too much for me, as well. Though I am ecstatic (Mike Tyson comes to mind) about the addition, I would have preferred a more timeless, classic look. That's just me.

eaglewraith
18th August 2011, 11:55 AM
What's wrong with the design? It's brick and glass, it also matches in with everything else that is being done on campus. Seriously, can't make everyone happy I guess.

I think it looks great and will be awesome when finished.

kennesaweagle
18th August 2011, 12:17 PM
I think it looks great and will be awesome when finished.

I agree.

gataeagles06
18th August 2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here or not yet, but I spoke one of the higher ups at Southern Boosters and he said the new video screen is roughly the same dimensions as the one at Turner Field! That alone is enough to make me happy!

Klak
18th August 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here or not yet, but I spoke one of the higher ups at Southern Boosters and he said the new video screen is roughly the same dimensions as the one at Turner Field! That alone is enough to make me happy!

:O Holy crap WANT.

Hail The Blue
18th August 2011, 01:16 PM
WOW. If that's true, that is VERY impressive!!

gataeagles06
18th August 2011, 01:21 PM
WOW. If that's true, that is VERY impressive!!

This literally came out of the mouth of one of the higher employees in the office when I stopped in a few weeks ago. If it's true, I CANNOT wait to see it!

JLEagle
18th August 2011, 01:28 PM
I was told the same thing at a meeting. "same size as the one at Turner Field"

GSCBBA1987
18th August 2011, 01:40 PM
Wow. At around $11,000,000 The video board at turner field cost as much as ted turner paid for the Braves.

southern edumacation
18th August 2011, 01:44 PM

That's a 3 story tall video board. I just won't believe that until I see it.

Claydus
18th August 2011, 01:46 PM
This literally came out of the mouth of one of the higher employees in the office when I stopped in a few weeks ago. If it's true, I CANNOT wait to see it!
Really... Really... Hard to believe

1peatfor7
Who cares how big is it in HD? For a $10M-$15M facility I am thinking no. IMO there is no reason not to go with current technology. Wofford has a huge scoreboard but it's crap quality.

cannonballgsu

Three story board on a two story bldg? That's hard to believe...

Large Marge
18th August 2011, 01:48 PM
Call me cynical, but I don't believe that.

JLEagle
18th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Not HD.

gataeagles7
18th August 2011, 01:52 PM

Wow. At around $11,000,000 The video board at turner field cost as much as ted turner paid for the Braves.

Who cares how big is it in HD? For a $10M-$15M facility I am thinking no. IMO there is no reason not to go with current technology. Wofford has a huge scoreboard but it's crap quality.

The BravesVision is the world's largest high definition video board measuring 72ft. x 80ft. Also available is the Plaza Video Board that measures 28ft. x 16ft. Scrolling message boards are available as well.

Maybe they meant the Plaza Video Board. Otherwise, we're putting a $10 mil screen on a $10 mil building? I'm with the crowd of naysayers on this.

Klak
18th August 2011, 01:54 PM
The BravesVision is the world's largest high definition video board measuring 72ft. x 80ft. Also available is the Plaza Video Board that measures 28ft. x 16ft. Scrolling message boards are available as well.

Maybe they meant the Plaza Video Board. Otherwise, we're putting a $10 mil screen on a $10 mil building? I'm with the crowd of naysayers on this.

Anybody know the size of our current screen?

Edit: Here's the info on Wofford's board:

Overall, the LED board ise 57 feet wide and 22 feet tall, making it one of the 30 largest video boards in all of college football. The overall size of the entire unit, including sound system and advertising panels, is 57 feet by 30 feet tall. The football display system uses Capturion’s newest P22 Discrete LED technology using 22mm full color LED with a 784x308 pixel matrix.

1peatfor7
18th August 2011, 01:54 PM
71x79 feet and it cost $10M in 2005.
Adjusted to inflation today's cost would be $11,067,954

I'm going to call BS on that as well.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi
http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/national/atlanta.html

Hail The Blue
18th August 2011, 01:58 PM
71x79 feet and it cost $10M in 2005.
Adjusted to inflation today's cost would be $11,067,954

I'm going to call BS on that as well.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi
http://www.baseballpilgrimages.com/national/atlanta.html

Counter to inflation would be the rapid falling of technology prices as technology moves forward and quality improves.

