PDA

View Full Version : Paulson webcam in place!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

gsu2583
23rd April 2013, 11:17 AM
Head of athletic foundation confirms webcam is up and in place. Not sure when it will go live or linkage at the moment.

EagleSC
23rd April 2013, 11:18 AM
Head of athletic foundation confirms webcam is up and in place. Not sure when it will go live or linkage at the moment.

Awesome! Well done brotha!

rbostic218
23rd April 2013, 11:21 AM
Man things seem to be moving much faster these days. Lights years ahead of the way they were. GATA

SPT-bone09

Nice. Is it set up in the Bishop building? Press box maybe?

gsu2583
Wasn't my idea. I'm just the one who tweeted TK about it. Could have been a plan to do it anyway. Who knows. Still excited.

SPT-bone09
23rd April 2013, 11:22 AM
Man things seem to be moving much faster these days. Lights years ahead of the way they were. GATA

I agree. It's nice to have competent people in charge.

gsu2583
23rd April 2013, 11:23 AM
I would imagine it would be on the pressbox looking down at the north/east endzone, because the FOC is being built first, am I right?

SPT-bone09
23rd April 2013, 11:32 AM
I would imagine it would be on the pressbox looking down at the north/east endzone, because the FOC is being built first, am I right?

As far as I know both projects will start at the same time. Maybe they could have one on Bishop and one on the press box to get two good angles at it.

gsu2583
23rd April 2013, 11:40 AM
Question...

In the renderings of the stadium expansion, the BLUE areas of seating... is that just blue to denote expanded ares, or is that chair-back seating?

Hail The Blue
23rd April 2013, 11:57 AM
Question...

In the renderings of the stadium expansion, the BLUE areas of seating... is that just blue to denote expanded ares, or is that chair-back seating?

I think the blue area was the newly added seating, wasn't it? Or maybe the to-be student seating?

GSUfanforever
23rd April 2013, 11:58 AM
Question...

Expanded areas (new seating).

1peatfor7
23rd April 2013, 12:06 PM
Can't wait to see the new huge deck.

Hail The Blue
23rd April 2013, 12:25 PM

1peat and his decks:
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/girl-getting-hit-in-the-face-with-hotdogs-gif.gif

Blakeoh
23rd April 2013, 01:07 PM
1peat and his decks:
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/girl-getting-hit-in-the-face-with-hotdogs-gif.gif

Ha! The huge deck joke almost made me ship my pants!

Ralze34
23rd April 2013, 02:20 PM
I don't even want to know what you have to google to find that image...

Eaglebacker
23rd April 2013, 02:30 PM
When exactly is construction supposed to start at the stadium?

GSUfanforever
23rd April 2013, 02:32 PM
When exactly is construction supposed to start at the stadium?

They said end of this month at the EFAA auction.

Hail The Blue
23rd April 2013, 02:38 PM
After graduation.

Pike51
23rd April 2013, 03:18 PM

What is it with you and your love of big decks?

TrueBlue7
23rd April 2013, 04:09 PM
I think the blue area was the newly added seating, wasn't it? Or maybe the to-be student seating?

Both. The new seating will only be student seating because student fees are what is being used to fund the expansion.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Forum Runner

trueeagle98
23rd April 2013, 06:13 PM
Both. The new seating will only be student seating because student fees are what is being used to fund the expansion.

I dont believe this will necessarily be true. I would somehow rework the seating to keep the stundents together. If you add 6300 seats then simply give them that number of seats, but it doesn't specifically have to be just the new seats.

bigdoc91
23rd April 2013, 06:41 PM
Yep I expect the students and the band will have from the end-zone to the 25 or 30 yard line and up. The rest will be new seating. Last year I heard we avg just over 8000 students a game so whatever sections that takes up they will get because they paid for it. What ever it is it will be loud and proud. Ive been to many other college football games in the south, one thing people will not deny is that our student section is on par with anyone. My dad (Auburn alum) came to the Wofford game last year and sat of the visitor side. Told me after the game he was impressed with how loud it was and imagined ESPN wouldn't put a microphone on the student section next time haha.

Hail The Blue
23rd April 2013, 06:51 PM
I figured once the new deck is built the students will get the seats from both endzones to about the 30 yard line and the new deck. Leaving those premium seats on the 50-30 yard line for paying season ticket holders.

trueeagle98
23rd April 2013, 07:18 PM
Where do you put visiting fans and general admissions?

Eagle22
23rd April 2013, 07:26 PM
Where do you put visiting fans and general admissions?

the lower corner ... where we are put anytime we hit the road and there are actually opponent fans in the seats.

half-n-half
23rd April 2013, 07:43 PM
I'm hoping to get to ask TK on Friday what the plans are for the student side. I'm like E22 in that I've never understood why we give visitors premium seats. Hopefully we have a shakeup planned for that side. It's been an unorganized cluster for a while now.

EaglePA-C
23rd April 2013, 07:49 PM
I'm hoping to get to ask TK on Friday what the plans are for the student side. I'm like E22 in that I've never understood why we give visitors premium seats. Hopefully we have a shakeup planned for that side. It's been an unorganized cluster for a while now.

+1

1peatfor7
23rd April 2013, 08:27 PM
the lower corner ... where we are put anytime we hit the road and there are actually opponent fans in the seats.

Terrible idea to give the 100 visitors such great seats. Then again might be different to actually have visiting fans show up. Give them the worst in the house like we get. Corner of the endzone. It's what the entire Sun Belt does for visiting fans.

Booster EYES
23rd April 2013, 08:34 PM

We may be there all night if half starts asking questions, lol.

TrueBlue7
23rd April 2013, 10:25 PM
I'm like E22 in that I've never understood why we give visitors premium seats.

I though I read somewhere once before that is was a conference requirement. This is not a bash Baker post but I'm thinking he may have said that in an interview once.

TrueBlue7
23rd April 2013, 10:33 PM
I dont believe this will necessarily be true. I would somehow rework the seating to keep the stundents together. If you add 6300 seats then simply give them that number of seats, but it doesn't specifically have to be just the new seats.

I was under the impression that if the additional seats are funded with student fees, the additional seats added will have to be designated as student seating. Now they may be able to shift some fund sources around to pay for some of the seats without the fee increase, which would allow them to designate the seats as anything other than students.

EagleSC
23rd April 2013, 10:43 PM
The new sections would have to be for students, but that doesn't mean that all of the old student seating has to remain student seating.

GSCBBA1987
23rd April 2013, 10:49 PM
I was under the impression the number of seats added with student money, 6300, was the number of seats that must be dedicated to seating students. I don't imagine most of the students will be stuck in the upper deck, nor do I believe any seat that is premium in nature (think 50 yd line) will be student seating.

EagleSC
23rd April 2013, 10:53 PM
1. How will this fee be used? Just for football or other facilities?
The $25 student seating expansion fee will be used to pay for the addition of 7,000 seats to the north
stands. These seats will be designated for student seating at home football games. Currently there are
only 4,000 seats designated for student seating. With a fee paying enrollment of over 16,000 students
this provides seating for only 25% of the student body. Out of the construction there will be a net of
6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. Paulson Stadium has become a
concert venue. The additional seats could make the facility more attractive to larger groups to play in
Statesboro. Also the institution has seen commencement attendance grow to over 20,000. This
construction will provide additional seating for family and friends.

4. What will it look like (blue print)?
New student seating shown in blue.
http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/vote/downloads/facility.pdf

Meanwhile, 70 percent of students supported a $25 per-semester fee to expand Paulson Stadium. The plan would add 6,300 seats, all reserved for students.
http://www.gpb.org/news/2012/10/02/ga-southern-students-ok-green-sports-fees#

Expansion of Allen E. Paulson Football Stadium Fee ($25)

This fee will be used to increase the seating capacity of Allen E. Paulson Stadium by more than 6,300 seats. The new addition will add an upper deck to the student/visitor side of the stadium. Currently, the stadium has 4,000 seats dedicated for student use. With a record 20,500 students attending Georgia Southern this fall, only 25 percent of the University’s student body was able to be provided with a seat during home football games. By increasing the capacity of the stadium now, Georgia Southern will be well positioned for a future move to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). The new seats, which this fee will fund, will be dedicated for student use each home football game.
http://www.mysouthwestga.com/community/press_release.aspx?id=825162#.UXdXSbWG2So

Touchdown
24th April 2013, 12:10 AM
Will the seats in the deck be Blue? Because that looks bad arse in the drawings!

