PDA

View Full Version : Paragraph Breaks

GaSouFan6
14th August 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm having trouble making new paragraphs. When I hit "enter", nothing happens. I'm forced to write everything in one huge block, which I don't recall having to do before. Anybody else having this problem, or am I just an idiot?

Eagle22
14th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Really shouldn't happen because I have the forum set to default style, such that users aren't supposed to be able to override. There are some styles out there that eliminate the page/paragraph breaks to condense the style for reading on phones & notepads.

Just double check your profile settings (or don't bother if you've never altered them). Keep me posted.

KJ Eagle
14th August 2013, 08:39 PM
I'm having the same problem.

eagle#58
15th August 2013, 07:42 AM
I'm having the same problem.

Ditto here as well. What Message Editing setting should we be using - Simple Textbox, WYSIWIG, or Standard?

ValleyBoy
15th August 2013, 09:59 AM
I'm having trouble making new paragraphs. When I hit "enter", nothing happens. I'm forced to write everything in one huge block, which I don't recall having to do before. Anybody else having this problem, or am I just an idiot?

I have the same problem when I post from my computer at home. I do not have any problems with the same computer when posting on other message board only on this message board.

Eagle22
15th August 2013, 11:02 AM
Alright, tell me what browser (and version) you are using, and if you can, a screenshot of your individual settings. WYSIWYG is supposed to be the default.

eagle#58
15th August 2013, 06:25 PM
Alright, tell me what browser (and version) you are using, and if you can, a screenshot of your individual settings. WYSIWYG is supposed to be the default.

Work Laptop: Windows 7, IE8, settings set to STANDARD, and I haven't touched it.
Home Laptop: Windows 8, IE10, settings set to STANDARD, and I haven't touched that one, either.

Will say that I don't have the problem on IE10 on the home PC.

GeecheeEagle
20th August 2013, 10:11 PM
I'm having this problem too. I'm using IE10 and Windows 8. I have been blaming in on Windows 8 just because I hate it. Can't use enter to start new lines or paragraphs. I'm using WYSIWYG but the cut and paste did not capture the setting below. Miscellaneous Options

<label>Message Editor Interface:</label>

<label for="rb_vbcode2"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode2" type="radio" value="2"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing</label>
<label for="rb_vbcode0"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode0" type="radio" value="0"> Basic Editor - A simple text box</label>
<label for="rb_vbcode1"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode1" type="radio" value="1"> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls</label>

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

GaSouFan6
21st August 2013, 03:33 PM
I'm having this problem too. I'm using IE10 and Windows 8. I have been blaming in on Windows 8 just because I hate it. Can't use enter to start new lines or paragraphs. I'm using WYSIWYG but the cut and paste did not capture the setting below. Miscellaneous Options

<label>Message Editor Interface:</label>

<label for="rb_vbcode2"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode2" type="radio" value="2"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing</label>
<label for="rb_vbcode0"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode0" type="radio" value="0"> Basic Editor - A simple text box</label>
<label for="rb_vbcode1"><input name="showvbcode" tabindex="1" id="rb_vbcode1" type="radio" value="1"> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls</label>

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

I think I just fixed my problem.

My settings were set on "Enhanced Interface" and I changed it to "Standard Editor" and everything seems to be working now.

Try it and see if it works for you too.

GeecheeEagle
25th August 2013, 11:18 PM
I think I just fixed my problem.

My settings were set on "Enhanced Interface" and I changed it to "Standard Editor" and everything seems to be working now.

Try it and see if it works for you too.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!