1peatfor7
18th August 2011, 02:00 PM
The BravesVision is the world's largest high definition video board measuring 72ft. x 80ft.

Not anymore.

Texas Longhorns 55x134
Charlotte Speedway 80x200
Cowboys Stadium 72x160

Pretty sure there is one in Japan as well.

Hail The Blue
18th August 2011, 02:02 PM
Texas Longhorns 55x134
Cowboys Stadium 72x160

Everything is bigger in Texas.

Klak
18th August 2011, 02:03 PM
Not anymore.

Texas Longhorns 55x134
Cowboys Stadium 72x160

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Godzillatron_Closeup.jpg/800px-Godzillatron_Closeup.jpg

introvertedGSUfan
18th August 2011, 02:03 PM
Texas Longhorns 55x134

That thing is littered with ads though, it's quite pathetic.

1peatfor7
18th August 2011, 02:04 PM
Everything is bigger in Texas.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/f3c0ca230ea4698a86051da9defa33c5.jpg

EagleSC
18th August 2011, 02:37 PM
ZERO chance it's the same size as the one at Turner Field. Maybe one of the older boards at Turner Field or a smaller video board that might be in the stadium...but there is literally no way for a board that big to fit on the building that's being built.

Hail The Blue
18th August 2011, 02:42 PM
Maybe it's a perception thing. Maybe it will feel like it's as big as the one at the Ted because we'll be closer to it.

lesterm
18th August 2011, 04:47 PM
Not anymore.

Texas Longhorns 55x134
Cowboys Stadium 72x160

Nationals Park is bigger as well. Biggest in baseball.

lesterm
18th August 2011, 04:49 PM
If it's not HD it is a total fail regardless of how tall. Next we will be installing dial up internet in the coaches offices.

half-n-half
18th August 2011, 04:55 PM

ads = money

GSCBBA1987
18th August 2011, 05:03 PM

I hope our new video board is littered with ads as well.

EagleSC
18th August 2011, 05:20 PM
I hope our new video board is littered with ads as well.

BINGO! DITTO!

Wingspan
18th August 2011, 05:31 PM
I was surprised when I first saw the Turner Field screen that it wasn't wide-screen. Our's doesn't need to be that big, but it would be great if it was wide-screen and HD.

introvertedGSUfan
18th August 2011, 05:31 PM
ads = money

Yeah, but Texas has a buttload of money and the size of the actual screen dedicated to the game isn't much bigger than the old one.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZwDu.jpg

half-n-half
18th August 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but Texas has a buttload of money and the size of the actual screen dedicated to the game isn't much bigger than the old one.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZwDu.jpg

There isn't a single athletic program in the nation that is going to say "we've got enough money, no need to advertise this year." The screen may not be bigger, but I'm willing to bet that it's better. Otherwise I doubt Texas would have spent that much money on a scoreboard. And I bet that advertising on an HD screen that has ~90,000 eyes looking at it dozens of times a game isn't cheap.

introvertedGSUfan
18th August 2011, 05:41 PM
Look I'm just telling you what a lot of UT fans feel, myself included. We are not saying that ads need to be abandoned, but they don't need to take up that much space. Texas is the most profitable athletic program in the country right now and probably could sacrifice a little bit of money to make the ads smaller to appease the fanbase.

half-n-half
18th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Look I'm just telling you what a lot of UT fans feel, myself included. We are not saying that ads need to be abandoned, but they don't need to take up that much space.

And I'm just telling you that from a business aspect that a lot of UT fans are just going to have to deal with it. Unless they want to quit giving and the amount that they take off the table isn't replaced by the ads. But until then too bad and I have a feeling that wouldn't happen anyways. Smaller ads = less money. And no AD is going to be turning down money. UT obviously isn't hurting for money, but you never know what is going to happen in the future. I hope that we have a decent amount of our board dedicated to sponsorship. It may not look great but it's what makes college athletics go round.

introvertedGSUfan
18th August 2011, 06:22 PM
edit: I see your point, but disagree still. No need for me to argue about this though on a GSU board.