I hope they are actually blue.

Eagle22
24th April 2013, 06:34 AM
I though I read somewhere once before that is was a conference requirement. This is not a bash Baker post but I'm thinking he may have said that in an interview once.

If that is so, then I'd suggest that the conference hold Appalachian State to that requirement.

My guess is, the conference has a very hands off approach to this topic, because there are only two schools that routinely fill up their stadiums for football and both are leaving.

Dave.
24th April 2013, 06:38 AM

If that is so, then I'd suggest that the conference hold Appalachian State to that requirement.

My guess is, the conference has a very hands off approach to this topic, because there are only two schools that routinely fill up their stadiums for football and both are leaving.

The deal was STTE of you have to give 500 seats and some percentage of those must be between the thirties.

TrueBlue7
24th April 2013, 06:41 AM

That was always my gripe with the explanation that it was a conference rule. I tend to think it was not a conference rule, but rather a Georgia Southern rule because, like you said, App State never allowed us to sit directly behind our bench.

GSUfanforever
24th April 2013, 07:58 AM
The deal was STTE of you have to give 500 seats and some percentage of those must be between the thirties.

That was only for the playoffs. Also, it was assuming no "hardship" to season ticket holders in order to make that requirement possible.

1peatfor7
24th April 2013, 09:58 AM
That was always my gripe with the explanation that it was a conference rule. I tend to think it was not a conference rule, but rather a Georgia Southern rule because, like you said, App State never allowed us to sit directly behind our bench.

Well back before the hillbillies had a bandwagon, and before they started actually winning playoff games, I sat in the front row 50 yard line at least 2, if not 3 times on the visitors side. Of course that was before they installed indoor plumbing at Kidd Brewer on the visitors side. After the expansion those seats became premium and they stuck us in the corner, and only give us 700? seats. It's been said by others in the past we used to sell 2K-3K. Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.

GSUfanforever
24th April 2013, 10:01 AM
Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.

ODU and NDSU were allowed to do so because they would have had to displace season ticket holders otherwise, something the NCAA allows for.

half-n-half
24th April 2013, 10:07 AM
Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.

So did Alabama. I mean it's just SOP to put the visiting team in bad seats. Maybe the SoCon did force us to put the visitors where we have, but I'm doubting it.

GSCBBA1987
24th April 2013, 10:32 AM
http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/vote/downloads/facility.pdf

http://www.gpb.org/news/2012/10/02/ga-southern-students-ok-green-sports-fees#

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/community/press_release.aspx?id=825162#.UXdXSbWG2So
So, the way that reads there will be 10,200 seats reserved for students and that side of the stadium will only seat approximately 13,300. That leaves 3100 seats for non students and a net loss of like 100 seats from the ticket purchasing capacity. Somehow I doubt this is exactly what the seating will look like but dumber things have been done in Statesboro.

rbostic218
24th April 2013, 11:04 AM
So, the way that reads there will be 10,200 seats reserved for students and that side of the stadium will only seat approximately 13,300. That leaves 3100 seats for non students and a net loss of like 100 seats from the ticket purchasing capacity. Somehow I doubt this is exactly what the seating will look like but dumber things have been done in Statesboro.

WHAT????

EagleSC
24th April 2013, 11:06 AM

Again, all it states is that the new 6,300 seats will be for students. It doesn't say that the existing 4,000 has to remain student seating.

GSCBBA1987
24th April 2013, 11:11 AM
Again, all it states is that the new 6,300 seats will be for students. It doesn't say that the existing 4,000 has to remain student seating.

The $25 student seating expansion fee will be used to pay for the addition of 7,000 seats to the north
stands. These seats will be designated for student seating at home football games. Currently there are
only 4,000 seats designated for student seating. With a fee paying enrollment of over 16,000 students
this provides seating for only 25% of the student body. Out of the construction there will be a net of
6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. Paulson Stadium has become a
concert venue. The additional seats could make the facility more attractive to larger groups to play in
Statesboro. Also the institution has seen commencement attendance grow to over 20,000. This

EagleSC
24th April 2013, 11:27 AM

Again, from what I've been told is that the $25 fee states that that new seating has to be for students, but there's nothing in place to keep the old seat "student only".

GSCBBA1987
24th April 2013, 01:49 PM
Again, from what I've been told is that the $25 fee states that that new seating has to be for students, but there's nothing in place to keep the old seat "student only".

I must be misreading this part of the document. " Out of the construction there will be a net of
6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. "

Joseph
24th April 2013, 02:04 PM
I must be misreading this part of the document. " Out of the construction there will be a net of
6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. "

They will likely keep the same amount of seats, but relocate them.

6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern
24th April 2013, 02:48 PM
When the students are regularly showing up in numbers less than 10K, if it comes down to that, things will change. I expect an increased student turnout, but not a jump from 4K to 10K.

Ichigo
24th April 2013, 02:57 PM
That side of the stadium will need to be re-lettered right?

Hail The Blue
24th April 2013, 03:31 PM
When the students are regularly showing up in numbers less than 10K, if it comes down to that, things will change. I expect an increased student turnout, but not a jump from 4K to 10K.

Hopefully with more room over there, they can space out a little more. It seems we have 10k students show up for the first game and 5k by the end. Their area is so tight kids just don't want to deal with it and would rather stay in the parking lot and drink, or leave after the 1st half to go have a beer and be able to move their elbows. I hope with all the additions we do give them more seats. We had PLENTY of visitor and section K seats last year and always managed to cram 8k students into 4,500 seats.

24th April 2013, 04:14 PM
Hopefully with more room over there, they can space out a little more. It seems we have 10k students show up for the first game and 5k by the end. Their area is so tight kids just don't want to deal with it and would rather stay in the parking lot and drink, or leave after the 1st half to go have a beer and be able to move their elbows. I hope with all the additions we do give them more seats. We had PLENTY of visitor and section K seats last year and always managed to cram 8k students into 4,500 seats.

Hopefully that will be the case.

ValleyBoy
24th April 2013, 05:09 PM
Actually would only leave 2100 seats because unless the Sun Belt has changed the number the home team is required to provide the visitors will a minimum of a 1000 tickets which are not general admission tickets.

pleahy1
24th April 2013, 05:11 PM
If I remember correctly, someone was throwing around some numbers from the card swiping system they use to check students into the game and either last year or the year before it was 9500 ish students per game, sometimes more. I know a lot of them get there late and end up either cramming into the student sections or sitting on the hill. I have been in the student section the last few years and can vouch that for some of the bigger games there are easily twice as many students in the stands than they were designed to fit

SPT-bone09
24th April 2013, 08:17 PM
If I remember correctly, someone was throwing around some numbers from the card swiping system they use to check students into the game and either last year or the year before it was 9500 ish students per game, sometimes more. I know a lot of them get there late and end up either cramming into the student sections or sitting on the hill. I have been in the student section the last few years and can vouch that for some of the bigger games there are easily twice as many students in the stands than they were designed to fit

If I remember right our record for students at a game was somewhere in the 13,000 range (I think at a Furman game around '07 or '08) If we can make the students more comfortable during the game they might be more likely to come or stay for the whole game.

eaglewraith
24th April 2013, 09:51 PM
If I remember right our record for students at a game was somewhere in the 13,000 range (I think at a Furman game around '07 or '08) If we can make the students more comfortable during the game they might be more likely to come or stay for the whole game.

Record for students was ~11k at the 2005 McNeese game.

Joseph
25th April 2013, 09:50 AM
Record for students was ~11k at the 2005 McNeese game.

I was PISSED OFF leaving that one too. That was before I was mature enough to calm my nerves after a loss.

Hail The Blue
25th April 2013, 10:10 AM
I was PISSED OFF leaving that one too. That was before I was mature enough to calm my nerves after a loss.

Ole sewak didn't know how to coach without a 30 point lead.

gsu2583
25th April 2013, 04:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/michaelavant">michaelavant</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/kleinleinad">kleinleinad</a> Are any of the exp-seats chair-back or all bleacher?@<a href="https://twitter.com/kleinleinad">kleinleinad</a>New Midfield seats are chair backed.</p>&mdash; Thomas Kleinlein (@KleinleinAD) <a href="https://twitter.com/KleinleinAD/status/327530405538451457">April 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GSCBBA1987
25th April 2013, 04:45 PM
Hum. Surprised to hear the expansion seats are chairbacks if they are student only.

TrueBlue7
25th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Ole sewak didn't know how to coach without a 30 point lead.

Or with one....(flashback to UNH and Texas State)

SPT-bone09
25th April 2013, 04:53 PM
Hum. Surprised to hear the expansion seats are chairbacks if they are student only.

I don't think he means the actual expansion ones but the new ones cut out from the top rows. The ones that will be under the deck.

25th April 2013, 05:33 PM
I don't think he means the actual expansion ones but the new ones cut out from the top rows. The ones that will be under the deck.

I'm sure that's the case. That will likely be one premium seating. Nice view, under the cover of the deck. Maybe they install some fans like on the home side, lol....that would be pretty cool.

gsu2583
25th April 2013, 05:37 PM
Whatever. I asked the man a question.

HE ANSWERED!

What kind of crazy wonder world is this we're living in?!?

The Demoralizer
25th April 2013, 06:46 PM
Whatever. I asked the man a question.

HE ANSWERED!

What kind of crazy wonder world is this we're living in?!?

A good kind of crazy.

GSUfanforever
25th April 2013, 06:53 PM
It's incredible and a great thing that we finally have an AD who isn't afraid of the fans and is willing to answer questions like this. Just like a CEO must have transparency with his stockholders, he is more than willing to answer questions when they are tossed at him instead of running from them.

Dave.
25th April 2013, 07:52 PM
I'll bet money with anyone who wants to say that all of the new seating will be student only. Takers?

FLA-EAGLE1
25th April 2013, 10:39 PM
If this isnt going to be ready on-time, I think we need to go with some temp bleachers in front of Bishop. It is time to get rid of the tables behind the endzone. This area could be for visitors and visiting band. Nice spot for visiting high school bands also.

GSUEYES
25th April 2013, 11:44 PM
If this isnt going to be ready on-time, I think we need to go with some temp bleachers in front of Bishop. It is time to get rid of the tables behind the endzone. This area could be for visitors and visiting band. Nice spot for visiting high school bands also.

YOU are in for a pleasant surprise in the next few weeks!!!
Not for visitors though..:cool:

GSUfanforever
26th April 2013, 06:42 AM

If/when we get temporary bleachers, I hope they make them look like App. State did when they added theirs in the endzone during construction- they looked pretty good, IMO.

Pike51
26th April 2013, 07:13 AM
I'll bet money with anyone who wants to say that all of the new seating will be student only. Takers?

You throwing out a lead pipe, stone cold, signed, sealed, delivered lock? :)

Dave.
26th April 2013, 07:31 AM
You throwing out a lead pipe, stone cold, signed, sealed, delivered lock? :)

Yes all that stuff.

Hail The Blue
26th April 2013, 07:55 AM

Not for the thin of wallet either. :cool:

Hail The Blue
26th April 2013, 07:56 AM

Isn't that what's been said all along?

GSUEYES
26th April 2013, 08:07 AM
If/when we get temporary bleachers, I hope they make them look like App. State did when they added theirs in the endzone during construction- they looked pretty good, IMO.

Pretty sure it NOT temporary.

The Demoralizer
26th April 2013, 08:08 AM
Not for the thin of wallet either. :cool:

Now I'm interested

GSUfanforever
26th April 2013, 08:18 AM
Pretty sure it NOT temporary.

We're putting permanent bleachers in front of Bishop? Did I miss this somewhere else?

HAIL SOUTHERN!
26th April 2013, 08:20 AM
We're putting permanent bleachers in front of Bishop? Did I miss this somewhere else?

My guess is with the new FOC, the top level of Bishop can be used as additional, premium box style "seating." Where the millionaires can rub elbows during the game.

GSUEYES
26th April 2013, 09:45 AM
My guess is with the new FOC, the top level of Bishop can be used as additional, premium box style "seating." Where the millionaires can rub elbows during the game.

your getting warmer

TrueBlue7
26th April 2013, 10:19 AM
your getting warmer

C'mon let's hear it. :)

rbostic218
26th April 2013, 10:41 AM
C'mon let's hear it. :)

Is this suppose to be Top Secret info?

TrueBlue7
26th April 2013, 10:46 AM
Not sure, but I haven't heard anything about permanent seating in front of the Bishop Building.

Eaglebacker
26th April 2013, 10:48 AM
Graduation is in 2 weeks so I hope this webcam will be operational very soon after that.

trueeagle98
26th April 2013, 11:19 AM
If I heard what y'all heard then it will be awesome. Can anyone pm me more details like donor level and ticket prices.
Or just blurt it out here.

Dave.
26th April 2013, 11:29 AM
Way too many "look at me" posts going on around here lately.

gsu2583
26th April 2013, 11:31 AM
Way too many "look at me" posts going on around here lately.

Says the man with "4,000,000,000" posts.

Dave.
26th April 2013, 11:33 AM
Says the man with "4,000,000,000" posts.

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

garns 4
26th April 2013, 12:16 PM
It makes sense that their going to do SOMETHING special with the Bishop building/end of the field. And whatever they do, I doubt I'd be able to afford it. Just conjecture.

GSCBBA1987
26th April 2013, 12:30 PM
It makes sense that their going to do SOMETHING special with the Bishop building/end of the field. And whatever they do, I doubt I'd be able to afford it. Just conjecture.

Garns, you old dog, you! We know you are saving your money for the trips to the Casino Belt. :)

TrueBlue7
26th April 2013, 01:16 PM
Now I'm confused. I thought we were talking about actual permanent bleacher seats for anyone. Those aren't prime seats unless you do add some kind of box package with them.

SPT-bone09
26th April 2013, 01:33 PM
Now I'm confused. I thought we were talking about actual permanent bleacher seats for anyone. Those aren't prime seats unless you do add some kind of box package with them.

I'm totally confused with what's being said right now. I've never heard of anything being done with the Bishop side of the field.

trueeagle98
26th April 2013, 04:35 PM
I can only say what I've heard. If its a secret then the mods can remove it, but don't think it is. Remember this is just what i heard and haven't confirmed this.

There is a plan to remove the tables in front of the bishop building and put in permanent seating. Also these seats will be for big boosters and the Bishop building will remain open and continue to serve drinks and food. I don't know the details, but i would imagine they would upgrade the food and beverage selection.
Since tptb read this board my suggestion would be to have a different local vendor cater each game at a discount for the right to advertise

26th April 2013, 04:41 PM
I can only say what I've heard. If its a secret then the mods can remove it, but don't think it is. Remember this is just what i heard and haven't confirmed this.

There is a plan to remove the tables in front of the bishop building and put in permanent seating. Also these seats will be for big boosters and the Bishop building will remain open and continue to serve drinks and food. I don't know the details, but i would imagine they would upgrade the food and beverage selection.
Since tptb read this board my suggestion would be to have a different local vendor cater each game at a discount for the right to advertise

I'm not doubting this necessarily, but why would people pay big bucks to sit in the end zone, not even at an upper level? Imo, end zone seats are always the worst in the stadium. I don't expect you to know that answer....it's mostly just my thoughts. Would be cool to have some seating down there I guess.

GSUEYES
26th April 2013, 04:59 PM

Hmmmm

Devils in the details
And I don't have any yet

information should be available soon though

half-n-half
26th April 2013, 05:09 PM
I'm not doubting this necessarily, but why would people pay big bucks to sit in the end zone, not even at an upper level? Imo, end zone seats are always the worst in the stadium. I don't expect you to know that answer....it's mostly just my thoughts. Would be cool to have some seating down there I guess.