Walt3412
18th August 2011, 07:07 PM

A simple google search will tell you Kansas City has the biggest in baseball(105 X 84).

Hail The Blue
18th August 2011, 07:12 PM
A simple google search will tell you Kansas City has the biggest in baseball(105 X 84).

The nationals are also the best team in baseball.

Another thing a google search will show up as false.

Wingspan
18th August 2011, 07:28 PM
I would advise against sitting under or anywhere near the National's video board now.

SCV Camp Davis
18th August 2011, 08:07 PM

Did you know the human head weighs eight poundths?

Gsuwinsudont
18th August 2011, 08:52 PM

The ads are not always there on texas' board. They disappear depending on what is being shown on the board.

lesterm
19th August 2011, 12:46 AM

Biggest in baseball when it was built. Astros now possess the biggest.

Dave.
19th August 2011, 06:43 AM

Biggest in baseball when it was built. Astros now possess the biggest.

Which is it?

Walt3412
19th August 2011, 06:49 AM
Which is it?

Neither:

"For the 2011 season, the park added a large HD screen nicknamed "El Grande" replacing the original one in center field. At 54 feet high and 124 feet wide, it is the second largest scoreboard in Major League Baseball, behind Kaufmann Stadium (home of the Kansas City Royals)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_Maid_Park

Dave.
19th August 2011, 06:49 AM
Neither:

"For the 2011 season, the park added a large HD screen nicknamed "El Grande" replacing the original one in center field. At 54 feet high and 124 feet wide, it is the second largest scoreboard in Major League Baseball, behind Kaufmann Stadium (home of the Kansas City Royals)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_Maid_Park

I lol'd

Hail The Blue
27th August 2011, 06:20 PM
So, I'm watching this awesome Eagle Preview 2011 on WTOC (Thanks, Dal!) and I can't help to think how awesome this show will be in a few years when they have the new building in the background. (For those that can't see, they are filming from the Bishop deck over looking the field). That truly will be an awesome backdrop for shows like this.

Claydus
30th August 2011, 10:08 AM
Here is some floorplan information
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3906/mainib.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/mainib.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2228/lowerv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/lowerv.jpg/)

Hail The Blue
30th August 2011, 10:15 AM
That's a HUGE weight room!! GET PUMPED!!!

PowerEagle
30th August 2011, 10:19 AM
This facility would be really great for our program. I know one thing Coach Monken mentioned at the Savannah Eagle Club lunch is that GSU is doing everything from a training and nutritional standpoint the exact same as a 1-A program does - he mentioned Auburn, Alabama, UGA and South Carolina as examples. This facility would really help us to be able to perform those functions that much better.

Someone mentioned we can't raise the money for this building? Is that true? I thought the plans hadn't been released to the public yet?

Hail The Blue
30th August 2011, 10:20 AM
This facility would be really great for our program. I know one thing Coach Monken mentioned at the Savannah Eagle Club lunch is that GSU is doing everything from a training and nutritional standpoint the exact same as a 1-A program does - he mentioned Auburn, Alabama, UGA and South Carolina as examples. This facility would really help us to be able to perform those functions that much better.

Someone mentioned we can't raise the money for this building? Is that true? I thought the plans hadn't been released to the public yet?

Where did you hear that? I thought a majority of the funds were already accounted for, and they haven't even really opened up a major campaign for it to the public yet.

PowerEagle
30th August 2011, 10:21 AM
Where did you hear that? I thought a majority of it was already paid for, and they haven't even really opened up a major campaign for it to the public yet.

It was in the thread about App moving up I think. I'll try to find it and repost it here.

Gsuwinsudont
30th August 2011, 10:24 AM
I have heard we were having issues in that area. Hoping that changes for the better.

Claydus
30th August 2011, 12:03 PM
If you of any Alumni or Business that is looking for a tax right off then this would be a great opportunity!

EAGLES35
30th August 2011, 12:51 PM
That's a HUGE weight room!! GET PUMPED!!!

Was told that it would be the 2nd largest in the country in all divisions of football!

1peatfor7
30th August 2011, 02:11 PM
I believe GSU is trying to raise half the funds (exactly how the BCS programs do it) first behind closed doors, then make a public announcement. If we make an announcement in January that $5M has been raised and we only need $5M more, it gets people excited we're already half way done. You get your T Boone Pickens/Phil Knights to donate big bucks, and get the rest of the funding from everyone else.