It wouldn't be for the die yards who want to be as close to the action as possible. IMO this would be the big money boosters and most likely businesses. A social thing as much as anything else.

SPT-bone09
26th April 2013, 05:45 PM
It wouldn't be for the die yards who want to be as close to the action as possible. IMO this would be the big money boosters and most likely businesses. A social thing as much as anything else.

Probably the kind of people who aren't really watching the game anyways. They just want an upscale party. Sounds good to me.

27th April 2013, 09:30 AM

Yeah, that makes sense. If a market for that sort of thing has been found, build on I say. It's gonna be cool to see how Paulson looks when all of this stuff is said and done. Things are going to look a lot different. Someone said earlier that the expansion for the press box side wasn't happening during the current construction of the deck and FC....does anyone know if that means that it just isn't happening at all right now, or does that mean that they're planning to do it, but that it just isn't planned to be finished by the 2014 start, as the others are?

GSCBBA1987
27th April 2013, 10:03 AM
There is an obvious market for this kind of things. Folks that can bottom afford a luxury box or that are on a waiting list for a luxury box but desire these amenities is one market.

The Blue Seats at Paulson have and indoor place to themselves and they are sold out so this waiting list indicates a market for this.

FLA-EAGLE1
27th April 2013, 10:32 AM
I have been to the West Endzone at Clemson. It is a very nice facility, with brunch set up for early games and dinner buffet for later games. there is nice indoor seating and nice outdoor seating. There are also "locker" rooms for members of the west endzone where they are given a nice wooden locker where they can keep liquor, beer, seet cushions, binoculars etc., inside the locker room is a mixer area with ice and all the mixers. It is great! It would be nice if they converted the Bishop building to that.

KJ Eagle
27th April 2013, 11:28 AM
That is pretty cool! I like the "locker area" idea.

SigEp614
27th April 2013, 11:43 AM
That is pretty cool! I like the "locker area" idea.

Me too, put a bunch of TV's broadcasting the game and have the play by play coming through the entire building. I think this would be a great way to attract corporate sponsors. Especially those that aren't really interested in football.

GSCBBA1987
27th April 2013, 12:00 PM
I have been to the West Endzone at Clemson. It is a very nice facility, with brunch set up for early games and dinner buffet for later games. there is nice indoor seating and nice outdoor seating. There are also "locker" rooms for members of the west endzone where they are given a nice wooden locker where they can keep liquor, beer, seet cushions, binoculars etc., inside the locker room is a mixer area with ice and all the mixers. It is great! It would be nice if they converted the Bishop building to that.

This is exactly how Jacksonville State's club level is set up. it is very nice and even has a couple of chocolate fountains.

This is great news for Georgia Southern.

ButlerGSU
27th April 2013, 12:18 PM
That lawn area with the tables is closed prior to games because of how close it is to the field. I believe it's against NCAA rules to have a hospitality area that close open during games.

Not sure adding bleachers would change this, then again - what do I know?

Dave.
27th April 2013, 12:22 PM
That lawn area with the tables is closed prior to games because of how close it is to the field. I believe it's against NCAA rules to have a hospitality area that close open during games.

If bleachers were there, the bleachers would be open, because they'd be normal reserved seating. Just like the building GT has in their endzone.

Booster EYES
27th April 2013, 06:55 PM

Citadel's is very close to the field and people are out on the porch area the entire game.

half-n-half
27th April 2013, 09:34 PM
If I was TK here is what I would do....First let's stick the visitors in the upper deck. Preferably in the corner somewhere. Get them as far away from the action as possible. Then we should have some kind of cool club level under the overhang of the upper level. Maybe even do something similar to the Eagle Club seats that are on the home side right now and put it in the upper half of what is currently section K. Maybe even have some TV's like the club level in the Georgia Dome. I'd also put some kind of bleachers infront of the Bishop building that seat somewhere around 200 people. Do it nice though, similar to what you see at PGA tour events. Have that be for the high dollar boosters and corporate sponsors. Give x amount of tickets away for a x amount donation and have access to the Bishop building all game. It would be a good way to wine and dine customers for businesses. I wouldn't want to alienate the people who enjoy the hills and have kids that enjoy the hills so I would leave some hills between the Bishop building and where the stands will end at the endzone. The last thing I would do is have some kind of concourse area like at Turner Field out in right field where you can stand around and watch the game.

The Demoralizer
28th April 2013, 07:35 AM
If I was TK here is what I would do....First let's stick the visitors in the upper deck. Preferably in the corner somewhere. Get them as far away from the action as possible. Then we should have some kind of cool club level under the overhang of the upper level. Maybe even do something similar to the Eagle Club seats that are on the home side right now and put it in the upper half of what is currently section K. Maybe even have some TV's like the club level in the Georgia Dome. I'd also put some kind of bleachers infront of the Bishop building that seat somewhere around 200 people. Do it nice though, similar to what you see at PGA tour events. Have that be for the high dollar boosters and corporate sponsors. Give x amount of tickets away for a x amount donation and have access to the Bishop building all game. It would be a good way to wine and dine customers for businesses. I wouldn't want to alienate the people who enjoy the hills and have kids that enjoy the hills so I would leave some hills between the Bishop building and where the stands will end at the endzone. The last thing I would do is have some kind of concourse area like at Turner Field out in right field where you can stand around and watch the game.

Great ideas you have there, half :-)

28th April 2013, 07:42 AM

Sounds good to me....a little something for everyone.

GSUEYES
28th April 2013, 09:18 AM

Do you always quote known info and "make it your own" idea so when it comes about you can refer back to the post and say "I told you so"?

If so...
you've got the potential to be upper management or maybe even president of the company some day.
;)

Hail The Blue
28th April 2013, 11:21 AM

Nice plan you've put together there half... :p

garns 4
28th April 2013, 12:29 PM
Garns, you old dog, you! We know you are saving your money for the trips to the Casino Belt. :)Dam, caught me again, I cant get anything by you guys!. Biloxi trip in early June. I'm in transition, got to make sure I'm game ready by 2014!

garns 4
28th April 2013, 12:30 PM
Dam, caught me again, I cant get anything by you guys!. Biloxi trip in early June. I'm in transition, got to make sure I'm game ready by 2014!But I wont be redshirting!(heeheehee)

half-n-half
28th April 2013, 01:01 PM
Do you always quote known info and "make it your own" idea so when it comes about you can refer back to the post and say "I told you so"?

If so...
you've got the potential to be upper management or maybe even president of the company some day.
;)

Shhhh....you are wrecking my plan. :) I wouldn't really call this known info though because this thread is 12 pages of mostly people asking what is going to happen to the student side. But yes all of that was straight out of the mouth of TK to me and SWBN on Friday.

GSUEYES
28th April 2013, 05:42 PM
Like I said...

UPPER MANAGEMENT!!!!

:cool:

Hail The Blue
29th April 2013, 07:21 AM
Like I said...

UPPER MANAGEMENT!!!!

:cool:

With a vision like that... it's like he could be an athletic director or something. :)

GSUEYES
29th April 2013, 07:03 PM
With a vision like that... it's like he could be an athletic director or something. :)

AD in Waiting

Hail The Blue
29th April 2013, 07:17 PM
AD in Waiting

Don't give him any ideas.

garns 4
30th April 2013, 08:23 AM
Don't give him any ideas.Sav.State is calling!

Hail The Blue
30th April 2013, 08:30 AM
Sav.State is calling!

He'd be gone in 6 months!

garns 4
30th April 2013, 08:50 AM
He'd be gone in 6 months!I don't know, he's good at X's and O's, but I'm not sure about his recruiting skills.

half-n-half
30th April 2013, 09:02 AM
I don't know, he's good at X's and O's, but I'm not sure about his recruiting skills.

I'll tell you right now that if I was a head coach I'd need me some CY's on the bench because I would S U C K at recruiting.

Claydus
30th April 2013, 09:54 AM
i like turtles

garns 4
30th April 2013, 10:57 AM
i like turtlesI like webcams, our we back on track now?(heeheee)

TrueBlue7
30th April 2013, 03:51 PM

Any update as to whether it is live or not?

WEAGLE
30th April 2013, 05:17 PM
Take the top off the bishop building and go up two more floors with nothing but luxury boxes with elevator access. Add catering service to the boxes and each have its own wet bar and refrigeration. to get one with the added services would cost $$$. Ten new boxes @ $50,000 would pay off the boxes construction quickly. Could go up 1 floor and have 5 Boxes @ $100,000.

Joseph
30th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Take the top off the bishop building and go up two more floors with nothing but luxury boxes with elevator access. Add catering service to the boxes and each have its own wet bar and refrigeration. to get one with the added services would cost $$$. Ten new boxes @ $50,000 would pay off the boxes construction quickly. Could go up 1 floor and have 5 Boxes @ $100,000.

I like this idea a lot, sounds similar to what Troy is doing. It's not the best viewing angle but the view won't ever be in the sun.

Joseph
30th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Any update as to whether it is live or not?

I'd guess after graduation

half-n-half
30th April 2013, 07:42 PM

What we are about to do is going to provide the same kind of luxury box feel without as much added expense.

Large Marge
30th April 2013, 07:45 PM
Im too lazy to podt it, but go check out troys rendering of their new endzone facility. Real nice clark.

Hail The Blue
30th April 2013, 07:56 PM
Im too lazy to podt it, but go check out troys rendering of their new endzone facility. Real nice clark.

It is first class for the SBC, no doubt. Curious to see where we are in 10 years.

Touchdown
1st May 2013, 01:16 AM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/905498_10152719419940328_1727999775_o.jpg

EagleBlue
1st May 2013, 07:41 AM
Now that looks awesome. If we could expand Bishop to look like that...wow.

Pike51
1st May 2013, 07:57 AM
Now that looks awesome. If we could expand Bishop to look like that...wow.

I think we'll do something similar with Bishop eventually but not anytime soon. I do think we'll have seating off of Bishop very soon though.

half-n-half
1st May 2013, 09:36 AM
I think we'll do something similar with Bishop eventually but not anytime soon. I do think we'll have seating off of Bishop very soon though.

If I was TK :) I'd have those seats ready by the 2013 season.

Large Marge
1st May 2013, 09:58 AM
I doubt the seats at Bishop rumor.

GSU_383
1st May 2013, 10:26 AM
I doubt the seats at Bishop rumor.

That wouldnt be smart. :D

Hail The Blue
1st May 2013, 11:21 AM
If I was TK :) I'd have those seats ready by the 2013 season.

Maybe something quick and easy that could be installed in an afternoon? Maybe some nice PGA style seats, put some nice vinyl wraps on them.

What do you think?

half-n-half
1st May 2013, 11:32 AM
Maybe something quick and easy that could be installed in an afternoon? Maybe some nice PGA style seats, put some nice vinyl wraps on them.

What do you think?

That's the route I would go.

Pike51
1st May 2013, 11:45 AM

What do you think?

It takes longer than an afternoon to put the PGA bleachers up. Just sayin' :)

MyFavoriteBlue
1st May 2013, 11:46 AM
I hope we don't start half-assing things with a "we'll fix it later" approach. That's the trap that a lot of Sun Belt schools feel into, resulting in a bunch of ugly stadium configurations for several years. Bishop is built to allow for the construction of a proper permanent block of seating. I don't want to see us dump a bunch of Lego pieces there and consider it good enough for the next 5 years. If we put seats there, do it right and make it part of the stadium design.

half-n-half
1st May 2013, 11:57 AM
If we put seats there, do it right and make it part of the stadium design.

In a perfect world where money is no problem then I agree. But we don't have the money to do that right now so a proper permanent block of seating isn't an option. But having some nice looking temporary bleachers is an option. Dumping some "lego pieces" and increasing revenue for the next 5 years is better than not doing it because it doesn't fit in perfectly with the stadium configuration.

Hail The Blue
1st May 2013, 12:04 PM
In a perfect world where money is no problem then I agree. But we don't have the money to do that right now so a proper permanent block of seating isn't an option. But having some nice looking temporary bleachers is an option. Dumping some "lego pieces" and increasing revenue for the next 5 years is better than not doing it because it doesn't fit in perfectly with the stadium configuration.

You could put the seats in now, generate revenue from them for 5 years and have that pay for permanent seating. Or we could wait 10 years before we can afford to put any seating there. Which do you do? Generate income, expand first class seating options to those on a list for a box, or just sit on your hands and wait to do anything?

If it's that small section in front of the bishop with some graphic vinyl wraps down the side, it will look just fine.

TrueBlue7
1st May 2013, 12:07 PM
Paulson is going to look totally different when this all happens. It is a much needed change but it is going to take some time to get used to it. Are they still selling the panoramic photo of Paulson at the bookstore? I wouldn't mind having one and placing it next to a new shot of the stadium in my cave.

Hail The Blue
1st May 2013, 12:08 PM
Paulson is going to look totally different when this all happens. It is a much needed change but it is going to take some time to get used to it. Are they still selling the panoramic photo of Paulson at the bookstore? I wouldn't mind having one and placing it next to a new shot of the stadium in my cave.

Yes, I saw two on the shelf when I stopped in before the spring game. I made sure I took plenty of pictures last year. :)

Expanded side seats should be done for 2013. Deck and FOC for 2014.

BrendanGS
1st May 2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, I saw two on the shelf when I stopped in before the spring game. I made sure I took plenty of pictures last year. :)

Expanded side seats should be done for 2013. Deck and FOC for 2014.

The next best thing to seeing the finished product, is to just see the construction going on. To me, that's almost as beautiful! :D

Hail The Blue
1st May 2013, 12:23 PM
The next best thing to seeing the finished product, is to just see the construction going on. To me, that's almost as beautiful! :D

I will be very excited to see some dirt turned over. That's for sure.

Dave.
1st May 2013, 12:31 PM

I'd already have that picture if they'd have taken it at a game that was actually full.

GSCBBA1987
1st May 2013, 02:47 PM
I hope we don't start half-assing things with a "we'll fix it later" approach. That's the trap that a lot of Sun Belt schools feel into, resulting in a bunch of ugly stadium configurations for several years. Bishop is built to allow for the construction of a proper permanent block of seating. I don't want to see us dump a bunch of Lego pieces there and consider it good enough for the next 5 years. If we put seats there, do it right and make it part of the stadium design.

Do you mean like the soucon turned SB school that put the tinker toy stadium at the plastic field with a track around it while their team runs out from under the bleachers at the 40 yard line next to their bench...........At least they got indoor plumbing with that upgrade!

EaglesFlyFBS
1st May 2013, 06:37 PM
Stumbled on to this photo: Even the water tower in the background. I'm assuming this is Troy? Did we copy them or did they copy us?

http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e553e551d188340105359ad1b8970c-500wi

Dave.
1st May 2013, 06:45 PM
That looks more like the sideline of Bobby Dodd than Paulson (minus that whole in Atlanta thing)

ToastyGS
9th May 2013, 08:03 AM
With graduation concluding this weekend I'm assuming ground breaking happens the following week. Anybody have any updates on the camera feed? (I'm thinking they will probably make some sort of announcement about it early next week)

ga southern eagles
9th May 2013, 07:49 PM
stadium construction bonds issued in the amount of 21M...seems as if i remember the original quote for student side expansion in the 8-9M range.

GSUfanforever
9th May 2013, 08:04 PM
stadium construction bonds issued in the amount of 21M...seems as if i remember the original quote for student side expansion in the 8-9M range.

They haven't been issued quite yet- not expected until the end of the month.

ga southern eagles
9th May 2013, 08:27 PM
Yes you are correct..will be issued may 27th. Unless the expected cost is well above the original estimate it would appear a little surprise is in the works

Hail The Blue
9th May 2013, 09:04 PM
Yes you are correct..will be issued may 27th. Unless the expected cost is well above the original estimate it would appear a little surprise is in the works

Sounds intriguing.