Whitt
30th August 2011, 03:38 PM
for $10,000 you could have a restroom named after you. That would help with the funds.

DrSwampy
30th August 2011, 03:44 PM
Was told that it would be the 2nd largest in the country in all divisions of football!

Not sayin' that such a thing was not said, but I find it difficult to believe that it's accurate. Anybody else hear/know?

BoroNative
30th August 2011, 03:48 PM

I heard it was 13K square feet.

SCV Camp Davis
30th August 2011, 03:52 PM

What's the first? Anybody has some comparisons to other schools?

BoroNative
30th August 2011, 03:53 PM

I want to say it was Oklahoma, but I could be wrong.

edit: Maybe I got stats mixed up. This from their website.

Univ. of Oklahoma: The Robin Siegfried & Family Strength and Conditioning Complex, located in the Barry Switzer Center, has 13,000 square feet to facilitate the intensive training of OU athletes.

Georgia Tech: The Hugh Spruill Strength Center is a 10,000-square foot weightlifting facility, located on the ground floor of the William C. Wardlaw Center at the south end of Bobby Dodd Stadium/Grant Field.

I guess there is a point of diminishing returns. How big is big enough when you talk about weight rooms?

SCV Camp Davis
30th August 2011, 03:59 PM

Nebraska - over 30,000sf (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1997/jockschools/topten9.html)

EagleSC
30th August 2011, 04:10 PM

0.00000000000000000% chance of that being true. Maybe FCS I'm guessing. But it won't come close to the big-time programs in BCS conferences.

Point of reference...UT's new 145,000 sq ft. football training center will have a 22,000 sq ft. weight room.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/football_training_center.html

Walt3412
30th August 2011, 05:03 PM
Also, UGA's is only 8,000 but I think they are getting ready to add on. Still, ours could be the biggest in the state. It should be very impressive for recruits.

DawgGoneEagle
30th August 2011, 06:32 PM
Also, UGA's is only 8,000 but I think they are getting ready to add on. Still, ours could be the biggest in the state. It should be very impressive for recruits.

Walt um I don't know where you got that figure from but the Butts Mehre Complex in Athens was an 85,000 sq ft facility before the new annex (53.000sqft)which was completed . In total, 138,000 sq ft.

I'm not taking anything away from what Georgia Southern is building, in fact I am elated. I think its awesome. Just thought I'd straighten out the facts on that, oh its been finished for a few months now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et41NYcUU5Q&feature=related

Dave.
30th August 2011, 06:35 PM
for $10,000 you could have a restroom named after you. That would help with the funds.

El ****ter de Gsu_paintballer

Walt3412
30th August 2011, 06:41 PM
Walt um I don't know where you got that figure from but the Butts Mehre Complex in Athens was an 85,000 sq ft facility before the new annex (53.000sqft)which was completed . In total, 138,000 sq ft.

I'm not taking anything away from what Georgia Southern is building, in fact I am elated. I think its awesome. Just thought I'd straighten out the facts on that, oh its been finished for a few months now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et41NYcUU5Q&feature=related

Actually I got it from their athletic site. The Butts Mehre building is 138,000, but the weightroom is only 8000 of it.

"Located on the first floor on Butts-Mehre is the UGA weight room. 1997 expansion of the Butts-Mehre weight room, which doubled the size of the facility from 4,000 square feet to 8,000, gives Georgia a facility which ranks among the most progressive in the nation. The added space greatly enhanced the amount of work stations available, allowing for more intense workouts."

http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=304707

GSUEagle08
30th August 2011, 07:32 PM

I know of a DC who could donate that much for the restroom and I don't think many would object...

Bleu
30th August 2011, 07:35 PM
I know of a DC who could donate that much for the restroom and I don't think many would object...

Touche`

DawgGoneEagle
30th August 2011, 07:52 PM
My bad Walt, well, if I'l take that any day. 11,000 is more then 8,000 ! 'and that ain't bad !