The Demoralizer
9th May 2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds intriguing.

Is it possible some of those total includes any funds for the FOC? Any reason for such a high number?

BrendanGS
9th May 2013, 09:20 PM
Is it possible some of those total includes any funds for the FOC? Any reason for such a high number?

For the new scoreboard?

1peatfor7
9th May 2013, 09:25 PM

Wasn't 2 projects combined into 1 to make things easier with the BOR?

With FOC total cost of ~$10M I highly doubt we're getting a $10M video board.

eaglewraith
9th May 2013, 10:26 PM

With FOC total cost of ~$10M I highly doubt we're getting a $10M video board.

It was adjusted by about $1.5 million total I think for a scoreboard.

Bond should be enough to cover the student side expansion and the FOC.

Joseph
10th May 2013, 07:43 AM
So construction on the 27th?

half-n-half
10th May 2013, 09:55 AM

That is correct. The bond is to cover both projects, not just the stadium expansion.

MyFavoriteBlue
10th May 2013, 10:20 AM
Um. The student fee increases are supposed to go towards the student expansion. Now we're taking out bonds to do it too? Something doesn't smell right.

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/cooking-the-books.jpg

ToastyGS
10th May 2013, 10:21 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed 1,000 times. All they are doing this summer is expanding the seats on the sides right? If so I can't imagine that taking a very long time.

(I also caught wind of some "temporary" seats infront of Bishop for high roller purposes?)

southern edumacation
10th May 2013, 10:22 AM
the student fee increase is over the course of 20 years for the stadium. The bonds are so we can pay the builder now, use the student fees to pay off the portion of the bond that is for the student seating.

GSUfanforever
10th May 2013, 10:27 AM
Um. The student fee increases are supposed to go towards the student expansion. Now we're taking out bonds to do it too? Something doesn't smell right.

Unless you want to foot the incoming class with a $21 million bill, it needs to be borrowed now and paid back over time. This is how a loan works.

Hail The Blue
10th May 2013, 10:45 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed 1,000 times. All they are doing this summer is expanding the seats on the sides right? If so I can't imagine that taking a very long time.

(I also caught wind of some "temporary" seats infront of Bishop for high roller purposes?)

That all sounds right to me.

Expanding the seats out to the endzones for 2013. For 2014 we will have the deck and FOC built. Not clear on if construction will be going on during 2013 or not.

And yes, I've heard a few tidbits about potential seats in front of Bishop. Should be interesting. Not sure when those will go in.

GSCBBA1987
10th May 2013, 11:21 AM

If I understood TK's message correctly they would complete the ground level seating and complete tear out and support construction for the new deck and then stop construction for football season.

Of course that all depends on whether I understood it correctly. :)

eaglewraith
10th May 2013, 11:49 AM

I hope you're not serious.

Eagle Creek
10th May 2013, 12:22 PM

Wow. No way you are serious.

BillyBob
10th May 2013, 12:44 PM
Um. The student fee increases are supposed to go towards the student expansion. Now we're taking out bonds to do it too? Something doesn't smell right.[/IMG]

The folks actually doing the construction need all the money up front?

Eagle22
10th May 2013, 12:53 PM
Of course you don't pay for it all up front, but rolling these bonds together is very smart because every bond written has a fee paid to the bank to underwrite the bond. In 2008, I think the going rate was just under $5 per $1000 of the bond ... and after the financial collapse that jumped up 30% in just a year. Not sure what the current rates are, but rolling them together likely improves the pricing break on the underwriting.

(of course I'm not a bond underwriter, so that may be really off base)

I'd wager that there are other benefits to doing it this way ...

gsumarine
10th May 2013, 02:38 PM
So if we have the bonds, does that mean that we're just expanding the student section to the endzones, or does this mean that both sides will expand to the endzones? I understood it was just the student side, but I figured I'd ask.

KJ Eagle
10th May 2013, 03:50 PM

No, but I guarantee that they don't want to wait 20 years for their payment, either. They will be paid in installments based on percentages of work complete at the end of each month's pay period. The school will hold a certian percentage (usually 10%) in retainage til the end of the job to make sure that all of the i's are dotted and t's crossed, that the work is completed correctly, and there are no issues with liens by subs/vendors, etc.

It's all standard and very normal and paying for it with a bond/loan is also very normal.

Take your tin foil hat off and live in reality for a change. No one is cooking the books!!!

SunBeltNightmare
11th May 2013, 01:18 PM
We only WISH it was like this!!

tailgating fool
11th May 2013, 04:49 PM
For anyone who attended graduation: did you look around and spot the cameras for the webcam?

GSUfanforever
11th May 2013, 06:56 PM
For anyone who attended graduation: did you look around and spot the cameras for the webcam?

I don't think they are up yet...TK did confirm at the Atlanta meeting yesterday that there would be ones in place though.

ITEagle
24th May 2013, 10:19 AM
So when is this going to be a live stream? Anyone have any information on this maybe a link?

EagleSC
24th May 2013, 11:04 AM
So when is this going to be a live stream? Anyone have any information on this maybe a link?

Total guess on my part, but I wouldn't think it would go live until sometime after the groundbreaking on 6/5. Nothing really to see at this moment now that the scoreboard is gone until they start tilling the dirt. Between now and 6/5 I'm guessing that it's just going to be prepping the site for the work to start.

Again...total guess on my part.

GSUfanforever
2nd June 2013, 06:16 PM
FYI- first picture I have seen with the new scoreboard layout:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/295535_10151598419316855_1191116068_n.jpg

Looks like a videoboard with GEORGIA on top, SOUTHERN on bottom and 4 static images on the sides (advertisement space, my guess)

Pike51
2nd June 2013, 06:25 PM

Looks like a videoboard with GEORGIA on top, SOUTHERN on bottom and 4 static images on the sides (advertisement space, my guess)

I wonder if we'll think ahead and make sure the upper deck is built to accept future display boards like they have at larger facilities? Those are great for advertisements and crowd messages. Think "Georgia" one one side and "Southern" on the other. Go ahead and get the wiring in place for them now instead of spending more $$$ to retrofit them later.

EagleSC
2nd June 2013, 06:25 PM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/295535_10151598419316855_1191116068_n.jpg

Was just coming over to post the same thing. I really like that picture and the way it combines the two projects. Wish I could get a copy of that without the text about the grand-opening. Would love to make that my desktop background.

One problem with the picture though....the Eagles are on the wrong sideline. hahahah....

SPT-bone09
2nd June 2013, 06:46 PM
Was just coming over to post the same thing. I really like that picture and the way it combines the two projects. Wish I could get a copy of that without the text about the grand-opening. Would love to make that my desktop background.

One problem with the picture though....the Eagles are on the wrong sideline. hahahah....

Funny how they always seem to mess that up.

ButlerGSU
2nd June 2013, 07:06 PM

Board looks great

Pike51
2nd June 2013, 07:31 PM
Why are we on the visitors side and a black and gold team on the home side?

;-)

that was discussed a while back when the first pictures were released. they wanted to show the new visitors side expansion and the blue team in the pics.

The Demoralizer
2nd June 2013, 07:54 PM

I would love to see any renderings showing what the home side and the Bishop end zone could possibly look like. I just have a feeling that somewhere along the line in doing these mock-ups, there had to have been a few ideas tossed around and visualized along the way.

Ralze34
2nd June 2013, 09:00 PM
So are we going to start painting the entire endzone? I like it.

Pike51
2nd June 2013, 09:24 PM
So are we going to start painting the entire endzone? I like it.

I hate to say it, but based on the coloration of the grass on the hills vs the grass on the field, it looks like an artificial surface. Hmmmm

eaglewraith
2nd June 2013, 09:42 PM
I hate to say it, but based on the coloration of the grass on the hills vs the grass on the field, it looks like an artificial surface. Hmmmm

Say it with me: Rendering

There's some artistic license in there.

Eaglebacker
2nd June 2013, 09:58 PM
June/July are usually pretty slow months. With the construction going on it will give us fans something to follow this summer.

kennesaweagle
2nd June 2013, 10:12 PM
June/July are usually pretty slow months. With the construction going on it will give us fans something to follow this summer.

...and next ;)

jfulfor2gsu
3rd June 2013, 05:08 PM

There have been discussions about moving the team to the other side for TV purposes.

jfulfor2gsu
3rd June 2013, 05:11 PM

Turf is being discussed. Keep in mind that the new weight facilities, lockers rooms, and other facilites will all know be at the stadium. They do not want to have to bus to the practice fields everyday. Turf gives them a year round practice field.

Indy
3rd June 2013, 06:20 PM
Turf is being discussed. Keep in mind that the new weight facilities, lockers rooms, and other facilites will all know be at the stadium. They do not want to have to bus to the practice fields everyday. Turf gives them a year round practice field.

Hope we stay away from that period. Hope the new AD doesn't get too carried away.

southern edumacation
3rd June 2013, 06:35 PM
Hope we stay away from that period. Hope the new AD doesn't get too carried away.

Roger isn't going to be around forever

GSUEYES
3rd June 2013, 06:41 PM

NAVY BLUE TURF!!!
with grey stripes

Gsuwinsudont
3rd June 2013, 06:45 PM
Roger isn't going to be around forever

Roger isn't there now. As for the turf what possible legitimate reason would people have to ***** about it if it was laid down at Paulson?

1peatfor7
3rd June 2013, 07:09 PM
Roger isn't there now. As for the turf what possible legitimate reason would people have to ***** about it if it was laid down at Paulson?

Why not natural grass? Our record at home on natural grass is... Womack Field has grass. Are we too good for grass? Football should be played on grass not carpet.

You're not new here, you know better than that. Heck we went from $0 to $135,000 a year for athletics apparel deal and people complained.

EagleSC
3rd June 2013, 07:09 PM

We've never had a winning season with artificial turf at Paulson![/sarcasm]

EagleSC
3rd June 2013, 07:10 PM
There have been discussions about moving the team to the other side for TV purposes.

Woa....I can only imagine the s***-storm that would brew from that for the "alumni side" of the stands.

GSUfanforever
3rd June 2013, 07:20 PM
Since 1989, other than Richmond in 2008, GSU is the only team to have won an FCS/1-AA national championship playing home games on grass.

SPT-bone09
3rd June 2013, 07:21 PM
NAVY BLUE TURF!!!
with grey stripes

Don't even start that.

SPT-bone09
3rd June 2013, 07:22 PM
Woa....I can only imagine the s***-storm that would brew from that for the "alumni side" of the stands.

Not to mention the students not getting to yell obscene slurs at opposing teams.

Pike51
3rd June 2013, 07:32 PM

we would get over it. other than the damn sun!

jfulfor2gsu
3rd June 2013, 07:42 PM
Not to mention the students not getting to yell obscene slurs at opposing teams.

I also think that once we are FBS students cannot sit between the 20's in the lower level. So they will have to be relocated from their current seats.

eaglesrthe1
3rd June 2013, 07:46 PM
Moving the team to the opposite side of the field would put them at a competitive disadvantage due to the sun/heat. Would be a crazy move.

gatadotcom
3rd June 2013, 08:06 PM
I also think that once we are FBS students cannot sit between the 20's in the lower level. So they will have to be relocated from their current seats.

Where did this come from, because it is not an NCAA or SBC rule or policy.

Hail The Blue
3rd June 2013, 08:27 PM

My guess is that we will be SELLING those seats on the 50-20 yard line instead of giving them to students. My guess is the students will be sitting between the endzones and the 20s and in the upper deck. The rest of the seats will be for sale to season ticket holders and vistors generating more revenue.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Forum Runner

The Demoralizer
3rd June 2013, 10:15 PM
Moving the team to the opposite side of the field would put them at a competitive disadvantage due to the sun/heat. Would be a crazy move.

I want to agree with this, but can any former players vouch for it?

1peatfor7
3rd June 2013, 10:25 PM
Since 1989, other than Richmond in 2008, GSU is the only team to have won an FCS/1-AA national championship playing home games on grass.

And exactly how many teams have played the title game on their home field period? Marshall? Anyone else?

Gsuwinsudont
3rd June 2013, 11:02 PM
And exactly how many teams have played the title game on their home field period? Marshall? Anyone else?

I don't think he's saying that the championship games were played on home fields. He is just saying that everyone since 89 not named Richmond or GSU has won it all while playing their home games on the fake stuff.

spdrumline
3rd June 2013, 11:04 PM

Wins beat me to it. Youngstown, Montana, Marshall, W Kentucky, Delaware, James Madison, App State, Villanova, E Washington, and ND State all play their home games on artificial surfaces.

GATAonemoretime
4th June 2013, 12:22 AM
I would love to see turf in statesboro. I feel like in the long run its cheaper and while our grass looks great now that's not always the case. On the field at Bama for example large parts of it were actually dirt where the grass wasn't growing there and they were forced to dye the field green/red and what have you. Wouldn't have that problem with turf

ButlerGSU
4th June 2013, 06:34 AM

Are there any schools who have done this? I can't think of any; UGA is on box (home) side, Auburn on box side, Clemson on box side, etc.

jfulfor2gsu
4th June 2013, 06:57 AM

It is some kind of rule in the FBS. I did a very quick search of other FBS schools student sections and they all seem to stop at the 20 in the lowest level.

eaglewraith
4th June 2013, 07:18 AM
It is some kind of rule in the FBS. I did a very quick search of other FBS schools student sections and they all seem to stop at the 20 in the lowest level.

Is it a rule or just a general business practice for ticket revenue purposes? One could easily be mistaken for the other.

1peatfor7
4th June 2013, 07:23 AM
Is it a rule or just a general business practice for ticket revenue purposes? One could easily be mistaken for the other.

I'd agree with this statement. Students pay very little for tickets hidden in tuition or for season tickets. Why give away your best seats between the 20's and 30's for free? That way it doubles the amount of people that can have prime seats.

Pike51
5th June 2013, 01:04 PM
Okay! So where is the link to the live webcams? :)

ToastyGS
5th June 2013, 01:29 PM
Okay! So where is the link to the live webcams? :)

No link yet. Not sure what the hold up is. I'll ask.

EaglePA-C
5th June 2013, 07:53 PM
I would love to see turf in statesboro. I feel like in the long run its cheaper and while our grass looks great now that's not always the case. On the field at Bama for example large parts of it were actually dirt where the grass wasn't growing there and they were forced to dye the field green/red and what have you. Wouldn't have that problem with turf

I gotta say that the turf looked as bad as I've ever seen it today, huge patches that didn't look healthy.

1peatfor7
5th June 2013, 08:45 PM
I gotta say that the turf looked as bad as I've ever seen it today, huge patches that didn't look healthy.

The turf on the hill where the kids slide down?

spdrumline
5th June 2013, 09:16 PM

No, the field was pretty chewed up from construction equipment. Plus, most of us don't see the field between the Spring Game and the first regular season game, so I'm not surprised it looked so rough.

AppMan
6th June 2013, 08:50 AM

The new generation turf has a lot of advantage over grass from a safety and maintenance perspective. It saves ASU a tremendous amount of money and time. No more cutting, watering, fertilize or paint. The cost of a mower alone can exceed $10K plus fuel. Our baseball field is also turf - except for the mound - and opposing teams rave about it. Nearly 50 D-I programs - including Big Ten, Big XII & ACC -play on artificial baseball surfaces. If that isn't enough studies show a reduction in injuries over natural grass.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial-turf/artificial-turf-news/college-study-proves-fieldturf-safer-than-grass

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/fieldturf-difference/proven-safety

Pike51
6th June 2013, 09:56 AM
The new generation turf has a lot of advantage over grass from a safety and maintenance perspective. It saves ASU a tremendous amount of money and time. No more cutting, watering, fertilize or paint. The cost of a mower alone can exceed $10K plus fuel. Our baseball field is also turf - except for the mound - and opposing teams rave about it. Nearly 50 D-I programs - including Big Ten, Big XII & ACC -play on artificial baseball surfaces. If that isn't enough studies show a reduction in injuries over natural grass.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial-turf/artificial-turf-news/college-study-proves-fieldturf-safer-than-grass

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/fieldturf-difference/proven-safety

There are studies that show grass is cheaper and safer over the long run as well. At this point, being a holdout becomes a competitive advantage for us.