DrSwampy
31st August 2011, 08:10 AM
Also keep in mind that some schools have one huge weight room that is for all athletics (like Nebraska, I think), and others have multiple weight rooms specifically for various sports. For example, I think Florida State has something like a 12-000 - 14,000 sq ft football weight room, but several additional weight rooms of 2,000-5,000 sq ft each for baseball, basketball, golf, etc in different locations around campus.

Joseph
12th September 2011, 06:18 AM
Anyone who went to the Samford game may have noticed that they also have two endzone buildings and have a weight room that overlooks their playing field and stadium.

eaglewraith
12th September 2011, 06:42 AM
Anyone who went to the Samford game may have noticed that they also have two endzone buildings and have a weight room that overlooks their playing field and stadium.

That crap is old though.

B-Chappy
12th September 2011, 06:51 AM
The bottome line is this: If this facility is not the best of its kind in the SoCon, then we are wasting money. That's the kind of thinking we need. It's a shame that thought process was not in place when the Bishop building was built. It's time to stop just keeping up with the rest of the SoCon. We need to think about where we'll be when we eventually leave the SoCon, when we plan new facilities. With Dr. Keel at the helm now, I am more optimistic now than I have been since PJ was here.

SCV Camp Davis
12th September 2011, 07:28 AM
Our facility upgrades should be the best in FCS , not just the SOCON.

gataman
12th September 2011, 07:41 AM
Our facility upgrades should be the best in FCS , not just the SOCON.

Coach Monken said clearly at the Bullock County Kickoff couple weeks ago....this new facility would rival anything not just at the FCS....but most FBS programs......he and President Keel want everything as first class as possible.....we are in good hands.....

GATA!!!!!!!!

BoroNative
12th September 2011, 07:58 AM
Don't forget to open your wallets. It ain't cheap.

SCV Camp Davis
12th September 2011, 08:01 AM
Coach Monken said clearly at the Bullock County Kickoff couple weeks ago....this new facility would rival anything not just at the FCS....but most FBS programs......he and President Keel want everything as first class as possible.....we are in good hands.....

GATA!!!!!!!!

Yessur !!!

mounsen
12th September 2011, 09:33 AM
They had the renderings in the program this weekend. Was my first look at the design. Not what I expected but still excited.

GSCBBA1987
12th September 2011, 10:55 AM
That crap is old though.

I believe the endzone building is pretty new. they just go to great lengths to make all the buildings match.

Sanford also has about a four year old basketbell facility that is incredible.

Eagle22
12th September 2011, 11:37 AM
I believe the endzone building is pretty new. they just go to great lengths to make all the buildings match.

Sanford also has about a four year old basketbell facility that is incredible.

The endzone facility (weightroom) is just three years old. Was new two years ago when we played there.

The other building, has been there a while.

DawgGoneEagle
18th September 2011, 01:01 PM
I heard Coach Bobby Lamb on AM 790 "The Zone" on Wednesday on the Barnhart & Durham show discussing the new program at Mercer.
http://www.790thezone.com/barnhartanddurham/index.aspx
the clip cuts off before he discussed facilities,but the downloadable mentions this toward the end.
He stated that they were building an end zone football facility 37,000 sq ft. That is bigger than the new Elon facility, and considerably bigger than Campbell's new field house; comparable to Furman's new project. If I recall, I read where Dr Underwood was looking at around 6,000 seats and that they didn't "want a big stadium".
He (Lamb)said their on-campus stadium was "now" under construction.
I noticed on the "projected start date" of our facility as October, is that firm or are they going to wait till seasons end ?

Eagle22
18th September 2011, 01:15 PM
I heard Coach Bobby Lamb on AM 790 "The Zone" on Wednesday on the Barnhart & Durham show discussing the new program at Mercer.
http://www.790thezone.com/barnhartanddurham/index.aspx
the clip cuts off before he discussed facilities, so if anyone else heard it, good.
He stated that they were building an end zone football facility of either 35 or 37,000 sq ft. That is bigger than the new Elon facility.
He said their on-campus stadium was "now" under construction.
I noticed on the "projected start date" of our facility as October, is that firm or are they going to wait till seasons end ?

Dirt has been turned. I snapped a few photos yesterday on my cell phone as I left campus.

leeman
18th September 2011, 01:33 PM
E-22 you talking about Mercers facility or ours as dirt being turned.