Hail The Blue
6th June 2013, 10:33 AM
There are studies that show grass is cheaper and safer over the long run as well. At this point, being a holdout becomes a competitive advantage for us.

We still have to play road games, which puts us at a further disadvantage while on the road.

I know there were TONS of other factors, but we played much better in NDSU after they replaced their carpet with a decent turf. If our guys aren't used to playing on turf it doesn't give us any advantages when we go on the road.

eaglewraith
6th June 2013, 10:39 AM
With the way turf technology has come along, I think at this point it's basically personal preference. I love our natural grass field, but I'm also not going to have a heart attack if we put in turf.

mlwarrenatc
6th June 2013, 10:52 AM
The field needs to remain natural grass. Field turf does require maintaince as well. It typical has to get brushed on a weekly basis, sanitized couple of times a year. and new tire rubber has to be added once a year. It's only a matter of time till an indoor practice facility gets built. When that happens it will be field turf. On weeks we play teams that have field turf we practice some indoors.

Gsuwinsudont
6th June 2013, 11:01 AM
Here's hoping that an indoor practice facility is pretty low on the list of future improvements. It's not really needed.

eaglewraith
6th June 2013, 11:04 AM
Here's hoping that an indoor practice facility is pretty low on the list of future improvements. It's not really needed.

With the practice time lost/affected due to summer thunderstorms it's not as crazy as one would think.

Gsuwinsudont
6th June 2013, 11:08 AM
With the practice time lost/affected due to summer thunderstorms it's not as crazy as one would think.

I'm not saying its crazy but we have other things to spend money on before an indoor facility. How much would it cost to build something that will be NEEDED 4 or 5 times a year?

Edit: Lights at the practice facility would solve a lot of the storm problems as well.

Dave.
6th June 2013, 11:43 AM
I'm not saying its crazy but we have other things to spend money on before an indoor facility. How much would it cost to build something that will be NEEDED 4 or 5 times a year?

Edit: Lights at the practice facility would solve a lot of the storm problems as well.

Which we will now have with the move to the soccer field right?

Gsuwinsudont
6th June 2013, 11:45 AM
Which we will now have with the move to the soccer field right?

It would. Has it been made official that football would start to practice over at the soccer field area yet or is it still speculation?

Dave.
6th June 2013, 11:48 AM
It would. Has it been made official that football would start to practice over at the soccer field area yet or is it still speculation?

I thought that was part of this inspiration with the FOC?

Eaglebacker
6th June 2013, 12:06 PM
Construction may be delayed a day or 2-- raining steady in boro today and expected tomorrow also.

Hail The Blue
6th June 2013, 12:08 PM
Construction may be delayed a day or 2-- raining steady in boro today and expected tomorrow also.

Something something tropical storm.

On the bright side, it should soften the dirt and make the digging easier! :)

ToastyGS
6th June 2013, 01:03 PM

Haha, I read somewhere (I think) that construction isn't supposed to start until the 12th anyway. So we've got a whole week before they start digging anything. That's probably when the cameras will be activated too.

BrendanGS
6th June 2013, 01:09 PM
Haha, I read somewhere (I think) that construction isn't supposed to start until the 12th anyway. So we've got a whole week before they start digging anything. That's probably when the cameras will be activated too.

Well crap! I've already been out there digging! I hope they don't mind!

gatadotcom
6th June 2013, 03:44 PM

Nope, not a rule. Just an incorrect statement apparently based on your admitted small amount of research on the subject.

Please don't state things are "FBS rules" when they are not. It will only confuse others, like yourself, that are too lazy to fully research topics.

That's how ish is started on the interweb!

bigdoc91
6th June 2013, 04:11 PM
Nope, not a rule. Just an incorrect statement apparently based on your admitted small amount of research on the subject.

Please don't state things are "FBS rules" when they are not. It will only confuse others, like yourself, that are too lazy to fully research topics.

That's how ish is started on the interweb!

Yea its definitely not a rule. Its just where must of the Southern schools student section is. A interesting one to look at is the University of Illinois, their student section is behind a endzone. http://i.imgur.com/pxyaw61.jpg http://i.imgur.com/E8xAejV.jpg
It's just up to the school, and with the students paying for the new seats they will get the seats they have always head and more. Endzone to 30/40 then up.

And according to the GSU Football Facebook page construction will begin on June 12th.

SPT-bone09
6th June 2013, 04:42 PM
Yea its definitely not a rule. Its just where must of the Southern schools student section is. A interesting one to look at is the University of Illinois, their student section is behind a endzone. http://i.imgur.com/pxyaw61.jpg http://i.imgur.com/E8xAejV.jpg
It's just up to the school, and with the students paying for the new seats they will get the seats they have always head and more. Endzone to 30/40 then up.

And according to the GSU Football Facebook page construction will begin on June 12th.

I understand the reasoning behind putting the students in some corner. Those are decent seats and we could make some good money off of it. I just enjoy having our rowdiest fans directly behind the visitors bench. That's one heck of a home field advantage we have and I'd hate to lose it.

EaglePA-C
6th June 2013, 05:43 PM

No the field. And I'm not talking about construction vehicle issues. It looked diseased.

EagleSC
6th June 2013, 09:18 PM
Wish we could get a video tour like this of our FOC. Impressive video about an impressive facility.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/49946313?color=de0206" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/49946313">"Red Wolves Rising" - Arkansas State University's Football Operations Center & Indoor Practice Facility - 3D Virtual Tour</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/threedream">3Dream Studios</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

birdseye
6th June 2013, 09:33 PM
When the decision was made nearly three years ago to move our practice facility to Paulson, that pretty much closed the door on having natural turf in Paulson. It's rather obvious that with the soccer facility being the only practice field besides the stadium, we can't conceivably build another field in the parking lot because stadium parking is now at a premium. You have to put artificial turf in the stadium. No way it can be maintained for gamedays with practices going on several times week in Paulson.

Eaglebacker
6th June 2013, 09:43 PM
Not saying you are wrong about artificial turf at Paulson but I believe that project would not be high priority as we have other projects that are more pressing that installing turf at Paulson.

DawgGoneEagle
6th June 2013, 10:09 PM
I saw a video where Furman is going artificial turf as of this year in their Paladin Stadium renovation project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yec2e8KWDz8

spdrumline
6th June 2013, 10:49 PM
When the decision was made nearly three years ago to move our practice facility to Paulson, that pretty much closed the door on having natural turf in Paulson. It's rather obvious that with the soccer facility being the only practice field besides the stadium, we can't conceivably build another field in the parking lot because stadium parking is now at a premium. You have to put artificial turf in the stadium. No way it can be maintained for gamedays with practices going on several times week in Paulson.

A few posters (myself included) have played around with Google Earth or Google Maps, and there's room for at least 2 1/2 or 3 full fields between the current Soccer/Track Facility and Akins Boulevard. Glenn Bryant field would not have to be used for weekly practice.

BoroNative
7th June 2013, 06:59 AM
"There is nothing wrong with putting artificial turf in Paulson"

http://jay3arr.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hoops_weiss_drunk_on_toupee_bliss.jpg

1peatfor7
7th June 2013, 07:08 AM

What you talking about Willis?

The plan is to put 2.5 practice fields in the current location of the soccer stadium. That's straight from Monken's mouth. The track is nearing the end of life and needs to be replaced anyway.

Joseph
7th June 2013, 07:12 AM

Historically we do some of our best work in Paulson while the storm outside has a name.

Hail The Blue
7th June 2013, 08:35 AM
Historically we do some of our best work in Paulson while the storm outside has a name.

Right. If that storm doesn't have a name, its just wet and UNH comes to mind.