GSUfanforever
18th September 2011, 01:44 PM
E-22 you talking about Mercers facility or ours as dirt being turned.

Mercer. Ours isn't planned to begin until next month.

DawgGoneEagle
21st September 2011, 02:41 PM
UNC Charolate stadium renderings:
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/23200/football/Spring11renderings.pdf

15,000 and 40,000 capacity views

cannonballgsu
3rd October 2011, 02:11 PM
Our fieldhouse is now 53,000sf?

Anyway - here is the latest. Doesn't seem like we will be breaking ground this month.

Monthly Progress - October 2011
GMP Pricing set of plans is complete. Evan's Construction, CM is verifying the final GMP price. Fund raising has been ongoing.

Near Term Expected Work
Fund raising will continue. Designers/Engineers/CM and owner to consolidate budget and design issues with estimated costs from CM. Following budget resolution, the Project will be on hold until funds become available.

The project consists of design for a 53,000 gross S.F. , two story facility to house the football team operations and welcoming/exhibit area at the east end of Paulson Stadium. The lower floor will have direct access to the field and will house mainly football team operations. The upper floor will have direct access from/to Lanier Drive and will contain coaches offices, players’ lounge, and team meeting rooms in addition to a main lobby which will be named The Hall of Fame.

Ryan Dale
3rd October 2011, 03:01 PM
Our fieldhouse is now 53,000sf?

Anyway - here is the latest. Doesn't seem like we will be breaking ground this month.

Monthly Progress - October 2011
GMP Pricing set of plans is complete. Evan's Construction, CM is verifying the final GMP price. Fund raising has been ongoing.

Near Term Expected Work
Fund raising will continue. Designers/Engineers/CM and owner to consolidate budget and design issues with estimated costs from CM. Following budget resolution, the Project will be on hold until funds become available.

The project consists of design for a 53,000 gross S.F. , two story facility to house the football team operations and welcoming/exhibit area at the east end of Paulson Stadium. The lower floor will have direct access to the field and will house mainly football team operations. The upper floor will have direct access from/to Lanier Drive and will contain coaches offices, players’ lounge, and team meeting rooms in addition to a main lobby which will be named The Hall of Fame.

Two questions.
Will it be done by the start of the 2012 season or is that based on funding?
Will it include a HD scoreboard?

cannonballgsu
3rd October 2011, 03:04 PM
Two questions.

Original projected completion date was Jan of 2013. Depending on how long it takes to break ground, I see that getting pushed back.

No one knows for sure about the scoreboard. All is known is that it will be a very large videoboard.

Hail The Blue
3rd October 2011, 03:07 PM
Original projected completion date was Jan of 2013. Depending on how long it takes to break ground, I see that getting pushed back.

No one knows for sure about the scoreboard. All is known is that it will be a very large videoboard.

Running 800x600 resolution.

JK.................I hope.

cannonballgsu
3rd October 2011, 03:13 PM
Running 800x600 resolution.

JK.................I hope.

I wasn't supposed to post this, but here is a sneak peek of the video board in action:

http://videogamecritic.net/images/intel/nfl_football.png

Ralze34
3rd October 2011, 03:34 PM
I wasn't supposed to post this, but here is a sneak peek of the video board in action:

http://videogamecritic.net/images/intel/nfl_football.pngI know it is a joke. However, wouldn't it be pretty funny/awesome if after big plays instead of just the instant replay it cut to a video of Tecmo Bowl? Then go to the replay? So Brown busts a long run and we show this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0, before going to the actual replay?

eaglewraith
3rd October 2011, 05:05 PM
Two questions.

Hope to god it's HD, but an HD board might be cost prohibitive at this time....I don't know the details about that.

Completion date is in time for 2013, but we've gotta get 50% of funding to start construction. We are slightly shy of that mark right now. However that's through private fundraising only so far.

Keep your eyes and ears open in the near term....

pleahy1
3rd October 2011, 05:43 PM
I hope we can at least match Wofford's video board. Being there in Spartanburg last December, that this was massive. I know they are looking at Daktronik video boards and controllers. A quick look at their site shows mostly HD stuff, but no real pricing guides to go by.